(Topic ID: 32331)

Best car for a pinsider

By genjackson

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC03501-1.jpg
    2012-10-02_15.51.18_resize.jpg
    FitS.jpg
    a4_avant.jpg
    rfm_fit.jpg
    P1010019_-_Copy.JPG
    audi_sport_quattro_snow.jpg
    bmw_isetta.jpg
    image.jpg
    biggest_truck.jpg
    image.jpg
    Fit.jpg
    800px-Renault5-Le_Car.jpg
    RAV4.jpg
    TRANC2.jpg
    TRANC.jpg
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

I'm wondering what the smallest, most awesome car is that I can transport 1 game in. I really want something with good gas mileage, but will hold a cabinet with the head off. Any ideas?

#2 11 years ago

Smart car with a trailer made for it.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Best car is not a car, it's a mini van. Can haul 4 pins, gets 25+ MPG. Can't beat it. The car is for fun the van is for pinball.

#4 11 years ago

I too am looking for a smaller SUV. tacoma is good but would like better mpg.

Whats our options?

#5 11 years ago

What about the Mini Cooper Countryman?

#6 11 years ago

I have a 2011 Subaru Forester. Love it. Hauled lots of games with ease, just one at a time though.

#7 11 years ago

I have a mazda5 which will fit 1 pin.

#8 11 years ago

I was pretty close to buying a first-gen Ford Focus wagon this year. Looks like plenty of space for a pin, popular cars, cheap parts, fairly reliable, fairly cheap, 4cyl gas mileage.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I too am looking for a smaller SUV. tacoma is good but would like better mpg.
    Whats our options?

I picked up a Mazda CX5 last moth, haven't put a pin in it yet but it measures out to fit one. getting 32mpg on a suburban commute to work with the automatic trans. Only negative is about an inch and a half lift to get from the floor level out the back hatch. The rear seats fold almost flat. I'm just going to run 2x6 rails in the back when I need to move a pin to eliminate the lifting and seat issue.

#10 11 years ago

Check out this thread from a few weeks ago: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/car-that-can-haul-pinball

Honda FIT all the way for me!

#11 11 years ago

Wow, you can get a pin in a Fit? Who knew?

#12 11 years ago

If im going for a onesie buy, I take a Honda Element - back seats out. Perfect fit with room for dolly (handtruck) and packing and protection.

#13 11 years ago

I think the Fit's in the lead right now. It looks cool too

#14 11 years ago

A Vibe is a great hauler too. Gets 36 mpg and fits a pin easy.

#15 11 years ago

what about 4Runners?

#16 11 years ago

Ferrari.
    Then sell it and buy a ton of pins.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Ferrari.
    Then sell it and buy a ton of pins.

at the current price point, it would buy 4 or 5 of them.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from genjackson:

I think the Fit's in the lead right now. It looks cool too

It helps that they drive pretty fun for an econocar, and being a Honda, it will run on spit and grass clippings for 20 years.

#19 11 years ago

Inexpensive and fuel efficient and fits one pin: 2000-2007 Focus wagon. Wish my beater daily 3 door Foci would fit one.

#20 11 years ago

If you are going to use it for family at all the VW sportwagon is awesome and will fit a pin. Mileage in the 40's at interstate speeds. Not the smallest but I think the best.

If you want to go big get a 3500 truck and long trailer. It will haul two small cars or one car and about 26 pins.

Trailer_2.JPGTrailer_2.JPG

#21 11 years ago

I've been looking into a Ford Escape Hybrid or Toyota Highlander Hybrid myself. Definitely eyeing something that is more conducive to the hobby, but don't know whether I'm yet ready to rock a mini-van as a daily driver.

#22 11 years ago

I should measure my prius...I MIGHT be able to get one in there wit the rear seats folded down....maybe. Probably not, but its worth looking into. The seats fold flat, and I've packed quite a bit of junk in there before. With the head off.......hmmmm.

#23 11 years ago

Pink fiero?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

what about 4Runners?

I've got an FJ Cruiser (I think it's the same chassis/engine as a 4-Runner – just different body).
    With the seats down it'll take a System 11 with nice amounts of room on the sides.
    But the height of our trucks requires some heavy lifting to slide pins in.

#25 11 years ago

Can't go wrong with a FJ Cruiser, 4 Runner, Highlander, Sienna or Sequoia for hauling pins...they will all fit at least 1 (Sienna at least 2). I personally have the Sequoia, but it's not the best on gas (about 15 mpg)..the rest have a V6 instead of V8 and are better on gas. Yes, I'm a big fan of pinballs and Toyotas.

#26 11 years ago

You could always load a pin into the Fit and then load the Fit into The Pin Projectile!

pinprojectile.jpgpinprojectile.jpg

#27 11 years ago

F150.....

#28 11 years ago

^ LOL it's a U-Haul that drove under the wrong bridge! (or a redneck pickup).

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

You could always load a pin into the Fit and then load the Fit into The Pin Projectile!

Interesting vehicle, why not leave the top on the box?

#30 11 years ago

because it was probably hanging off the side and dragging along the road.

#31 11 years ago

The Honda Fit is the mightiest of all the mini pin haulers. It definitely has the height requirements needed for most modern machines (when BB is folded) and has the best gas mileage for those CL cross country specials.
    My current 2003 Matrix XRS fits most machines with little to no problem at all. However, after coming back from the L.A. Auto show last Sunday, I was really smitten with this:

The 2014 Ford Transit Connect...

Can we say "chick magnet"?

TRANC.jpgTRANC.jpg TRANC2.jpgTRANC2.jpg

The footprint is really quite small, even though it looks huge. Gas mileage is estimated in the 30's and it is relatively cheap. (for the base model)

The newest Toyota Rav4 is also high up on my list. (They FINALLY went with a normal hatchback.)
    Most likely I'll be opting for the TC when it arrives. My friend has the newest Escape (which is also nice) and it seems like Ford is really trying hard to win the 20-40 crowd over*.
    *The 2014 Transit Connect isn't really included in that sentence BTW. Still, it looks better than an Aztek!

RAV4.jpgRAV4.jpg

#32 11 years ago

Suburban or Tahoe.

#33 11 years ago

Ford F150 with ecoboost is what I have

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

The newest Toyota Rav4 is also high up on my list.

Is it me or does it look like a small pill?

#35 11 years ago

Anal or oral???

#37 11 years ago

Will Le Pin fit in Le Car?

800px-Renault5-Le_Car.jpg800px-Renault5-Le_Car.jpg

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Will Le Pin fit in Le Car?

Le NO

#39 11 years ago

Prius or Mini Cooper just in case you decide to buy "The Pin" it should fit.

#40 11 years ago

2009 Honda Fit yes it will fit a WPC or system 11 with the head on and the back seats folded down.
    Get 37+ MPG and hull a pin with a Honda fit.

Fit.jpgFit.jpg FitS.jpgFitS.jpg

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from genjackson:

What about the Mini Cooper Countryman?

I have a Countryman and couldn't fit a WPC game inside, there appears to be enough space inside but the opening of the hatch is about 1" too small I'm almost considering another vehicle at some point because of this.

#42 11 years ago

Mercedes van, got 10 into one. and great mileage

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from screen:

I have a Countryman and couldn't fit a WPC game inside, there appears to be enough space inside but the opening of the hatch is about 1" too small I'm almost considering another vehicle at some point because of this.

I hear you. I measured my Dodge Caliber, thinking a pin would fit...by 1" it does not.
    If I take the latch off the car and scrape the top. it will fit....close so close....

I recommend buy what you like, get a hitch and a uhual rental enclosed for $20.
    better then car damage.

#44 11 years ago

I can say truthfully that a pin will NOT fit in my car. But I can always bribe a friend to move a pin for me for a short spirited ride ha ha!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 11 years ago

i will stick with my ss trailblazer, 1 pin at a time... 400 hp means i can get home really fast to play it

#46 11 years ago

Awesome GTR, cmproductions!!

#47 11 years ago

A PT Cruiser is a nice pin hauling....ummm thing...vehicle.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Awesome GTR, cmproductions!!

Thanks man!!!

#49 11 years ago

i think this is an easy answer - scion xb - even nib games fit - 30 - 35 mpg and it's a toyota that last a long long time - i am close to 400k miles now - engine replaced at 362k - also the honda element would be good. thanks ed

#50 11 years ago

Transport you entire collection from A to B in 1 go!

biggest_truck.jpgbiggest_truck.jpg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-car-for-a-pinsider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.