Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rager170.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey Guys,

I just installed a topper onto my Ghostbusters game and due to the low ceiling I have, it is casting a lot of light onto the glass and causing glare.

I have seen a lot of different offerings for Anti-Glare glass and was curious if some are better than others or are they all the same?

Any opinions are helpful.. Thanks.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Yes, they are all the same, or very very close.
    Best anti-glare glass is the cheapest one you can find.

Thanks. I was wondering if they are all similar. I am checking some pricing but cant find where PDI is sold...

Any ideas? Ive found Voodoo Glass and Sterns HD Glass.. All similarly priced..

#6 4 years ago

I actually just did see that but they are sold out. Do you happen to know what the cost for a sheet of this is?

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Last I knew of it was about $300 + shipping if you're not in the Atlanta area and can pick up...

Thanks.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Yes, normally 300 and 80 to ship

Damn, that gets pricey!

Anyone know where you can buy Invisiglass from?

Also, Voodoo Glass from Cointaker seems to be getting fairly good reviews...

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

And when you can't get them at a show (and you need more than 1) ordering them 2 sheets at a time helps because 2 sheets will fit in one package (but not 3.) It's about $75 shipping for one but about $85 for a 2-pack and possibly a little more to the west coast IIRC.

Ahhh, that is good to know!

There arent a lot of shows around me really, so it will have to be shipped.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I haven't tried Voodoo yet, but I'm hoping CoinTaker will be bringing some to TPF this year so I can buy it for the non-shipped price.
    I've had the Stern anti-glare glass and while it's better than regular glass, it's noticably less effective than the sheet of PDI I have on my Metallica.

Ive been hearing that about the HD Stern glass, so I dont think I want that one. The Voodoo is $245 and then like $25 for shipping, so its not that bad in comparison with others. Im curious where I can buy Invisiglass to compare pricing as well but might pull the trigger on the Voodoo.

The PDI gets the best reviews but its so expensive..

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Is this the only supplier in the US?

Seems like it. I searched online this morning and couldnt find another...

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

PD have always been ridiculously over priced from what I’ve seen over the years and this glass doesn’t seem any different.
    Is there anyway a bunch of you can do a massive bulk buy and bring it over yourselves? It’s not often we get anything pinball related cheaper here in the U.K. but we get this at like half the price. What PD is charging is a joke.

PDI Glass in Europe is called Roman Glass from what ive heard. I would imagine you could find it cheaper.

#23 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I actually gave an order in for the Voodoo glass as reading opinions on it said that people couldnt tell the difference between it and Invisiglass.

I will let you know my thoughts when it comes.

2 weeks later
    #36 4 years ago

I ended up receiving the Voodoo glass and it is great. I have a WOZ machine at home as well and I cant tell a difference between the two. The edges of my Voodoo glass are shaved down as well it seems.

For the price, its well worth it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rager170.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-anti-glare-glass-1?tu=rager170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.