Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by iloveplywood
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Trying to decide what to get as my first nib pin. I'm looking for something that will appeal to the whole family but knowing I'll play it most. Family ages range from 10-23. I was going to get a ST premium and have a deposit down but have played DP a lot and find it really fun and the theme is great. ST shoots great but not sure everyone will enjoy it.

I'm looking for opinions and open to other suggestions from the community.

Thanks!

#2 7 months ago

The pro versions are good pins. I have a Star Trek pro and Deadpool pro. Both are fun at home. Wife loves playing both of these too, so that’s a plus. I’d recommend saving a little money and buying a pro. If you have any questions, pm me

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’d recommend saving a little money and buying a pro.

He’s getting a premium...?............Joey

#4 7 months ago

I own star trek and really like it but I also think deadpool is a fun game and if you think your wife might not enjoy ST I would go with Deadpool. I also agree with Coz both pro version on these games are very fun and similar so I would recommend going the pro version and saving some cash.

#5 7 months ago

Deadpool or Munsters

#6 7 months ago

ST is a great choice. BK looks like a sure thing also.

#8 7 months ago

ST or wait and go BK.

#9 7 months ago

I'm open to Pro as well if game play is similar. I've only played Deadpool pro but have read the diverter on the premium gives it more flow ? Always open to saving money but don't mind spending the extra cash if it's worth it.

#10 7 months ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

He’s getting a premium...?............Joey

What I meant to say is why spend an extra $1500-2000 more for a premium when the pro may be just as much fun. Yes, the premiums have more features, but the pros are fun and play almost the same. You may be able to get a nib pro for $5200-5300 us

#11 7 months ago

Between ST and DP, I would choose DP.

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from gman88:

I'm open to Pro as well if game play is similar. I've only played Deadpool pro but have read the diverter on the premium gives it more flow ?

I much prefer Deadpool premium to the pro. I think right now Deadpool Premium is hard to beat for the NIB games. Batman 66 and Iron Maiden can still be had as well I think and is also very good.

#13 7 months ago

This is where you will find people that say complete opposite things. I personally don’t care for either Deadpool or ST. To be honest they haven’t been a lot of recent releases that excite me which is why I went with a MBr. I love some “older” titles such as Met pro or premium, AC/DC Premium. I think Munsters pro is fun, just not for home us. The premium does look interesting but I haven’t played it. I just didn’t like the 2 you are looking at.

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

I much prefer Deadpool premium to the pro. I think right now Deadpool Premium is hard to beat for the NIB games. Batman 66 and Iron Maiden can still be had as well I think and are also very good.

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from gman88:

I'm open to Pro as well if game play is similar. I've only played Deadpool pro but have read the diverter on the premium gives it more flow ? Always open to saving money but don't mind spending the extra cash if it's worth it.

The reason I don't like DP premium as a tournament player I just shoot the left spinner and the diverter feeds it perfectly to my flipper so I can shoot it again which becomes a boring strategy compared to the pro which goes to the pops and puts the ball at risk which I like.

#16 7 months ago
Quoted from gman88:

I think Deadpool premium is more fun. Yes the diverter gives it much smoother gameplay.

#17 7 months ago

The Munsters (any model) or Monster Bash Remake SE

#18 7 months ago

It could be better to just go Afmr or MBr since you're looking
to suite for 10-23 yr old bracket in your household. Something better to walk up too. But
I know you are after Stern Prem.

#19 7 months ago

ST premium is amazing. Haven’t really gotten to play DP much.

#20 7 months ago

MBR, fun for all ages and not too deep for average players.

#21 7 months ago

Can’t go wrong with either ST or DP. I’d lean towards DP, but only just.

#22 7 months ago

Star Wars it’s badass for home ! Deep fun, love the hyper loop very satisfing shot also a rush

#23 7 months ago

Wait for WONKA

#24 7 months ago

guardians prem. kids love the groot head and the magnets

mjr

#25 7 months ago
Quoted from gman88:

Trying to decide what to get as my first nib pin. I'm looking for something that will appeal to the whole family but knowing I'll play it most. Family ages range from 10-23. I was going to get a ST premium and have a deposit down but have played DP a lot and find it really fun and the theme is great. ST shoots great but not sure everyone will enjoy it.
I'm looking for opinions and open to other suggestions from the community.
Thanks!

If you've played DP and like it a lot go for it. The DP club here seems to really enjoy it, I doubt you'll regret it. While I don't think the LCD screen is that important, for your first NIB it might not be bad to get something that your family might like to watch while you play and the deadpool fighting game animations are pretty fun just to observe. This might suck them into playing more. Just a thought.

#26 7 months ago

**double post, sorry ****

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside