Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OnTheSnap
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    a4812c2b2dffba2b46447db6441c792a_(resized).jpg
    taflight_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

none of them are good bang for the buck, because none of them do what they were designed to do. Eliminate DMD and backglass glare. Neither do it. Not enough to warrant costing over $60.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

I'm hoping it cuts down most of the translight reflection as I like to sit on a bar stool and play when I'm playing my games at home because my friggen feet hurt.
    What's a $300 piece of glass on a $5000 game %6.0 of the games value. I can allways keep it when I want to sell a game for a diffrent title right?
    Sales tax in my state is 6.875.

it does not. And the lower you sit, the worse it is at reducing it. It reduces it the best at a 90 degree angle from the glass, as you move lower, more and more reflection reveals itself. Most of my games didn't cost 5k. In fact very few did. and for me, what really upset me, is back in the day when this shit was invented. They claimed it would eliminate all the DMD and backglass glare 100%. That's what it was designed for, that's how they justified the $300 per sheet price. Ok fine...if it works. Well, turned out, it did not work like they said. Many paid the $300 only to find out, it works half ass for what they were told it was going to do. Pissed a lot of us off. So now they realize it doesn't work like they said, they try and change the rules on what it was intended to eliminate to try and justify the stupid price. Yea...nice try.

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I like CaptainNeo and respect his opinion. I consider him a friend even though we've never met. But he's become a friendly pet peeve with me regarding this glass. Here's some perspective.
    Lets say someone has a beat to shit playfield in an otherwise perfect machine. That person gets quotes for a playfield restoration in the $700, $800, $1000 range.
    He says, no way, that's too expensive and I'll play the game as is. - But.... if you can restore the playfield for $60 I'll send you my entire collection.
    Neo cannot justify the cost of this glass for himself and I understand that. For me, as a customer testing this glass for several years now, I can and do justify the cost and enthusiastically endorse it.

I understand that, but here's the thing. If a restoration costs such and such..it does what it's suppose to, and does what was expected for the price. Anti glare glass does not. You were there when it was being first invented. You remember the promises they made. If it didn't live up to it's potential, the price should be adjusted accordingly. Agreed?

That's the reason, I got upset with PDI glass. They were the first and released it with false promises, that were underdelivering. I just tell people, don't get your hopes up to high, so you are not disapppointed expecting full glare reduction, which it does not do. That's my beef with antiglare glass.

#53 8 years ago

i dont' mind glare either, unless it's where the DMD is. that whole back section is almost not visible. But that's where Kims glare guards work awesome. fixes the problem. For the backglasses, I remove all but 6 or 7 bulbs, which reduces glare a lot. For florescent tube games, I replace them with LED panels with adjustable brightness, so I can reduce it.

#55 8 years ago

Agreed.

really hard to think anything positive on this, when it costs nearly as much as a full game. Last 3 games I bought were only $400 each. When this is $100 less than a fully functional good condition game, I expect miracles.

and in bright rooms, it does make a better difference, on cutting down room lighting. So if you have games in say..your living room. it's going to be a much more noticeable improvement.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Well there's your problem.

when when you get nice condition working playing games that are fun for $400, how can you say no?

#63 8 years ago

that's true, and I dont think either of our sides will ever change, until the glass changes. Doesn't matter to me. I'll keep using my $300's to buy full games, instead of glass. Unless it improves.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-anti-glare-glass?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.