8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by FlipperMagician
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IJ_ball_1.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Last night a couple of friends and I stopped by a local pizza joint for dinner and pinball. They have a TOM on location there so we fired it up in 3 player mode.

During one of the games, my friend Blue Shirt had a little over a billion points after his 3rd ball drained. This brought me up to the plate over a billion points behind at a paltry 29ish million. I proceeded to rock that ball for 600 million AND got two extra balls in the process. By the time I was done I had rolled over 1.1 billion points setting the high score on the machine and reducing Blue Shirt to a shell of his former self. Certain victory ripped from his grasp.

This got me thinking... Surely others have had similar (or better) experiences with the silver ball.

So what's your best ball story?

#2 8 years ago

the come from behind 'big time' win - got to love it
    just hope you let out a yell after you won got to amp up the other 2 players

#3 8 years ago

There's no more attention getting sound on a pin than beating the high score. Its especially satisfying if it's stolen from your competitor.

#4 8 years ago

I got 3.5 billion on ball 1 on STTNG(great for me) only to have 2 consecutive right outlane drains.

#5 8 years ago

I never have games, let alone a ball like that. I have been practicing though.

#6 8 years ago

I'm after completing modes than scoring points

#7 8 years ago

At Lyon's Pinball in Colorado after 1 ball. The fact that I own an IJ might have contributed to the score. I ended up giving the 2 credits to a wandering kid.

IJ_ball_1.jpg

#8 8 years ago

What a score!

#9 8 years ago

Can't remember the score, but I got Grand Champion on TOTAN at the Uk Pinball Party on my first game. (3 Multiballs, Wizard Mode and loads of Harem multiballs). I looked again and I was only 10 million off the leaderboard on my first ball.

Kept coming back to it but couldn't do it all again.

Great IJ score, jayhawkai!

#10 8 years ago

A great come back during play often requires a few key phrases
    just to let the others know how bad they sux like?
    - 'A new sheriff in town boys read em and weep' with some type of accent.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

the come from behind 'big time' win - got to love it
    just hope you let out a yell after you won got to amp up the other 2 players

Ha! Yeah, I let him know he got owned. I may have ran around a bit too.

It was funny, because when I started on that last ball the other guys were talking and not paying much attention to what I was doing. After about 5 minutes they quieted down and started watching intently. By the time I got the extra balls Blue Shirt was beside himself and could see the writing on the wall. It was pretty epic. It was like a Buffalo Bills vs. Houston Oilers type comeback.

#12 8 years ago

I remember the first and only time I've played a TOM I earned at least two extra balls and a replay credit. I can't see owning this game. way too easy to rock the thing.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

During one of the games, my friend Blue Shirt had a little over a billion points after his 3rd ball drained. This brought me up to the plate over a billion points behind at a paltry 29ish million. I proceeded to rock that ball for 600 million AND got two extra balls in the process. By the time I was done I had rolled over 1.1 billion points setting the high score on the machine and reducing Blue Shirt to a shell of his former self. Certain victory ripped from his grasp.

This got me thinking... Surely others have had similar (or better) experiences with the silver ball.

Mine is actually VERY similar. My lady hit her first billion game on TOM, and I upstaged her with a 2.8 Billion game, but 1.9 bill was on my third ball (with extras).

She returned the favor a few nights later with AFM eating me alive. Finally I hit a measly replay at 2.4 Billion(after about 10 awful games), and by the end of her first ball she had 4.6 billion. Finished with only 5.3 though. Still her best game ever by far. She still reminds me of it too.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

Mine is actually VERY similar. My lady hit her first billion game on TOM, and I upstaged her with a 2.8 Billion game, but 1.9 bill was on my third ball (with extras).

She returned the favor a few nights later with AFM eating me alive. Finally I hit a measly replay at 2.4 Billion(after about 10 awful games), and by the end of her first ball she had 4.6 billion. Finished with only 5.3 though. Still her best game ever by far. She still reminds me of it too.

That's pretty awesome! Sounds like she is a well matched pinball adversary for you. You can keep pushing each other to get better.

Funny that your TOM story is quite similar. It was Blue Shirt's first time cracking the billion mark too and then I blew past him. I was a bit short of your 2.8 billion though.

#15 8 years ago

Yeah, at first she couldn't understand my pinball obsession, but I just kept giving her quarters and feeding her beers, and now she is the one that tells me that we need to got out and play pinball. TOM just happens to be her favorite game so we get to play it all the time.

Its funny though watching her go straight wizard status sometimes, and watching the stunned looks of other pin players as she hits three consecutive replays on the local LOTR. It has really been a great bonding experience for the two of us, and as we both improve, a cheap date becomes even cheaper!

#16 8 years ago

Was playing a couple of friends on my Radical and only had like 80k by the third ball, many points and 2-3 extra balls later I ended up setting the high score above 22 milliion. Some people don't like the 3-10 random mega million, but I think it keeps me wanting more...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside