4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by erickjhons027
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DDClan (resized).jpg
    20181114_184911 (resized).jpg
    SkeletonWarrior (resized).JPG

#1 4 months ago

So this is totally off topic, but I am working on an USB drive that will play on the screens in our new(ish) van. This is going to be a gift to my girls for Christmas. They are currently 7. Movies are pretty easy to research, but I'm wondering what are some of your suggested cartoons. It would be even more helpful if you could also provide a list of the essential episodes from said cartoons. Below is a list of what I have so far. Please feel free to comment with your favorite shows / episodes.

Shows I thought they might enjoy, more specifically targeted for young girls...

Miraculous Ladybug
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    Powerpuff Girls
    Sofia the First
    Totally Spies

Shows from my childhood, or generally acclaimed...

Batman: The Animated Series
    Dexter's Laboratory
    He-Man
    Pinky and the Brain
    Scooby-Doo
    Thundercats
    X-Men

#2 4 months ago

My daughter (4.5) loves Tail Spin and Duck Tales (original) from my childhood. She also loves Spirit on Netflix (I'm not certain if it's eligible for D/L).

#3 4 months ago

Classic Tex Avery

https://dai.ly/x4i7jgw

I send my Goddaughter videos all the time:

Fractured Fairy-tales
    Flintstones
    Underdog
    Tennessee tuxedo
    Classic Loony Tunes

She's 5 and she loves this old stuff

#4 4 months ago

Dexter's Laboratory

oops u got that

soooooo

Pink panther?

#5 4 months ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

My daughter (4.5) loves Tail Spin and Duck Tales (original) from my childhood. She also loves Spirit on Netflix (I'm not certain if it's eligible for D/L).

Shoot, I forgot to include those. I did actually include some Chip 'n Dales Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, and Tail Spin. Finding the essential episodes for those can be difficult though. I've been going into the forums on fan pages to help decide which episodes to download.

#6 4 months ago

I'd throw as much variety in there as I could for TV series that they likely have not seen. I would go with Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Rescue Rangers... and any of the classic Disney Cartoons I could get my hands on.

As far as modernish movies go, Frozen, Trolls, Shrek...

#7 4 months ago

Oh, I used to -love- the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon series. Not sure how that'd be for girls, or for a 7-year old for that matter, maybe better for older.

But I'll name one episode anyways: S1E09 Quest of the Skeleton Warrior

Also, I got dibs on turning this series into a pin!!!

SkeletonWarrior (resized).JPG

#8 4 months ago

I have a daughter that's been begging my to watch It ever since she saw the trailer on YouTube, so don't worry too much about it being a "boy" or "girl" show. They are weird. They like all the traditional girly stuff with pink, princesses, and fission; but also watch a lot of YouTube clips about "haunted houses" or spooky stuff like that. I'd much rather have them watch that then that damn Cookie Swirl C..."hehehehe". I want to gouge out my ears when her voice comes on.

#9 4 months ago

My favorite animated show of all time is Avatar: The Last Airbender. I also really like it's sequel The Legend of Korra. You should watch every episode of those shows together with your kids.

#10 4 months ago

I've heard that show is very critically acclaimed. Are episodes stand alone or do you need to watch them all in order? Because this will mainly be while traveling, I'm more interested in shows where you can watch an episode here or there without needing to follow along with a full story.

#11 4 months ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Are episodes stand alone or do you need to watch them all in order?

You definitely have to watch them in order, so it's probably not the best choice for car travel. Like I said, you should watch them as well. It's a really cool story that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults. I think I first showed it to my twins when they were 7 or 8.

If you're just looking for some stuff to put on in the car, you really can't go wrong with any of the Hanna-Barbera stuff. My kids loved Super Friends, Scooby-Doo, The Jetsons, Wacky Races, etc ...

#12 4 months ago

Thanks, I'll see if I can get them to watch them sometime at home.

#13 4 months ago

Classic Disney is always a good time.

#14 4 months ago

Voltron!!! Lion force was my favorite.

20181114_184911 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 months ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Not sure how that'd be for girls, or for a 7-year old for that matter, maybe better for older.

There are strong chicas in that show and an adorable unicorn.
    It started when I was 8 so that seems aboot right

#16 4 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

There are strong chicas in that show and an adorable unicorn.
    It started when I was 8 so that seems aboot right

Oh, true that, they kicked some lizard ass too! Things are different for kids now I guess, but back then, I probably would have been freaked out by Venger and the 5-headed dragon at 7 though. Man, that would have been even more exhilarating! Too bad I was older when it came out: I always had to hope for cooler and more devious monsters and villains. I was always ticked if an episode was too tame.

DDClan (resized).jpg

#17 4 months ago

My girl likes the American girl movies. It’s good for girls 6-12

#18 4 months ago

Want to ensure a lifetime of good dental hygiene? Ren and Stimpy, "Ren's Toothache".
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ht1az

#19 4 months ago

Tom and Jerry- uncle Pecos episode!

#20 4 months ago

Fraggle Rock

#21 4 months ago

Can’t have he-man, without she-ra

#22 4 months ago

In my cartoon days if Mel Blanc wasn't doing the voices it wasn't a cartoon.

3 months later
    #23 24 days ago

Avatar, Tom & Jerry, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z are very special to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 10.00
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.95
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 64.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 248.00
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside