(Topic ID: 32331)

Best car for a pinsider

By genjackson

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03501-1.jpg
    2012-10-02_15.51.18_resize.jpg
    FitS.jpg
    a4_avant.jpg
    rfm_fit.jpg
    P1010019_-_Copy.JPG
    audi_sport_quattro_snow.jpg
    bmw_isetta.jpg
    image.jpg
    biggest_truck.jpg
    image.jpg
    Fit.jpg
    800px-Renault5-Le_Car.jpg
    RAV4.jpg
    TRANC2.jpg
    TRANC.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 11 years ago

I've been looking into a Ford Escape Hybrid or Toyota Highlander Hybrid myself. Definitely eyeing something that is more conducive to the hobby, but don't know whether I'm yet ready to rock a mini-van as a daily driver.

#88 11 years ago

Anyone ever tried to fit a pin in an Infiniti EX-35? I love the design/styling and the fact that it handles better than the bigger SUVs, but not sure whether it would fit one or not.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have an older Highlander , i think a 2006. The back will hold one pin easily. I use sliders to move it over the bump where the rear seat reclines. Gas mileage is decent.

They make Highlander's in hybrid form now that either get right at 30MPG or over. I think its one of the sharper looking non-luxury class SUVs too. It's been on my short list for whenever I'm thinking about a new car. Right now, I have nothing that hauls pins easily, just a sedan and a sports car.

Kind of thought about buying an old cargo van though. Anyone ever done that just for pin hauling? On CL and places, you can find an old plumbers van with around 100k miles on them for $1-2k. Those engines are made for high mileage and if you just drove to pick up pins and thrift hauls, etc. it might not be a bad option.

3 weeks later
    #115 11 years ago

Anyone ever hauled a 90s DMD pin in a Subaru Outback? I've been looking at a few of those and they get great reviews. Kind of a nice mix between space and car-like handling.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_director.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-car-for-a-pinsider?tu=the_director and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.