Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Just picked up a CFTBL and was sitting there working on things, when the attract mode came on - has to be one of the best attract modes, any other favorites out there.

#2 12 years ago

Centaur! The reverb voice tells you the playfield feature and the lights light it up. It starts with

Challenge me...orb feature.... etc

#3 12 years ago

I like my NGG sounds

#4 12 years ago

I was gonna say that too... Doesn't it also shoot balls into the playfield and actually play itself?? (not sure of the flippers fire though!?).

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I was gonna say that too... Doesn't it also shoot balls into the playfield and actually play itself?? (not sure of the flippers fire though!?).

It shoots four balls onto the playfield with some sound effects, but the flippers won't operate. I turned it off after a while cuz it was a little annoying.

Taxi has a nice sounding attract mode

#6 12 years ago

The all time attract mode light show must be HS. It's hypnotic. I didn’t keep it due to the lack of depth, but I almost could have for the light show.

FH is pretty good as well.

T2 is the worst for not being able to turn of the goddamn sounds...

#7 12 years ago

Centaur is awesome. JM is pretty entertaining.

#8 12 years ago

AHH forgot about Centaur - yeh that is pretty cool idea, damn I need one of those, picked up a beat up Centaur playfield yesterday for ten bucks so Im partially there.

#9 12 years ago

Black Hole is pretty good with its hypnotizing backglass disc.

#10 12 years ago

Lol one of the best attract modes is Sacred Stiff as I am in it

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Yes it does, it circulates the balls every so often

#12 12 years ago

Whirlwind has a pretty good attract mode.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

The all time attract mode light show must be HS. It's hypnotic. I didn’t keep it due to the lack of depth, but I almost could have for the light show.

+1 to everything written above.

#14 12 years ago

BSD ,,, has the Lightning sound and several call out's from Dracula.. Now the Data East pin's like LAH and Tommy & LW3 ,, they have Good attract modes with advertisement's of other Data East pin's.. And F14 has a Good light show w/ it's Attract mode

F-14 .. ,,

Also Bone Busters is Funny ... (Please excuse my Drunken-ness)

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Now the Data East pin's like LAH and Tommy & LW3 ,, they have Good attract modes with advertisement's of other Data East pin's..

Yah, it's kinda weird hearing Tommy music outta my TFTC. I suppose it works though since I kinda want a Tommy now!

#17 12 years ago

LOTR has a cool Attract Mode, when it goes through the One Ring....and in the Darkness Bind Them....poem.

1 month later
    #18 12 years ago

We when LW3 starts the TFTC attract mode. It even uses the TFTC sounds. Son really likes it, wants to move the room around and put the two pins side by side.

#19 12 years ago

I like Cirqus Voltaire, with the lengthy presentation, fireworks and the nice page transistion effects.

Hate sound in attract mode. I feel sorry for the people working in places with games (pin + arcade) that stood untouched in the corner all day driving them nuts. Bothers me too when playing beside a game getting bored.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

Centaur! The reverb voice tells you the playfield feature and the lights light it up.

+1

I've been watching YouTube vids all night of gameplay on Centaur, and this feature defiantly stuck out.

#21 12 years ago

Absolutely love Cyclone.

"Hey, you with the face!"

Later,
    EV

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

LOTR has a cool Attract Mode, when it goes through the One Ring....and in the Darkness Bind Them....poem.

Yeah, I like this too. It flashes various playfield areas to correspond to the story. I often show this to newcomers to pinball who like LOTR.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

T2 is the worst for not being able to turn of the goddamn sounds...

it certainly is annoying. Only machine I can't leave on while watching TV.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-attract-modes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.