Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrizg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00045.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

To all those operators out there. Please give me some insight to your best locations in terms of money made and experiences with safety/care for your machine while there.

Very interested to know some numbers and anecdotes.

Thanks

Ryan

#4 9 years ago

Thank you very much. Some great reading

#5 9 years ago

I'm not an operator but I can tell you this: While waiting for a 9:30 movie, the arcade next door was absolutely packed. 9:15 rolls around and 95% of the people left and headed into the movies. If you can get in with a movie theater, people seem to pay anything to occupy themselves for a few minutes before the movie. Lets face it, if you are going to go watch a movie, you are most likely going to have some cash on you as well.

#6 9 years ago

Different areas can have different answers.

And no matter where you are. If it's a great location, already having videos, darts, pool tables, other games, but no pins. Most likely the location or op won't let you stick a game in there.

That leaves you with seasonal locations like mini gold or ski resorts, and laundromats.

Do your homework. Look around your area. Know what you are about and you may find some spots.

LTG : )™

#7 9 years ago

Near a dispensary.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Near a dispensary.

CAM00045.jpgCAM00045.jpg

#9 9 years ago

I used to put pins in gaming centers (where kids and adults were playing card games like magic the gathering and yugioh). No beer or soda ever touched my pins and were always watched by the people that worked there because they played just as much pinball as everyone else there.

#10 9 years ago

^^^^^^^
    Not a bad idea. I wonder how much you made average per month as well as your split with the house

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Different areas can have different answers.
    And no matter where you are. If it's a great location, already having videos, darts, pool tables, other games, but no pins. Most likely the location or op won't let you stick a game in there.
    That leaves you with seasonal locations like mini gold or ski resorts, and laundromats.
    Do your homework. Look around your area. Know what you are about and you may find some spots.

As a seperate POV on the other side of this coin. We found a local bar that already has an operator in there with pool, air hockey, darts, basketball, shuffle, and punching machine, but that OP did not want to do pins. The bar owner wanted to do pins and we came up with an arrangemnet that works for all of us so far.

Basically, anything is possible. Just because there are darts/pool/etc... does not mean you wont be able to get pins in the door. IMHO, good foot traffic and in direct view of staff are good things to look for.

Ideally, you can also try and get the locals to help inform you when games have issues. So far, we try our best to be very asseccible and keeping games playing well ASAP seems to be a huge plus where the regular know that they can make the trip over and most of the games will be working well (if not, I try to go fix stuff immediately).

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

As a seperate POV on the other side of this coin. We found a local bar that already has an operator in there with pool, air hockey, darts, basketball, shuffle, and punching machine, but that OP did not want to do pins. The bar owner wanted to do pins and we came up with an arrangemnet that works for all of us so far.

Basically, anything is possible. Just because there are darts/pool/etc... does not mean you wont be able to get pins in the door. IMHO, good foot traffic and in direct view of staff are good things to look for.

Agreed. Worth trying.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Agreed. Worth trying.

Granted I only have experience with 1 place and for a few months relative to the many operators with decades of experience.

Just wanted to point out that anything is possible.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

^^^^^^^
    Not a bad idea. I wonder how much you made average per month as well as your split with the house

I had a 2/3 split in my favor. I was making about $300/month per location. I had 1-2 games per location.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I used to put pins in gaming centers (where kids and adults were playing card games like magic the gathering and yugioh). No beer or soda ever touched my pins and were always watched by the people that worked there because they played just as much pinball as everyone else there.

Thats exactly the kind of place I put a few of my games.

#16 9 years ago

Barcades is where the money is at if you can get in with one that is starting up. Most of them own everything so hard to get in but if you can it is worth it. Games do get abused, and are covered in beer but if you keep up with the maintenance it isn't so bad.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-areas-to-route-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.