(Topic ID: 32331)

Best car for a pinsider

By genjackson

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03501-1.jpg
    2012-10-02_15.51.18_resize.jpg
    FitS.jpg
    a4_avant.jpg
    rfm_fit.jpg
    P1010019_-_Copy.JPG
    audi_sport_quattro_snow.jpg
    bmw_isetta.jpg
    image.jpg
    biggest_truck.jpg
    image.jpg
    Fit.jpg
    800px-Renault5-Le_Car.jpg
    RAV4.jpg
    TRANC2.jpg
    TRANC.jpg
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago

I still vote for the VW Jetta sport wagon. You will get 40 mpg with it.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I still vote for the VW Jetta sport wagon. You will get 40 mpg with it.

The last Jetta I worked on was about 90% plastic under the hood. Exaggerating of course, but I was not impressed by what was under the hood and how hard it was to get to everything. Also, the parts were ungodly expensive.

#103 11 years ago

But they do not need many parts. It seems like a lot because they put that big cover over everything to make it look nice. Pop the top cover off and the cover underneath and they are as easyas anything else is to work on.

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

My wife has a fit. I have a 2006 xB and it's a great pin-mover. I'm 6' 6" and fit comfortably with a pin in the back. I can also have a passenger and someone in the shorter of the split backseat seats (never tried that trick with a wide body). I'm guessing that for a pin to fit in a fit you have to have the driver seat way forward. For me to fit in the fit at all, I need the driver seat to essentially be in the back seat. The height of the xB and the chair style seats are awesome.
    30mpg city and highway. Find an old xB. They rule.

Another vote for 1st gen Scion XB. 2006 here and I've hauled many a WPC and a passenger.

#105 11 years ago

Scion XB

30+ MPG, fits NIB Pins. =]

2012-10-02_15.51.18_resize.jpg2012-10-02_15.51.18_resize.jpg

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Scion XB

Nice, those are pretty sweet. I'm still wondering if anybody knows if a Fiat 500 will fit a pin.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

Check out this thread from a few weeks ago: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/car-that-can-haul-pinball
    Honda FIT all the way for me!

I started that thread.

I just bought a Ford Taurus-X with a tow package added. Nice car 22 mpg+ can fit 5 adult passengers with some room for cargo, or 1 passenger and a pin. Now to find a light weight trailer.

The only problem is the car is a re-import. The owner's manual is in French!

Funny thing, my last pin was a re-import, takes 11 mm bolts for the legs and the attract mode is in French.

Too bad I dont speak French!

cg

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

Scion XB

its perfect as long as you ignore the this end up part

#109 11 years ago

You need a pickup for those day when someone calls and asks you to clean out a bunch of old pinball parts

There are a few heads in the front as well.DSC03501-1.jpgDSC03501-1.jpg

1 week later
    #110 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wickedbass:

You need a pickup for those day when someone calls and asks you to clean out a bunch of old pinball parts
    There are a few heads in the front as well.

I never get those calls

#111 11 years ago

What about a Chevy Sonic hatchback. I was doing a job for a car dealership the other day and they suggested it. I loved the look of it, but I don't know anybody who's had one.

#112 11 years ago

I can fit 0 pins in my VW GTI. Maybe maybe 1 EM, but I don't want to cram it in there and scrape everything to hell.

#113 11 years ago

That would be a 1964 Lotus Super 7. Great looking fun car.

#114 11 years ago

One without a payment!!!

1 week later
    #115 11 years ago

Anyone ever hauled a 90s DMD pin in a Subaru Outback? I've been looking at a few of those and they get great reviews. Kind of a nice mix between space and car-like handling.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-car-for-a-pinsider/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.