4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Peer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

What's your favorite, most rewarding backhand shot? I'm an early solid state fan, so I'll lead with what I know best. In Paragon, a left flipper backhand shot to the inline drop targets in the Valley of Demons is such a rush! Best practice should probably be to catch and pass to the right flipper for the shot, but I find myself going for the backhand whenever the opportunity presents itself, often to my own detriment. I'd like to hear about more shots like this. What other tables have a difficult backhand shot that always puts a grin on your face when you nail it?

#2 4 years ago

I like backhanding the right orbit shot on ACDC. It's not easy to do.

Rob

#3 4 years ago

On BSD the right flipper backhand into the coffin to load it up for coffin multiball! So much easier than using the left flipper. Almost feels like cheating haha. It's pretty easy so doesn't qualify as a difficult shot but still a fun backhand!

#4 4 years ago

Fish Tales: Extra ball target

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

On BSD the right flipper backhand into the coffin to load it up for coffin multiball! So much easier than using the left flipper. Almost feels like cheating haha.

This!

#6 4 years ago

I kind of enjoy backhanding the woz ramp with the right flipper.....

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

What's your favorite, most rewarding backhand shot? I'm an early solid state fan, so I'll lead with what I know best. In Paragon, a left flipper backhand shot to the inline drop targets in the Valley of Demons is such a rush! Best practice should probably be to catch and pass to the right flipper for the shot, but I find myself going for the backhand whenever the opportunity presents itself, often to my own detriment. I'd like to hear about more shots like this. What other tables have a difficult backhand shot that always puts a grin on your face when you nail it?

Heh, I was going to say the Paragon backhand but you beat me to it. A similarly fun backhand is the inline drops on Flash Gordon. Like Paragon, you have to hop the ball like a post transfer to get it moving far enough to make that backhand.

Backhanding Final Draw on World Cup Soccer is a nice one. More recently, backhanding the spinner and Ock shots on Spider-Man is pretty fun.

#8 4 years ago

My two favourites are interestingly the same as post 1 and 2

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

In Paragon, a left flipper backhand shot to the inline drop targets in the Valley of Demons is such a rush!

This is a great shot, but my favorite backhand shots are on Flash Gordon.

Right flipper- Backhand the inline drops directly above. Almost never works for me.

Right flipper again- Backhand up the ramp to hit the single drop target; catch on right flipper, and backhand again through the shooter lane for bonus collect.

#10 4 years ago

^ Bowen beat me to it!

#11 4 years ago

Since you bring up old solid state...Left backhand on solar fire up the small "solar" wire form ramp to target...a must have shot on this game to advance solar multiplier and get extra ball!!!

#12 4 years ago

Right ramp on LOTR.

#13 4 years ago

LOTR Sword Lock from right flipper

#14 4 years ago

Ha. Great minds think at the same time

#15 4 years ago

Beat you to it by 18 seconds!

#16 4 years ago

I was thinking FT as well, but it's the backhand to Caster's Club that I think is the most satisfying. Such a rewarding shot, especially when it starts multi ball.

#17 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of backhanding both the LH ramp and LH orbit on Johnny Mnemonic.

Later,
EV

#18 4 years ago

Sometimes I can get the right ball lock on Firepower with the right flipper. It's tough on my machine; not sure if it is easier on others or impossible on others... that's the thing with the older games, each is unique somehow. Keeps it fun!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#19 4 years ago

W?D. Left flipper to "Get the Phone"

#20 4 years ago

I really enjoy the "Stugot" backhand from the right flipper on Sopranos. Just feels right.

#21 4 years ago

Getaway. Backhanding the Supercharger during multiball to light super jackpot is always satisfying, especially when you get all three going in there.

#22 4 years ago

Backhanding the mode lock in IJ - easier for me than from the right flipper.
On rare occasions I have backhanded the path of adventure ramp which is super satisfying.

#23 4 years ago

Doc Ock!!!

And if you want to add a bit of fun to ST, then mission start and away team are both great backhands as you have to move the ball up the flipper a bit to do it.

And if you really want to take your life into your hands, backhand the scoop on tron. I love Bowen's commentary on the video of Roy Wils doing it. "Noo, he's trying to backhand the scoop. Don't do it, don't do it!" classic.

#24 4 years ago

Sorcerer , left flipper backhand bounce it off the standup targets and up the ramp .

#25 4 years ago

Fish Tales. Has shots off both flippers

#26 4 years ago

Paragon inline drops. Black Pyramid inline drops and the Final Draw scoop on WCS.

#27 4 years ago

Creature on mb. Requires a light touch, but an awesome shot.

#28 4 years ago

Every single shot in eight ball deluxe is backhandable in a controlled manner, such a great game.

#29 4 years ago

I like backhanding WH20 Extra ball target, when lit of course!

#30 4 years ago

RBION, right flipper into the vary target, feels real nice.

#31 4 years ago

Very difficult, but extremely satisfying to backhand the Crystal Ball on WOZ on the left side, and either the collect HOADC or Throne Room on the right. Don't really count the main ramp shot as backhanding as that is actually easier than from the left flipper.

#32 4 years ago

TZ right flipper to slot machine.

#33 4 years ago

I ll second that.I have a hard time with this one

#34 4 years ago

Star Trek - Left flipper to Mission Start

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Very difficult, but extremely satisfying to backhand the Crystal Ball on WOZ on the left side, and either the collect HOADC or Throne Room on the right. Don't really count the main ramp shot as backhanding as that is actually easier than from the left flipper.

Even more satisfying (but even more difficult) is the one-timer backhand into the crystal ball from a throne room kick out. That's AWESOME!!!

#36 4 years ago

Mode start saucer in The Shadow

#37 4 years ago

I've always thought this was one of the most difficult shots in pinball. The game appears to have been designed such that this is the only way to make that shot. I love it!!

#38 4 years ago

The "Carry Passengers" target on TAXI from the left flipper.

#39 4 years ago

Maybe not the most useful in the world, but backhanding the left ramp on Tron, and the right ramp on Metallica.....super satisfying when it works, super "they tried and failed" "No, they tried and died" when it doesn't.

#40 4 years ago

Backhanding the left ramp on Star Trek and shooting it over and over
Backhanding Doc Ock in Spider Man

#41 4 years ago

Tube shot in Xenon. Usually when you backhand the ramp, it teases you by going up and around the bend, but then stops and comes back down. Very satisfying when it actually goes through the tube.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've always thought this was one of the most difficult shots in pinball. The game appears to have been designed such that this is the only way to make that shot. I love it!!

You can hit the EB with a direct left flipper shot, but it is such a narrow window that the backhanded right flipper shot is much safer. I do love the left backhand to the left orbit, that's always rewarding to make.

The boat also seems safer on average if you shoot the left side with the left flipper and the right side with the right flipper. Seems FT was made with backhanding in mind

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Creature on mb. Requires a light touch, but an awesome shot.

I forgot about that one! That one's cool because you've got to get JUST the right amount of momentum going in order for it to work. I usually have to flutter the flipper a couple of times before committing. That sounds dirty...

#44 4 years ago

The backhand I use the most is the lock shot on AFM.

Similar to Paragon, try a roll out backhand to the spinner on Old Coney Island.

The best one that I've only pulled off like maybe twice is on Tron. Left flipper, roll out backhand, off the Tron targets, through the Gem shot! Now there is one to practice!

#45 4 years ago

IJ mode start has gotten me 6 Enternal Life multiballs, But now the trunk shot on TOM is very satisfying as well.

#46 4 years ago

Potc the chest for heart multiball and heart super jackpot

#47 4 years ago

Left backhand to the Metallica drop targets.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Getaway. Backhanding the Supercharger during multiball to light super jackpot

+1
The left flipper to the skull for multiball on T2, also.

#49 4 years ago

TAF: Right flipper to the Bookcase.

#50 4 years ago

blasting the left spinner with the lower left flipper in Big Game. If dialed in, you can get a $2,000 per spin spinner to get you 100k easy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mill Valley, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, WI
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wauseon, OH
$ 142.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside