Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best Capcom?”

• Pinball Magic 37 votes
      37%
    • Airborne 5 votes
      5%
    • Big Bang Bar 37 votes
      37%
    • Kingpin 17 votes
      17%
    • Flipper Football 0 votes
    • Breakshot 3 votes
      3%

(99 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I think we all know the drill here. Best Capcom pin?

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I think we all know the drill here. Best Capcom pin?

I have owned PM and BShot and they were both good games. PM was just so pretty and a bit deeper. Never played the others. So my biased vote went to PM especially since it is quite accessible compared to KP and BBB. Airborne has too much metal for my taste with those ramps.

#3 11 years ago

PM by a landslide. It's even better than TOM by a lot.

#4 11 years ago

Sadly, I think it's BBB by a landslide. PM is too linear for most people, BS is single level and okay, but not what you would expect from a pin of that era, Flipper Football is just downright strange, and Airborne has way too much going on with it. BBB almost wins by default, plus it's an excellent, excellent game.

Kingpin has a lot of neat ideas, and it has potential to be better than BBB I think. I've played it a few times, but it felt a little too unpolished to be perfect.

Of course, for the price that BBB commands, it better be amazing.

#5 11 years ago

BBB is not something average people can own so I threw it out.

PM Rocks I love the skill shot so much
    My 2nd fav is breakshot

#6 11 years ago

I'm afraid I've only played Kingpin, BBB and Breakshot. Kingpin is definitely my favorite of the 3.

#7 11 years ago

Zingy Bingy.

LTG

#8 11 years ago

Never played a Capcom

#9 11 years ago

The toys on PM are over the top crazy. Capcoms are built like a tank, a very solid feel to them; even more so than WMS, IMO.

#10 11 years ago

Of these choices I have personally played Airborne, Pinball Magic, Fliper Football, and Breakshot. I think Capcom games were unique and fun to play.

Of those I listed, I like pinball Magic the best. I thought that was an awesome game with great toys and sounds. Airborne and Breakshot are in my basement right now. I like Airborne alot as well.

Breakshot is a great throwback to pinball from the 70's but with modern upgrades. Despite the DMD, most people think it is the oldest game in the basement, LOL

Chris

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spudgunman:

BBB is not something average people can own so I threw it out.
    PM Rocks I love the skill shot so much
    My 2nd fav is breakshot

I've played BBB, and the art, dancers and lighted ramp are awesome. But the game itself is just ok, to me. I've always said that if they'd made 4,000 BBB's then it'd be a $2500-3500 game today. It's very cool, and has one of the most gorgeous translites of the decade, but it's a bit overrated due to the allure and mystique it got from the years of being ultra-rare.

PM is very cool, and even being linear I love the ruleset, toys, sounds, etc. The only drawback is the simple and slightly plain playfield art. Otherwise, I view PM as a masterpiece for its time.

Breakshot is awesome, and a breath of fresh air in the days of multi-level play. Try Airbourne and then Breakshot back-to-back! LOL Quite a gear-shift. I enjoy both, but honestly enjoy Breakshot more. Simple and addicting.

Still haven't played a Kingpin! And Flipper Football is a novelty and not really in the league of the rest.

#12 11 years ago

I only played a few (BBB,PM and Airborne), But BBB left the best impression. Not nearly enough to warrant its price though. In that case PM is best bang for your buck from Capcom.

#13 11 years ago

BBB has a high price because it's super rare. If they made 3k of them, it wouldn't be so high ranked. It's ok player, but PM has better toys, better rules and better layout. More money doesn't mean it's more fun. PM I wouldn't mind owning if I had room for 30 games. BBB i'd own if I had room for 50 games.

#14 11 years ago

I currently own an Airborne and love it, but my vote went to BBB. The pin is just so fricken beautiful, and I'm a sucker for games with sci-fi themes. I really like all the Capcoms. Even Flipper Football is pretty fun as a multiplayer game. Kingpin is the only one I've never played.

#15 11 years ago

AB i have owned, (gweem owns it now)..and it is by far the most challengeng of them all..
    Brutally fast and tons to do..super tight difficult shots....and the artwork is amazing...

I have played Kingpin to death, and that is a wonderfull game.... i would own one if they are ever re-popped....love the shots and the overall playability of it... theme rules !

BBB is a bit flat for me..the one at CAX was filthy and played weak....just a worn out game...a fun game ....but for the money.....not so much...

BS is fun, simple and entertaining..but it must be part of a large collection to have any staying power....

PBM...a solid game, and for the money it think way better than TOM....an excellent effort by Capcom...

#16 11 years ago

I would have liked the poll to only have included the Capcom pins available to the mainstream pinball-collector market. In other words, let's see where it falls out if we omit BBB, KP and Zingy Bingy ( Lloyd)

With that being the case I'd have to think long and hard on whether I'd choose AB or PM as my fav. I bought them together, and enjoy them equally. Speed freaks who love IM and JM will adore AB, as I do. PM will teach you to be a better player, while it schools you ass. And the light show in attract mode is mesmerizing.

I find that guests like my BS a lot because (to the novice) the rules are more approachable. It has a plethora of drop targets and the main toy in the center is really cool. The other cool thing about BS is that you will find them in a non-collector's gameroom because of the theme. Folks that have the space for a pool table, poker table, wet-bar, juke-box and a pinball machine gravitate to BS because of its classic layout and theme.

In terms of their bang-for-the-buck ratio, all the Capcom pins (except BBB and KP of course) are still a good value. The quality of their mechs, and the finish on their playfields is superior to any Stern game manufactured today. This is something for collectors to take note of, as we watch many of the Bly/Wms DMD-era games rise in price to the point where they're almost becoming unattainable.

One final note. Last year I brought both my PM and AB to Expo for others to play. I got a lot of good feedback from folks at the show, especially on AB. Unfortunately, a micro-switch on the elevator assy went bad on PM so it wasn't working well for the last two days. It's fixed now and I may just bring it back again this year. Still on a fence about that. Hmmm, maybe I better go 'test' it some more... I think the honey-do's can wait

#17 11 years ago

Haven't played most of these titles so I didn't even vote but I really enjoyed playing your PM at expo last year Mrbillishere. I would definitely add one to my collection if the opportunity presented itself.

#18 11 years ago

My vote goes to BBB, but Kingpin looks like a lot of fun, and it's by my favorite designer, so I really hope to play it someday.

#19 11 years ago

0 votes for Flipper Football LOL

#20 11 years ago

flipper football is a lot of fun with 2 people.

#21 11 years ago

should be (?) BBB, but...
    played some games on it, but not enough to judge it

breakshot is good but too "light"

got an airborne, was nice

and now a PM, and must say we have great fun on this last one
    lets vote PM than

#22 11 years ago

I've played all these except flipper football and kingpin. I like all the capcom games! What a great batting average they had. I think Breakshot is a ton of fun for a one level game. Love PM too. I voted for BBB but that may be mostly on looks and the gadgets. All fun.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Flipper Football is a lot of fun with 2 people.

Agreed. I played it at Expo a few years ago against a friend and it was a blast. Sadly, I think the rising price on this game isn't worth it. I would rather have a Breakshot.

#24 11 years ago

Isn't BBB incomplete code wise? I have never played it, but I heard the code needed updates, and it was never done.

I've never played a capcom, almost bought a PM once though.

#25 11 years ago

Kingpin is my favorite cap ok pin. I like FF but it does get old with one person. Haven't played PM

#26 11 years ago

I am gonna say ssf4 with close second to sf3 3rd strike

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-capcom-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.