Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by burningman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I was just watching LOTR in attract mode last night, and thought how they did such a nice job with the light sequencing.

I like Black Knight as well. Very nice transitions. When I was looking at Diner, while it's okay, and there are patterns, overall it loos a lot more "random". Same with TOTAN (to me). there are patterns, but a lot going on at once.

What is your favorite light show in attract mode, and why?

Chris

#2 11 years ago

Tron LE, hands down in my book.

#3 11 years ago

F-14 with led's. the rotating beacons will attract people from a mile away

#4 11 years ago

I gotta go F-14 also. It's a visual delight on the PF... you've got rotating beacons... and the machine is charging: "Now you...Di-Di-Di-Di-Dieeeeeee!"

Classic.

#5 11 years ago

Make it 3 in a row. Nothing like F-14!

#6 11 years ago

F-14, and if the lights don't get you, the sound of a jet taking off will. Don't forget that "You can't win!" is one of the best taunts to get you to press the start button again.

#7 11 years ago

Bride of Pinbot

#8 11 years ago

I like JM, Elvis, Tron, Sm, MM, and STTNG
    Sometimes I make non-pinheads stand and watch the show after the game-they think I am crazy-which I am(;

#9 11 years ago

High Speed!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

F-14, and if the lights don't get you, the sound of a jet taking off will. Don't forget that "You can't win!" is one of the best taunts to get you to press the start button again.

ever had it do the full 20 minute attract? I was astonished when it did it. Lights going music, Yagov taunting you. Best ever.

#11 11 years ago

Woz

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

ever had it do the full 20 minute attract? I was astonished when it did it. Lights going music, Yagov taunting you. Best ever

Twenty minute attract! Are you sure there wasn't a ball waiting in the shooter lane

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

ever had it do the full 20 minute attract? I was astonished when it did it. Lights going music, Yagov taunting you. Best ever.

YES! best attract mode ever. great game too.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Twenty minute attract! Are you sure there wasn't a ball waiting in the shooter lane

I've actually timed it. went off for over 15 minutes.

#15 11 years ago

Centaur

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I've actually timed it. went off for over 15 minutes

That's awesome!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I've actually timed it. went off for over 15 minutes.

I remember reading somewhere where it was a code bug that caused that. Nothing like being in bed and forgetting to shut the pins off and have that start up...

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

doubt it, I had the playfield on the bench swapping the playfield. Was soak testing the boards in the cabinet. It had been on for about 8 hours.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Yup... my machine does it too... very random. But when that attract mode gets going, it is ENDLESS. Dome lights rotating... Yagov taunting. It's way cool.

#22 11 years ago

AFM has cool insert sweeps and patterns, use of the flashers, mothership, and the strobe.

TSPP has cool sweeps and patterns, quite a bit of work had to go into it.

I agree that BK's sweeps are pretty cool.

#23 11 years ago

I have not seen many but CFTBL is good.

#24 11 years ago

Space Station

#25 11 years ago

Attack from mars has runs the strobe light multiball as a random attract mode. So it will be doing its normal playfield lights flickering and everything does black with just the strobe light going off for a like 5 seconds.. I consider that one of the best attract modes

#26 11 years ago

I sent a video of my restored SM doing the theme song after a game to my mom, then let the video run another 15 seconds or so to show the other colors. She replied with "How do you get your lights to circle around like that?" Apparently she's had TAF since July and 4 other machines sitting in her room at various times, and never once let any of them stay on long enough for attract mode to kick in. Just turn on, play, turn off. Sigh.

I need to find an F-14 to watch.

#27 11 years ago

Yep, F-14.

LOTR is pretty, too. WOZ is gorgeous.

#28 11 years ago

WPT is really nice. like most games the attract mode is completely ruined by the installation of LEDs.

#29 11 years ago

Pinbot's is cool. Shows you how to play the game.

#30 11 years ago

Pinball Magic is pretty spectacular, as well.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#31 11 years ago

WOZ is stunning. Yes, I have one on order.

#32 11 years ago

F14. Somehow I feel acdc should have such a mode but as we know it doesn't.

#33 11 years ago

F-14

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from GListOverflow:

Pinbot's is cool. Shows you how to play the game.

I love how Pinbot has the little tutorial and lights up the different parts of the playfields as it describes what to do on the alphanumeric displays.

#35 11 years ago

F-14 and WOZ. Both are just fantastic...

#36 11 years ago

Wow...and i thought my EATPM had some nice light shows, and it does but F-14 is crazy! Game play looks deadly also..

#37 11 years ago

I agree, it's sublime.

#38 11 years ago

Fish Tales.

#39 11 years ago

Woz and Tron

#40 11 years ago

Stern Spider-Man!

#41 11 years ago

is it just me or do most on location pins have the attract mode turned off? most of the ones i see just do a light show and don't really attract as much as they should.

#42 11 years ago

I like Who Dunnit. Great sound and lights.

#43 11 years ago

F-14

No doubt.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Stern Spider-Man!

You're joking right? Easily the weakest point of Spider-Man. Turn on the boot ROM to do an update on Spider-Man and you get a better attract mode. I have never owned a game with a weaker attract mode than Spider-Man.

#45 11 years ago

Lyman doesn't program attract modes. At least my SM and BDK says he doesn't. Just all the lights blinking in sequence, never changing or doing anything interesting. BUT - Spider-man does have an awesome game-over light show.

Keith, on the other hand, loves him some fancy lights, and you can really see it in TSPP and WOZ.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

You're joking right? Easily the weakest point of Spider-Man. Turn on the boot ROM to do an update on Spider-Man and you get a better attract mode. I have never owned a game with a weaker attract mode than Spider-Man.

I strongly suspect he means the End Of Game sequence with the 1967 cartoon theme song coordinated well with the lights. That part always makes me smile. So I gave him a thumbs up because of that.

But strictly speaking, the Attract mode is pretty basic with SM, I agree.

#47 11 years ago

No Fear....when a game ends, it puts on a great show too

#48 11 years ago

The end-of-game theme song show for SM literally made me and the husband giggle and clap the first time we saw it, after putting our project back together. Unless I'm just in a hurry to start up the next game, I always watch it. But agreed that regular attract mode isn't anything special.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I was just watching LOTR in attract mode last night, and thought how they did such a nice job with the light sequencing.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

What is your favorite light show in attract mode, and why?

AC/DC! I like the color changing blinking during attract, adding in all the similar colored inserts.
    It really shows off the games capabilities.
    Have you seen the LOTR light show when you enter the code to get the development credits?
    It's pretty special too, and includes the flashers!

#50 11 years ago

F14 as well. It attracted neighbours to my garage when one was living there...and I don't have windows.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-attract-mode-light-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.