Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by OnTheSnap
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    a4812c2b2dffba2b46447db6441c792a_(resized).jpg
    taflight_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_(resized).jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Looking to get a sheet of anti-glare glass for my TAF. Who has the best bang for your buck? Here are a couple ive found......

http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=20

Also I am using anti rattle tape due to pinball pro speakers. Would it be ok to use on coated glass?

#2 8 years ago

PDI Glass

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-vs-pdi-glass-comparison

I currently have one Invisiglass, which is good, but if you are paying the same price.... PDI gets the nod

#3 8 years ago

do they fit snug and wont need anti rattle tape or is it ok to use it? Don't want to mess up coating but don't want rattles either.

#4 8 years ago

In answer to your question, they fit snug, but sometimes you need tape anyway, and yes it's fine to use it. And PDI is the best out there! I have them on all my machines...but every machine fits differently. Sometimes you'll need tape, sometimes not. (Also depends on your volume/speaker system/shaker motor, etc.)

#5 8 years ago

Great thanks Beelzeboob. im going with the pdi

#6 8 years ago

Just an FYI: They're having some QC issues in Germany, so they won't be available at PDI until probably late March. Sit tight...it's worth it!

#7 8 years ago

Wonder if pinballdecals has them, says in stock?

#8 8 years ago

PDI is Pinball Decals, Inc.

Email Joey and ask if he actually has them in stock. That might just be a website that isn't updated. The manufacturer just this week posted about a delay. I'll post the link if I can find it...

#9 8 years ago
    #10 8 years ago

I have Invisiglass and PDI on my games and I don't see any visible difference. I have found that the PDI glass is better finished piece of glass around the edges. The best time to buy is when JJP runs their buy 2 get one free sale. I have not seen PDI go on sale but have heard they may do bulk discounts.

#11 8 years ago

I already ordered from pdi so I emailed him. Hope he actually has it.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gritty:

I have Invisiglass and PDI on my games and I don't see any visible difference. I have found that the PDI glass is better finished piece of glass around the edges. The best time to buy is when JJP runs their buy 2 get one free sale. I have not seen PDI go on sale but have heard they may do bulk discounts.

Huge difference. At one point, I had three machines lined up with overhead lights on. My wife and son-in-law were looking at the machines and asked me why my LOTR looked so much better than the other two. They pointed out there was no glare on the glass and said it truly looked invisible. The other two had regular glass and Invisiglass. The next day, I ordered two more sheets of PDI and have never looked back.

#13 8 years ago

I know joey real well and I too am waiting right now. Joey is not going to ship out something that is not right! looks like the plant had QC issues and it is end of march possibility. Again if the product comes in and isn't right. Joey is not going to send it out. So let hope the German supplier can get the issues worked out.
    The PDI is soooo worth it and it is finished better than Invisaglass. I to have both, PDI hands down is worth the wait.
    Magicchiz

#14 8 years ago

4-6 weeks Well its going to be a long 4-6 weeks lol

#15 8 years ago

I will probably get blasted for this response, but I have a slightly different opinion.

I have a sheet of PDI on my IJ You can definitely see a difference between that and the regular glass on the adjacent pins.

But you will still get Glare from the DMD, and I found that the best glare reduction for the buck was to change my overhead lighting to LED's and put them on a dimmer and control the overhead lighting.

For me that was better than spending huge dollars to replace the glass on all my pins.

Take your shots. This is just my humble opinion.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

I have a sheet of PDI on my IJ You can definitely see a difference between that and the regular glass on the adjacent pins.
    But you will still get Glare from the DMD

I had that happen when I put my Invisiglass piece on AC/DC, there was still glare coming from the DMD. Overall the view is much better, but not completely eliminated.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

I found that the best glare reduction for the buck was to change my overhead lighting to LED's and put them on a dimmer and control the overhead lighting.

I did that too, but I still love my PDI glass. It's worth the money IMHO.

#18 8 years ago

PDI is the way to go! I have it on almost all my pins. Joey also has PDI back-glass for the trans-lights. Get both!

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

#19 8 years ago

I have Invisiglass on STTNG and PDI on POTC.

PDI is better. That's what I plan to get from now on.

I have BentPlastic DMD glare guards on all my machines, regardless if they have regular glass or one of these anti-glare glass sheets.

Best bet is to wait for PDI to be in stock, get that and BentPlastic and you should be good.

#20 8 years ago

I have a color dmd and never noticed it really. its my lighting that is a huge problem. I don't have a "game room" per say so I have to deal the hand im dealt. Here is my issue....

taflight_(resized).jpgtaflight_(resized).jpg

#21 8 years ago

That will be almost eliminated when you get PDI. Almost.

#22 8 years ago

I usually play with that light off but this is an example of the worst. Im looking forward to getting it

#23 8 years ago

this video helped me decide also.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ckykedworld:

4-6 weeks Well its going to be a long 4-6 weeks lol

It was 4-6 weeks backorder when I ordered 4 sheets 6 weeks ago. Still haven't got it yet.
    Gonna email to ask eta tonight Maby.

#25 8 years ago

oh man! this is not good to hear

#26 8 years ago

I ordered mid November. Still no glass.

#27 8 years ago

I just talked to Joey and they are shipping from Germany mid March so im gonna wait. PDI seems superior so either that or nothing. In the end it will be worth the wait.

#28 8 years ago

none of them are good bang for the buck, because none of them do what they were designed to do. Eliminate DMD and backglass glare. Neither do it. Not enough to warrant costing over $60.

#29 8 years ago

On my game backglass or dmd glare have never been an issue, only over head lighting really. So for me, I think this will fix my problem. From what ive seen I think I will be very happy with it.

christy

#30 8 years ago

I have 5 sheets of new PDI glass for sale in Colorado. Its extra glass from a large shipment
    I bought from Joey at Pinball Decals for my collection. Still wrapped from the manufacturer.

****Cash and carry only.**** - You can also preview the glass in my machines when here.

I'll give you a great deal on the price and save you a ton of money on the shipping. - I also have one sheet of used PDI for sale.

PM me if interested. Thanks

****Cash and carry only.****

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Not enough to warrant costing over $60.

In your opinion..... And I disagree with you.

#32 8 years ago

Thanks Mr68 but ive paid joey already and got a discount so agreed to wait or I would

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ckykedworld:

On my game backglass or dmd glare have never been an issue, only over head lighting really. So for me, I think this will fix my problem. From what ive seen I think I will be very happy with it.
    christy

It will improve, maybe eliminate the glare on the glass, but you'll still get the glare on your playfield. It's better not to use lighting directly overhead.

#34 8 years ago

totally agree Jam_Burglar

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I have 5 sheets of new PDI glass for sale in Colorado. Its extra glass from a large shipment
    I bought from Joey at Pinball Decals for my collection. Still wrapped from the manufacturer.
    ****Cash and carry only.**** -

Wish I was closer!

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Cheap-ass.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's really a personal thing here; If it were $60 I might get a sheet or 2 myself. If there's one thing I've learned form pinside, it's a large chunk of people are basically blind or super photosensitive to things. It might help these people, that need to add spotlights all over the machine for some goddamn reason.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

none of them are good bang for the buck, because none of them do what they were designed to do. Eliminate DMD and backglass glare. Neither do it. Not enough to warrant costing over $60.

I'm hoping it cuts down most of the translight reflection as I like to sit on a bar stool and play when I'm playing my games at home because my friggen feet hurt.
    What's a $300 piece of glass on a $5000 game %6.0 of the games value. I can allways keep it when I want to sell a game for a diffrent title right?
    Sales tax in my state is 6.875.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

I'm hoping it cuts down most of the translight reflection as I like to sit on a bar stool and play when I'm playing my games at home because my friggen feet hurt.
    What's a $300 piece of glass on a $5000 game %6.0 of the games value. I can allways keep it when I want to sell a game for a diffrent title right?
    Sales tax in my state is 6.875.

it does not. And the lower you sit, the worse it is at reducing it. It reduces it the best at a 90 degree angle from the glass, as you move lower, more and more reflection reveals itself. Most of my games didn't cost 5k. In fact very few did. and for me, what really upset me, is back in the day when this shit was invented. They claimed it would eliminate all the DMD and backglass glare 100%. That's what it was designed for, that's how they justified the $300 per sheet price. Ok fine...if it works. Well, turned out, it did not work like they said. Many paid the $300 only to find out, it works half ass for what they were told it was going to do. Pissed a lot of us off. So now they realize it doesn't work like they said, they try and change the rules on what it was intended to eliminate to try and justify the stupid price. Yea...nice try.

#40 8 years ago

I used the Comet DMD glare eliminator. Gets rid of the DMD glare 100%.

#41 8 years ago

Another PDI believer here; and I have more Invisiglass (I made a bad choice early, PDI only moving forward for me).

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I like CaptainNeo and respect his opinion. I consider him a friend even though we've never met. But he's become a friendly pet peeve with me regarding this glass. Here's some perspective.

Lets say someone has a beat to shit playfield in an otherwise perfect machine. That person gets quotes for a playfield restoration in the $700, $800, $1000 range.

He says, no way, that's too expensive and I'll play the game as is. - But.... if you can restore the playfield for $60 I'll send you my entire collection.

Neo cannot justify the cost of this glass for himself and I understand that. For me, as a customer testing this glass for several years now, I can and do justify the cost and enthusiastically endorse it.

#43 8 years ago

a4812c2b2dffba2b46447db6441c792a_(resized).jpga4812c2b2dffba2b46447db6441c792a_(resized).jpg

#44 8 years ago

I plan on getting PDI glass for all my pins, may just wait for a bit once my kids are out of the house less chance for having house parties with teenagers. That's all I'm concerned about is getting damage to the glass.

I've seen it at a friends house looks like there is no glass on especially near the flippers. Higher up I'll see some back box glair but overall I think it's a good mod.

I prefer color DMD overall but plan on having both on all my pins.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Another PDI believer here; and I have more Invisiglass (I made a bad choice early, PDI only moving forward for me).

Can you elaborate on your likes/dislikes between the 2?

#46 8 years ago

I can. And have many times. Come on up to North Jersey and I'll show you how awesome PDI is!

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can. And have many times. Come on up to North Jersey and I'll show you how awesome PDI is!

I have 6 sheets that I ordered of PDI.

#48 8 years ago

i have both and great thing is i never paid more than $200 a sheet for either. i bought the invisiglass from jen at jjp when they had a great sale and picked it up myself and i bought pdi from a local guy that was narrowing down his collection. because of the number of games i have, paying retail and adding the shipping would have killed the idea of getting any non glare type glass altogether. so whichever way you go, look for deals. they are out there. as far as which is better, to be honest, i could care less. with my glare guards, i can't see any reflection and to be honest, i don't even remember which game has what glass. now go ahead boob - start ripping me

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

now go ahead boob - start ripping me

Not gonna happen. Of course, I sold you my Invisiglass once I realized how much better PDI was and I put it on my WOZ. There's a huge difference between the two, which is immediately obvious when you put them side by side under overhead lights. (See the YouTube video about this.)

In order to see the difference, though, you have to take the covers off your machines and play them once in a while.

#50 8 years ago

In order to see the difference, though, you have to take the covers off your machines and play them once in a while.

lol. you are correct. perhaps that is the problem

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-anti-glare-glass?hl=mikedenton49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.