Game already has

-- Eli Light ramp mod
-- Full Cliffy protectors
-- LED Flipper buttons
-- Clear disc rubbers
-- Coin Taker LEDs
-- Coin Taker Mirror game blades with pingraphic decals installed
-- Coin Taker Pop Bumpers

I dont want to spend a fortune maybe 300 bucks. Invisiglass and color dmd are not options. What do you recommend?

#2 8 years ago

If you can still get them. The hallmark light cycles are really nice and I'm sure most people will probably tell you to get the arcade mod as well. Based off what you have I'd just recommend enjoying it as is.

When it comes time to shopping the game out Tron really looks awesome with transparent rubbers (titan if you like it bouncy or PBL if you prefer it to play more like black rubbers).

You've got the must have mods in my book.

#3 8 years ago

Oh, and Labnip or centerflank can correct me on this but I think their is some sort of membership fee for Tron owners that you could use some of the money for unless they give you an exception

#4 8 years ago

game looks naked to me w/o the pinbits fluorescent plastic protectors. Flynns sign is cool, speaker lights and inserts are neat, lit shooter rod.. etc.

my tron only feeds on cash. your 300 is only a snack to it... it just keeps eating and I've had it three years

#5 8 years ago

PinGulp

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

my tron only feeds on cash. your 300 is only a snack to it... it just keeps eating and I've had it three years

haha awesome. yeah I tallied up the current mods and wow. over 1100 bucks that arcade mode alone is 250 big ones so that wont be happening

#7 8 years ago

makes everything look and sound way cooler....

#8 8 years ago

Bar none, biggest bang for the buck Tron mod is the remix soundtrack rom. Adds more to the game then any other mod by far and it's free thanks to the very hard work of a fellow Pinball freak.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Bar none, biggest bang for the buck Tron mod is the remix soundtrack rom. Adds more to the game then any other mod by far and it's free thanks to the very hard work of a fellow Pinball freak.

sounds pretty cool. how does one go about experiencing this?

#11 8 years ago

wow thats a substantial effort that dude made holy cow. i have never upgraded software on a pin so I have some learning to do. I might wait on this as tron is completely new to me and this will liven it up after the initial novelty wears off plus it sounds really awesome so I want to be able to hear how different it is

#12 8 years ago

The previous recommendations of upgraded software , Hallmark cycles, and clear rubbers are good ones. For the this game an external sub ($100-$130) goes a long way.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The previous recommendations of upgraded software , Hallmark cycles, and clear rubbers are good ones. For the this game an external sub ($100-$130) goes a long way.

Yup forgot to mention. I have 7 of those so theres one waiting for it. Couldnt agree more btw. That reminds me. Is the shaker motor effective on this game?

#14 8 years ago

For ~$300, I'd consider the arcade mod. That reminds me, gotta figure out what's wrong with mine. LCD went dead. Probably just a loose wire.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

For ~$300, I'd consider the arcade mod. That reminds me, gotta figure out what's wrong with mine. LCD went dead. Probably just a loose wire.

that thing is pretty sweet but I'm having a tough time with spending 250 for 6 square inches of visual enhancement

#16 8 years ago

i came in this thread just to say pingulp.

damnit

#17 8 years ago

I normally hate mods but the working arcade machine was too cool to pass up. It's the only mod I have.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I normally hate mods but the working arcade machine was too cool to pass up. It's the only mod I have.

I agree. Not sure what the LE has, but the stock Pro arcade is a joke compared to the modded one.

#19 8 years ago

The LE one is the same. It's really sad.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. Not sure what the LE has, but the stock Pro arcade is a joke compared to the modded one.

maybe I will get one for my big game chuck.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

maybe I will get one for my big game chuck.

Don't do it. That game is amazing stock. Except for LEDs and aftermarket displays of course. Haha.

#22 8 years ago

I'm happy with Ramp Lights (Eli), LEDs, Pinbits protectors, a shaker, and a sub. I go back and forth between the 3d translight and the chicks.

I like the shaker on Tron. It is the Stern one, so it isn't crazy, and I have it set so it really is there in mode completion and a few other spots. Not intrusive, it mostly says "Hey, nice shot to finish that" or "Welcome to SOS".

#23 8 years ago

This is the order I would do the mods:

1. LEDs
2. LED OCD
3. Plastic protectors & Cliffy
4. Eli's Ramp Lights
5. Sub woofer
6. Flynn Sign
7. Light Cycles
8. ColorDMD
9. Tron Arcade game

There are plenty more mods, all with lesser impact.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

that thing is pretty sweet but I'm having a tough time with spending 250 for 6 square inches of visual enhancement

I hear ya. If you don't have a shaker or a sub, I'd say both would be money well spent. Otherwise maybe just keep the money.

#25 8 years ago

where does one get these eli's ramp lights? geeting ready to buy tron

#26 8 years ago

what cointaker pop bumpers?

The pinbits plastic pops + UV LEDs are awesome looking and worth it
The pinbits plastics and add colored rubber on the game is a great addition
Add the OCD LED to smooth out your LEDs
Add Pinballlife's lit flipper buttons matched to the game

The arcade mod is big bucks, but so nice

3 weeks later
#27 7 years ago

Looking for a flynn's sign if anybody has one. Thanks

#28 7 years ago

If you're handy you can do the arcade mod yourself for substantially less, either just by cramming the screen into the Stern cabinet or laser cutting the parts for the more accurate cab: http://pinhacks.com/tron_materials.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-bang-for-the-buck-tron-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.