Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Crile1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180507_202302018 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scorch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

My first game was LAH.... absolutely love it, and will never get rid of it. 7 ball multiball, 3 magnets under the playfield, shaker, crane, smart bomb, the ripper, good call outs - UGLY art package. These days, it's hard to find one under $2k, but great bang for your buck.

I then got an x-files cheap, and traded it after a few months for Getaway. That one had too few shots to keep me interested so I traded it for an HUO T3 which I like better than the other 2. My latest pin is a SST which I got for $2k. also a fun game with lots of shots, but I haven't had it long enough to say how it compares to the other ones I have.

My advice is rather than focus on a single machine, keep your eye out for ones that come on the market and are reasonably priced. If you see one that intrigues you, check the reviews here, and if it's a good price jump on it. After you have it for a few months, you'll know what you like and don't like.

But if you truly want the best bang for your buck, you're probably going to be looking at Data East or Saga... they don't get a lot of love so prices stay down, but are often fun games that can pack alot of features in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scorch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-bang-for-your-buck-dmd-machine?tu=Scorch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.