3%
  • Congo 32 votes
    15%
  • No Good Gophers 16 votes
    7%
  • No Fear 5 votes
    2%

(217 votes)

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

the thread is specifically about WPC DMD games

Ah, sorry. I didn't realize it was that narrowmind... er, I mean specific.

#52 4 years ago

Tie between Congo and WW. Both are beautiful and blast to play...Well I think my vote would go to WW now over Congo.

#53 4 years ago

So what makes a game A, B, or C? I always thought price. Whether you like a game or think it's overrated not makes no difference. Congo may not be on the same level as other A games but it's getting priced out of B class imo. I consider B games to be around $3000-$4000 and Shadow is probably the best considering features and gameplay. You have cool lock mechanism, unique upper pf, three flippers, ramp diverters, several mb's, fun video mode, and true wizard mode. List should still have other good games like BSD, Dr Who, Judge Dredd, Fintstones, Roadshow, Indy500, Corvette, and maybe even STTNG.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Obviously everyone has their opinion of what is an A title, B title, etc. Was thinking in the $5k range or below.

I already voted for Congo, but with a 5k ceiling...i would opt to try to get 2 games instead of one. No good gofers and fish tales would be my "2 for 5k"

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Tie between Congo and WW. Both are beautiful and blast to play...Well I think my vote would go to WW now over Congo.

No contest... Water World is Terrible!

#56 4 years ago

Out of my selection of "b" games... it goes to Dredd!

...or Flintstones Lol

#57 4 years ago

NGG B-list????

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Out of my selection of "b" games... it goes to Dredd!
...or Flintstones Lol

Dredd is an A list game that is still going for B list prices...although it has been rising.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I already voted for Congo, but with a 5k ceiling...i would opt to try to get 2 games instead of one. No good gofers and fish tales would be my "2 for 5k"

Man I hate to bust out the “I’ll take em all!” cliche but are you really seeing NGG and FT for 2500? I’d love to have an NGG but they seem to be pushing close to 4K...haven’t seen an FT close to 2500 in a long time. Coincidentally if anyone in a reasonable distance of Cleveland has a NGG around 3k or under please PM me immediately...

#60 4 years ago

Yes. NGG software wise is a mess, And still found under 4 often

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Man I hate to bust out the “I’ll take em all!” cliche but are you really seeing NGG and FT for 2500? I’d love to have an NGG but they seem to be pushing close to 4K...haven’t seen an FT close to 2500 in a long time. Coincidentally if anyone in a reasonable distance of Cleveland has a NGG around 3k or under please PM me immediately...

You would certainly have to look, but there was a NGG for 2400 just a few days ago, and I have seen 2 fish tales for around 2500 in the last month. These needed some help, however..

#62 4 years ago

I can't believe that (insert your least favorite WPC game) is even listed as a possibility. And I also cannot believe that (insert your favorite WPC game) isn't winning. THIS IS CRAZY!!!! How can (insert least favorite Pinsider who commented in this thread) actually pretend to like (insert your least favorite game on the list). It is garbage! It is only rated (insert rating of least favorite game)!!! That shouldn't even be on the same list as (insert your favorite game on the list)!

So now that we all agree on the format, Getaway. You're welcome.

#63 4 years ago

With my "ten years ago" mindset of prices on these machines, I would say there are no "B" titles anymore. Only A, A+, A++, etc.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:No good gofers and fish tales would be my "2 for 5k"

--You mean "2 for 6K", right?

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What’s that got to do with anything, lol. Stern one is a top 5 title and the DE is one of their best releases in my opinion, although not as good as Bally/wms machines..

A lot. You are the one that shit on No Fear. One of Steve Ritchie's best while at Williams in the 90s.

They are both Data East in my book. The only difference was the first one was actually worth a few plays. The new one is a total snoozefest. I'd rather play No Fear than either of those.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Shadow is A list.

What makes it A list? I'm genuinely curious

My picks: JM, TS, Congo

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

From the poll Congo for me love that game good sounds cool toys that are very unique the rest are all very fun games as well.

Congo is fun, but too easy. Where is Dracula?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Is there a documented consensus on which games are A, B, C, ...
Personally I'd do them in this order... and any B+ game would be an easy "answer" to your question.
Order is based upon list of all WPC-DMD games and comparison to Pinside Top 100 and IPDB ratings and my own impression for those that didn't fit nicely... and yes I realize the Pinside Top 100 should be taken with a huge grain of salt):
A-List: (All are top 30 games except for CC)
========================================
Medieval Madness
Attack from Mars
Monster Bash
Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
The Addams Family
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Theatre of Magic
Scared Stiff
Cirqus Voltaire
White Water
Cactus Canyon
B+ List: (All are top 31-50 games except for DW)
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Doctor Who
The Shadow
Congo
No Good Gofers
Fish Tales
B List: (All are top 51-100 games)
The Getaway: High Speed II
Judge Dredd
Indianapolis 500
World Cup Soccer
Road Show
Champion Pub
Safe Cracker
Johnny Mnemonic
Dirty Harry
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
B- List: (All are not on the top 100)
Demolition Man
Junk Yard
NBA Fastbreak
No Fear: Dangerous Sports
WHO dunnit
Black Rose
Corvette
Hurricane
Jack·Bot
The Party Zone
C List: (debatable but generally panned WPC-DMD games)
Gilligan's Island
Popeye Saves the Earth
The Flintstones

I thought Champ Pub was A list. Has been a $5k pin for a looooonnng time.

WH2O somehow made a deal and switched teams from B to A a few years back.

There's a B- list?

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What makes it A list? I'm genuinely curious

It's written on stone tablets somewhere.

#70 4 years ago

My list would probably be topped with Fish Tales, Congo, The Shadow,and Bram Stoker's Dracula in that order. If we're considering "bang-for-your-buck" then you can probably flip The Shadow and Congo. I am not including White Water as a B-list game, based mostly on price. Once you're over $5k for a players condition game, it better be on your own personal A-List.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Congo is fun, but too easy.

What percentage of games were you getting Super Multiball (100-diamonds)? Congo is deeper then BSD and game times are longer, but I almost think they need to be since it's a much deeper game. I've owned and liked them both, but I just wouldn't call Congo "too easy".

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I've owned and liked them both, but I just wouldn't call Congo "too easy".

I gotta agree with him on that one actually, it's pretty damn easy.

#72 4 years ago

The always forgotten "Indianapolis 500" is surely one of them. Fast game with tons of modes, great sound, awesome turbo lock. One of my favorite games!

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I gotta agree with him on that one actually, it's pretty damn easy.

I must either suck at Congo or had mine setup more difficultly. I would get 30-million on Dracula more often then Super Multiball on Congo. Both seemed to be the mini-wizard mode on the respective games.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I must either suck at Congo or had mine setup more difficultly. I would get 30-million on Dracula more often then Super Multiball on Congo. Both seemed to be the mini-wizard mode on the respective games.

I'm not saying every game, but we would routinely do it in league and tournaments with lanes wide and no EBs.
Grey all day

#75 4 years ago

Where’s JM?..

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm not saying every game, but we would routinely do it in league and tournaments with lanes wide and no EBs.
Grey all day

Fair enough. I generally wouldn't do the "gray all day" approach. I typically would shoot left ramp to in-lanes to spell Z.I.N.J. That would lite both scoops for mystery and MAP. Shoot those to collect and relight diamonds.

#77 4 years ago

I500 for the win!!!!!!

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes. NGG software wise is a mess, And still found under 4 often

You, sir, are getting a lump of coal in your stocking.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You, sir, are getting a lump of coal in your stocking.

Haha it's a well loved game, and it's fun, and the hole in one shot is all time great. But what it comes down to it it's a golf game that has no real advantage to make a low golf score.
Plus whilst I typed this 4 cart attacks broke out!

#80 4 years ago

I played NGG once and hit the hole in one like 5 times in a row and that was enough.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I played NGG once and hit the hole in one like 5 times in a row and that was enough.

Sure ya did, Jerry.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sure ya did, Jerry.

I went to go buy the thing and did it while testing it out. One time after another. I was in need of another machine, but later I was thankful he would not budge on the price.

Did I mention I have great pinball skills? Sure didn't take any or have to break a sweat to do that.

Might as well be shooting baskets on Shaq Attack where at least the thing is moving.

#83 4 years ago

White water or Congo hands down

#84 4 years ago

No Fear is a B list game due to nonexistent pop bumpers. Although-it is faster because of it. And because of the three magnets (when they are working).

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from BlownXstr:

No Fear is a B list game due to nonexistent pop bumpers. Although-it is faster because of it. And because of the three magnets (when they are working).

Yes, it gets going so fast that even someone with my advanced skills and reflexes, it sometimes gets away from me.

I like that in a pinball game.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Why aren’t Spirit, Fathom, Dragonfist and Quicksilver on this imaginary “A” list people speak about? (Post #29)

It's WPC, and also no mention of an A+ list! So, yeah.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-b-list-wpc-dmd-game/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.