Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OnTheSnap
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    a4812c2b2dffba2b46447db6441c792a_(resized).jpg
    taflight_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

I have 5 sheets of new PDI glass for sale in Colorado. Its extra glass from a large shipment
    I bought from Joey at Pinball Decals for my collection. Still wrapped from the manufacturer.

****Cash and carry only.**** - You can also preview the glass in my machines when here.

I'll give you a great deal on the price and save you a ton of money on the shipping. - I also have one sheet of used PDI for sale.

PM me if interested. Thanks

****Cash and carry only.****

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Not enough to warrant costing over $60.

In your opinion..... And I disagree with you.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Not enough to warrant costing over $60.

I like CaptainNeo and respect his opinion. I consider him a friend even though we've never met. But he's become a friendly pet peeve with me regarding this glass. Here's some perspective.

Lets say someone has a beat to shit playfield in an otherwise perfect machine. That person gets quotes for a playfield restoration in the $700, $800, $1000 range.

He says, no way, that's too expensive and I'll play the game as is. - But.... if you can restore the playfield for $60 I'll send you my entire collection.

Neo cannot justify the cost of this glass for himself and I understand that. For me, as a customer testing this glass for several years now, I can and do justify the cost and enthusiastically endorse it.

#43 8 years ago

a4812c2b2dffba2b46447db6441c792a_(resized).jpga4812c2b2dffba2b46447db6441c792a_(resized).jpg

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it didn't live up to it's potential

Neo, you were expecting perfection and I get that. But the PDI glass so greatly reduces the glare that it does live up to its potential in my opinion.

Look, my initial test of the glass was under extreme conditions. Dark basement, at night, all lights shut off and door closed at top of stairs. Total darkness except for a single test machine.

Yes, I found some DMD glare and I was disappointed. But it was significantly reduced glare and I wasn't playing a game. I was only standing there intentionally searching for it. Then I turned on the game next to it to compare machines and what a dramatic difference between the two.

A second game was turned on with the test machine in the middle. Again the results were impressive from machine to machine. But this time I noticed the glare on the test machine seemed reduced. It occurred to me that the ambient light helped. So I turned on my entire collection along with the normal game room lighting. (Corner lamps, nothing over head)

Under these normal circumstances that glare was so greatly reduced I had to hunt for. - It was at this point that I first noticed the illusion of no glass.

FYI: My upstairs game room during the day showed the glass functioning even better. Don't ask me why.

So yeah, its not 100% if you want to use a microscope. But I have tested every glass out there and PDI is a home run especially in comparison to the standard glass that you're so fond of. *I'm happy for you. *

And if cost wasn't a consideration you would replace every piece in your collection with PDI, wouldn't you.
    And that's what it gets down to between you and I. I see the value in this glass and you don't.

So we can agree to disagree, you knucklehead.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Last 3 games I bought were only $400 each.

Well there's your problem.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-anti-glare-glass?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.