1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wylte
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Greetings Everyone!

I'm sure this kind of post has been seen many times, but I recently purchased a 1990 Dr. Dude Bally Pinball machine and want to give it a really good playfield cleaning. The playfield currently has mylar and I'm not sure the best product to use to wipe down the whole playfield without damaging it. I've heard some cleaners are better than others for different pinball companies. Thanks for any feedback!

#2 1 year ago

Whole playfield Mylar? You can use Novus 2 followed by Novus 1. And a carNuaba paste wax if you want to.

#3 1 year ago

How dirty is it? That will usually determine what to use first.

#4 1 year ago

Novus 2 for mylar

#5 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips everyone, Novus 2 followed by 1 it is!

Quoted from ForceFlow:

How dirty is it? That will usually determine what to use first.

Playfield is not too dirty, just got the machine from a seller and wanted to clean it. Whole table is mylar I belive, you can see some small bubbles on some of the some area of the lights on the playfield. Thanks for the feedback!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    #6 1 year ago

Oh yeah, thas-a-lotta mylar! You can see the edges, and the unprotected playfield at the Big Score and up the right orbit. Definitely wax those exposed areas after you clean them, and make sure you're using fresh balls. And have fun!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-cleaning-product-for-1990-s-bally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.