(Topic ID: 126665)

Best Cereal ever...???!!

By Breaking_Dad

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bbff15f1c78a472ceca79df686108b74e5631685 (resized).jpg
    7f9ad622700648d21a06424a976e8f0b63325b3e.jpeg (resized).jpg
    ccb3ca03e79e1b7c9410de757f5b433f--cereal-food-cereal-boxes (resized).jpg
    51Gy2YBwm5L (resized).jpg
    9d8e62a35b2cab4c016746f57b853298 (resized).jpg
    9801A273-1354-4298-B396-09DFE12D689A (resized).jpeg
    6389BD25-0F69-4CB9-9B10-B6221058C5AE (resized).jpeg
    quaker-oats (resized).jpg
    nooooooooooo (resized).png
    index (resized).jpg
    f902b591-f4a9-44b1-94af-c97104e9d8f4_2.5b9d8746785e2d44249b85c7460e92ef (resized).jpeg
    1167_8887_ucp (resized).jpg
    mom-smores (resized).jpeg
    WildBerryFL (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180523-193032 (resized).png
    IMG_20180523_134011_01 (resized).jpg

There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 7 years ago

Just for kicks. Because I am recovering from a stroke and three brain surgeries my taste is completely messed up. Now sugar is pretty horrible in almost everything, which brings me to Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Once the greatest now inedible to me, bummer. But the taste could return to normal someday.

#252 7 years ago

2 down 4 to go ... where Stern goes to select the next title.

IMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPG

#253 7 years ago

Nothing says little Tommy and Sue won't grow up to be successful like these winners.

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

IMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPG

IMG_0020 (resized).JPGIMG_0020 (resized).JPG

#254 7 years ago

Happy Cereal Day Pinside !!!

King Vitamin was one of my true favorites. Eat it fast or little crowns get bloated and soggy with milk

IMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG

#255 7 years ago

And now a word from our sponsors.

#256 7 years ago

oops, post malfunction!

#257 7 years ago

Any votes for Quisp yet?

Quisp_fair_use_crop (resized).jpgQuisp_fair_use_crop (resized).jpg

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from heckheck:

Any votes for Quisp yet?

Yeah, I voted for Quisp. Quake had to go....

#259 7 years ago

And these were as cool as it gets.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is that next stern pin Hannah Montana or miley cyrus? I so miss all the toys in cereal...have a sealed box of each of the addams family with all the flashlights.

#261 7 years ago

Bill and Ted's excellent cereal!!
    Dont have any boxes but still got a couple of the plastic phone booth card cases

images-1 (resized).jpgimages-1 (resized).jpg

#262 7 years ago

The most honest cereal package:
    twigs (resized).jpgtwigs (resized).jpg

#263 7 years ago

I received my case of Quisp from walmart.com yesterday, however I'm now going on 48 hours without power and the milk had to go. I guess I'll have to wait until this weekend (when the power is hopefully restored) to enjoy a bowl

#264 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I received my case of Quisp from walmart.com yesterday, however I'm now going on 48 hours without power and the milk had to go. I guess I'll have to wait until this weekend (when the power is hopefully restored) to enjoy a bowl

Top off those Quisp with a bottle of warm beer. Mmmhhh.

#265 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is that next stern pin Hannah Montana or miley cyrus? I so miss all the toys in cereal...have a sealed box of each of the addams family with all the flashlights.

A couple of years ago Lucky Charms had some shitty Star Wars pens that came in the box. I kept buying it until they stopped the promotion. I haven't seen much else as far as free toys with cereal anymore. It has gone the way of getting a free NFL glass with an 8 gallon fill up.

#266 7 years ago

the funny/sad part is that the cost of those toys couldn't have been more than a few cents and they were (in my mind) way cooler than some of the crap that they are pushing on our kids today

kellogg's and general mills should both start a "throwback" series of cereals using the same ingredients, packaging (with original art) and pack-in toys from the '60s and '70s. I'd bet money that it would be a huge success

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the funny/sad part is that the cost of those toys couldn't have been more than a few cents and they were (in my mind) way cooler than some of the crap that they are pushing on our kids today
    kellogg's and general mills should both start a "throwback" series of cereals using the same ingredients, packaging (with original art) and pack-in toys from the '60s and '70s. I'd bet money that it would be a huge success

Hell ya!

Come on...tell me nobody else as a kid insisted on complete crap ass cereal to their parents (knowing it sucked) just for the toy advertised!???

Now you get crap and no toy#

#268 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Hell ya!
    Come on...tell me nobody else as a kid insisted on complete crap ass cereal to their parents (knowing it sucked) just for the toy advertised!???
    Now you get crap and no toy#

I totally did. I wanted the cereal that had a record on the box. Always turned out to be Honeycombs which I hated.

#269 7 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I totally did. I wanted the cereal that had a record on the box. Always turned out to be Honeycombs which I hated.

I remember getting the thin film plastic records in the box (Still have one for ghostbusters or ghostbusters II can't remember off hand), but the ones where you had to actually cut out of the box were awesome!

Today, maybe they could toss in a small memory stick with a song on it. Lol.

#270 7 years ago

You know, getting the surprises from cereal were a serious treat back in the day.

Things are so different now.

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

You know, getting the surprises from cereal were a serious treat back in the day.
    Things are so different now.

Those little things were what made it great! Even like kool aid points...I remember when they stopped those. I wrote them a nasty letter explaining how cool they were, how many points I even still had (still have a bag full...idk why lol), and how now future generations won't have that treat...may have threatened to make sure kids boycott and buy other brands instead now. ;D

#273 7 years ago

If there haven't been any votes for cheerios yet I would be very disappointed. No votes on the first page at least. That's my go to breakfast food, can't get enough. The generic version is crap though. And I can I only eat it with sweetened almond water

#274 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

If there haven't been any votes for cheerios yet I would be very disappointed. No votes on the first page at least. That's my go to breakfast food, can't get enough. The generic version is crap though. And I can I only eat it with sweetened almond water

Ugh! I used to love Cheerios up until a few years ago, then they changed them. I can't eat them without getting stomach cramps now.

#275 7 years ago

I like the multi grain Cheerios. I eat them as a snack at night.

20170311_090955 (resized).jpg20170311_090955 (resized).jpg

#276 7 years ago

Gir who loves waffles your stomache cramps may be caused by preservatives. I was allergic as a child to preservatives like b h t, and cereals would give me cramps and sickness in minutes after eating.

Because of it, I loved granolas they were all I could eat. There are many choices without preservatives but almost every good cereal in this thread is chock full of em.

Good luck I hate cramps!

1 month later
    #277 6 years ago

20170422_165738 (resized).jpg20170422_165738 (resized).jpg

#279 6 years ago

What the hell is up with all this healthy cereal shit. I need the stuff that has a pile of sugar in the bowl that fell off as you were eating.

#280 6 years ago

My parents don't pay for the dentist anymore. And there's that diabetes thing

#281 6 years ago

did someone say "diabetes"?
    wilford brimley (resized).jpgwilford brimley (resized).jpg

#282 6 years ago

You mean die-a-beet-iss..... Joey

#283 6 years ago

you asked for it...

c_240_monopoly_cereal (resized).jpgc_240_monopoly_cereal (resized).jpg

#284 6 years ago

Boom. The movie, the McDonald's tie ins, the toys, the Prince Soundtrack, and of course the Captain Crunch tasting bat emblem cereal pretty much encompassed my entire childhood.

IMG_0645 (resized).JPGIMG_0645 (resized).JPG

#285 6 years ago

I just tried some of my old favorite cereals from back in the day...I notice they don't taste the same.

There healthier now with less sugar but the taste is gone..Corn pops,Cap crunch don't taste the same.

#286 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

I just tried some of my old favorite cereals from back in the day...I notice they don't taste the same.
    There healthier now with less sugar but the taste is gone..Corn pops,Cap crunch don't taste the same.

Agree on the Captain. I still eat it as dessert at home, but I feel like the pieces are smaller and the flavor is different.

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Boom. The movie, the McDonald's tie ins, the toys, the Prince Soundtrack, and of course the Captain Crunch tasting bat emblem cereal pretty much encompassed my entire childhood.

Oh man if that was like Cap'n Crunch those pointed bat shapes would've ripped the roof of your mouth to shreds.

#288 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

1989 called. They want their movie / breakfast tie in franchise back.

#289 6 years ago

Lucky me I never tried this one!!!

IMG_0259 (resized).JPGIMG_0259 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #290 6 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

9 months later
    #291 6 years ago

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but this is going on on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/nationalcerealday?data_id=tweet%3A971459849685942272&f=tweets&vertical=default&src=tren
    #nationalcerealday

#292 6 years ago

Happy national cereal day! Going to have a bowl while I celebrate.

#293 6 years ago

SMO cereal FTW!!!!

IMG_1804 (resized).JPGIMG_1804 (resized).JPG

#294 6 years ago

Love me some cinnamon or vanilla Life cereal!

#295 6 years ago

Why must they put cinnamon on one and maple syrup on the other? These need to be mixed into a super cereal! Happy Cereal Day 2018 to Pinsiders everywhere.

IMG_0156.JPGIMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPGIMG_0157.JPG

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Three down, three to go.

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Happy national cereal day! Going to have a bowl while I celebrate.

There is such a thing?

#298 6 years ago

These are my fave

09714AA7-88E1-44B4-BCA4-533F5CD36F6D (resized).jpeg09714AA7-88E1-44B4-BCA4-533F5CD36F6D (resized).jpeg

#299 6 years ago

How do they hold up in chocolate milk?

#300 6 years ago

apparently, super mario cereal no longer comes with the "on box" amiibo (which is probably the only reason people were purchasing it

There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-cereal-ever/page/6?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.