Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cpiel
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150223_190111.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Has anyone done an evaluation of what bulbs/LEDs to use with BGresto glasses that provide the closest look to the original 47s in a woodrail / wedgehead glass? (I read the other thread which was helpful but figured there must be more folks here who have looked at this).

Thanks for any inputs.

#2 9 years ago

Frosted bulbs from Nifty

I've got them in a Genie and Asteroid Annie(BG Resto glasses)

http://niftyled.com/Frosted-c175/

#3 9 years ago

Comet has a retro bulb, a little dim but nice.

#4 9 years ago

Not a woodrail or wedgehead - but here is my BGResto Viking with Comet 1SMD frosted bulbs behind the glass.

20150223_190111.jpg20150223_190111.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Those frosted SMDs look pretty good. I bought some clear ones -- probably to try in playfield GI, but I may have to get some of those. I used a lot of different bulbs in my Xenon backglass, which I will be posting soon...everything from retro clear, to faceted SMD to frosted sunlight....yes sunlight. Sounds like it would be too bright, but depending where it's used it works nicely.

#6 9 years ago

Currently I use #47's in my bgresto Gulfstream Backglass and it looks fine, not great, but maybe the new owner of the machine will experiment with some other bulbs down the road.

Ken

#7 9 years ago

I have x3 bgresto backglasses Abra Ca Dabra, El Dorado & Pro Football use 47s & no prob but I may check out the frosted bulbs.

#8 9 years ago

i use frosted warm white LED bulbs which gives approximately the same look as #44 style bulbs, but a bit brighter (which is needed on the BGresto glasses.)

#9 9 years ago

Not to nitpick, but has anyone compared frosted warm whites from Nifty vs Cointaker vs ? (I'm sure their all fine - just curious). Thanks for all the replies - I'm looking forward to trying this out once my glass arrives.

#10 9 years ago

I've been using pinballlife.com frosted flat top, warm white, LEDs with good success. and man they are priced half of those coin taker ones, so that is appealing to people like me with a zillion machines.

#11 9 years ago

Interesting . . . I would have thought the warm white bulb style would have a closer dispersion pattern to an original 44/47 than a flat top would, but hey I'll try them out as well.

Thanks everyone for the inputs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-bulbsleds-for-bgresto-glasses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.