Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2331_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm not a high end collector.. I like the bargain stuff. That said.. I'm looking to shake things up, literally. What's the best bang for buck pin that includes a shaker motor? Thx!

#2 8 years ago

You can add a shaker to any pin pretty much

#3 8 years ago

Earthshaker is probably the cheapest. You can pick up a player for 1600

#4 8 years ago

TFTC is a cheap, pretty good game with a shaker.

#5 8 years ago

Tales from the crypt or road show.
Jurassic park lost world also

#6 8 years ago

I haven't been following current price trends, but as of a year or two ago my answer would be Jurassic Park.

#7 8 years ago

Gladiators has an awesome shaker, can be picked up for around a grand, and has pretty fun gameplay.

#8 8 years ago

gladiators is probably the cheapest game you could get with shaker

#9 8 years ago

WWF Is pretty decent also

#10 8 years ago

+1 for Gladiators being cheap. Problem though is that they're not terribly common, and the theme is polarizing.

I picked up my Earthshaker for $1,700. I thought that was a fair price. Playfield was perfect, but the cabinet art was blown out. You'll have a better chance finding one of these, and the theme is probably the best use of the shaker.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Earthshaker is probably the cheapest. You can pick up a player for 1600

whaaaaat Gladiators will be the cheapest and it is a DMD. should be priced just below the Earthshaker.

Also Checkpoint has a shaker motor, keystart and first dmd!

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Gladiators has an awesome shaker, can be picked up for around a grand, and has pretty fun gameplay.

Buyer beware, many gladiators have had the shaker pulled out. I've had 2 gladiators and only 1 had the shaker... Adding the shaker in after, is pretty much non existent. I've looked around and asked, no such way. You'd have to custom build a harness or wiring for it.

#13 8 years ago

Been putting off listing my JP because I need to get some switch issues fixed. When it is running smooth I will be listing it at $2k. Just throwin that out there.

#14 8 years ago

Under 2k - Earthshaker
Just over 2k - JP

#15 8 years ago

Baywatch is awesome with a shaker.

#17 8 years ago

As others have said, Gladiators is your easy choice.

I'm selling mine to a friend as her first game at 1k. Find me a DMD game with a shaker at a better value and I'll eat me hat.

#18 8 years ago

+1 to Last Action Hero.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Buyer beware, many gladiators have had the shaker pulled out. I've had 2 gladiators and only 1 had the shaker... Adding the shaker in after, is pretty much non existent. I've looked around and asked, no such way. You'd have to custom build a harness or wiring for it.

Yeah, Gladiators without a shaker just wouldn't be the same.

Quoted from JosiahCox:

I'm selling mine to a friend as her first game at 1k

That's a pretty good first pin--easy to understand, lots of features, and a SHAKER

#20 8 years ago

Oops, wrong button.

#21 8 years ago

Anyone ever add a shaker to NASCAR??

#22 8 years ago

Lots of DE games. TFTC, JP, Royal Rumble. TFTC is probably the best one.

#23 8 years ago

TFTC cheap?? really...? that pin just keeps going up. I remember it being a $1000-$1500 pin.. call that cheap if you will... but I see them consistently for $2500-$2800... I am not sure of OHMI's budget but that is starting to not be cheap anymore.

GREAT GAME THOUGH... I miss the 2 I use to have. Want it back, but yeah with the nearing $3K I may just catalogue TFTC as "great game I use to have"

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yeah, Gladiators without a shaker just wouldn't be the same.

Gladiators with a shaker, you won't be the same

The gladiators shaker is @#$@%@#% x4 the red tremor from cointaker.

#25 8 years ago

Roadshow is the best use of a shaker IMO.

Plus you get 2 human heads.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

TFTC cheap?? really...? that pin just keeps going up. I remember it being a $1000-$1500 pin.. call that cheap if you will... but I see them consistently for $2500-$2800... I am not sure of OHMI's budget but that is starting to not be cheap anymore.
GREAT GAME THOUGH... I miss the 2 I use to have. Want it back, but yeah with the nearing $3K I may just catalogue TFTC as "great game I use to have"

I think they can still be found around $2000. A guy I know sold his not that long ago for <$2000.

#27 8 years ago

Might be a stupid question, but what does a shaker accomplish or do? I've never played a game with one, so I'm in the dark here as to why I might want to entertain the idea of one.

#28 8 years ago

I have good news for you if you want to pick up a Gladiators in the St. Louis area.My friend is getting ready to sell his,he has had it for about 2 years and he bought it from me.It plays great!

IMAG2331_(resized).jpgIMAG2331_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 64.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-bang-for-buck-with-shaker-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.