67 days ago

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by in2kiss
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 67 days ago

Hey Guys,

I just installed a topper onto my Ghostbusters game and due to the low ceiling I have, it is casting a lot of light onto the glass and causing glare.

I have seen a lot of different offerings for Anti-Glare glass and was curious if some are better than others or are they all the same?

Any opinions are helpful.. Thanks.

#2 67 days ago

Yes, they are all the same, or very very close.

Best anti-glare glass is the cheapest one you can find.

#3 67 days ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Yes, they are all the same, or very very close.
    Best anti-glare glass is the cheapest one you can find.

Thanks. I was wondering if they are all similar. I am checking some pricing but cant find where PDI is sold...

Any ideas? Ive found Voodoo Glass and Sterns HD Glass.. All similarly priced..

#4 67 days ago

I've tried them all and prefer PDI. There is an image somewhere in Pinside world where someone compares 3 brands. If you pick it up at a show (TPF/Expo), there is no shipping (huge cost save).

#5 67 days ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I am checking some pricing but cant find where PDI is sold...

Find it here: https://www.pinballdecals.com/

#6 67 days ago

I actually just did see that but they are sold out. Do you happen to know what the cost for a sheet of this is?

#7 67 days ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I actually just did see that but they are sold out. Do you happen to know what the cost for a sheet of this is?

Last I knew of it was about $300 + shipping if you're not in the Atlanta area and can pick up...

#8 67 days ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Last I knew of it was about $300 + shipping if you're not in the Atlanta area and can pick up...

Thanks.

#9 67 days ago

Yes, normally 300 and 80 to ship

#10 67 days ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

And when you can't get them at a show (and you need more than 1) ordering them 2 sheets at a time helps because 2 sheets will fit in one package (but not 3.) It's about $75 shipping for one but about $85 for a 2-pack and possibly a little more to the west coast IIRC.

#11 67 days ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Damn, that gets pricey!

Anyone know where you can buy Invisiglass from?

Also, Voodoo Glass from Cointaker seems to be getting fairly good reviews...

#12 67 days ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

And when you can't get them at a show (and you need more than 1) ordering them 2 sheets at a time helps because 2 sheets will fit in one package (but not 3.) It's about $75 shipping for one but about $85 for a 2-pack and possibly a little more to the west coast IIRC.

Ahhh, that is good to know!

There arent a lot of shows around me really, so it will have to be shipped.

#13 67 days ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Damn, that gets pricey!
    Anyone know where you can buy Invisiglass from?
    Also, Voodoo Glass from Cointaker seems to be getting fairly good reviews...

I haven't tried Voodoo yet, but I'm hoping CoinTaker will be bringing some to TPF this year so I can buy it for the non-shipped price.

I've had the Stern anti-glare glass and while it's better than regular glass, it's noticably less effective than the sheet of PDI I have on my Metallica.

#14 67 days ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I haven't tried Voodoo yet, but I'm hoping CoinTaker will be bringing some to TPF this year so I can buy it for the non-shipped price.
    I've had the Stern anti-glare glass and while it's better than regular glass, it's noticably less effective than the sheet of PDI I have on my Metallica.

Ive been hearing that about the HD Stern glass, so I dont think I want that one. The Voodoo is $245 and then like $25 for shipping, so its not that bad in comparison with others. Im curious where I can buy Invisiglass to compare pricing as well but might pull the trigger on the Voodoo.

The PDI gets the best reviews but its so expensive..

#15 67 days ago

Is this the only supplier in the US?

#16 67 days ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Is this the only supplier in the US?

Seems like it. I searched online this morning and couldnt find another...

#17 67 days ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Seems like it. I searched online this morning and couldnt find another...

PD have always been ridiculously over priced from what I’ve seen over the years and this glass doesn’t seem any different.

Is there anyway a bunch of you can do a massive bulk buy and bring it over yourselves? It’s not often we get anything pinball related cheaper here in the U.K. but we get this at like half the price. What PD is charging is a joke.

#18 67 days ago
    Quoted from J85M:

PD have always been ridiculously over priced from what I’ve seen over the years and this glass doesn’t seem any different.
    Is there anyway a bunch of you can do a massive bulk buy and bring it over yourselves? It’s not often we get anything pinball related cheaper here in the U.K. but we get this at like half the price. What PD is charging is a joke.

PDI Glass in Europe is called Roman Glass from what ive heard. I would imagine you could find it cheaper.

#19 67 days ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

PDI Glass in Europe is called Roman Glass from what ive heard. I would imagine you could find it cheaper.

That’s correct, can’t a bunch of you guys ship a bulk lot over and save yourself the massive PD premium?

#20 67 days ago
    Quoted from J85M:

can’t a bunch of you guys ship a bulk lot over and save yourself the massive PD premium

Great idea! Wonder how many sheets would be considered bulk?

#21 67 days ago

Invisiglass is available from JJP (exclusively? I think?) and is the best performing glass that doesn’t break the bank - PDI glass is held up by a lot of folks as “the best” but the price is expensive and the performance doesn’t seem to justify the expense IMO.

Stern’s HD glass is good, but as expected due to the price, it’s not perfect. It rejects notably fewer reflections from the dmd, which is probably to be expected, as I believe it’s only coated on one side. It’s still fine, just not “the best”.

I also have a sheet of AP’s magic glass and this works QUITE well. I’ve not compared it side by side but the playfield is crystal clear, and it’s on a Houdini which is a very bright game. I also installed it on my MB and saw (anecdotally) better performance than the Stern glass. Have not tried Voodoo

#22 67 days ago

I have Invisiglass on all of my widebody games and PDI on about half of my standard games. Both are significantly better than regular glass but neither is significantly better than the other. If I buy low glare glass in the future, it will be all Invisiglass.

#23 67 days ago

Thanks guys. I actually gave an order in for the Voodoo glass as reading opinions on it said that people couldnt tell the difference between it and Invisiglass.

I will let you know my thoughts when it comes.

#24 67 days ago

Pdi and invisaglass are the best imo but some the others are very close and for the price difference voodoo works almost the same and its much cheaper.

#25 67 days ago

Voodoo kind of hints that they’re similar to Roman glass, aka PDI. So the $150 savings is certainly
    Welcome..

#26 67 days ago

Have a piece of Invisi, that said if I had a chance to do it again, I’d find something else to spend my $ on.

#27 67 days ago

i buy my normal glass from local glass shop and i honesty cant tell the difference between games that have invisiglass or mine. mine is way way way less.
    if you remove play field glass and the light is still shining and glaring on your play field, the glass won't stop it.

#28 66 days ago

I have Invisiglass and Magic Glass. I use it in the pins under the 4 bulb fluorescent lights. The difference is amazing. Worth the money.

I would put Invisiglass in all my pins if it was cheaper. Anyone coming to play thinks there is no glass in. Does what it is designed to do and more.

#29 66 days ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

i buy my normal glass from local glass shop and i honesty cant tell the difference between games that have invisiglass or mine. mine is way way way less.
    if you remove play field glass and the light is still shining and glaring on your play field, the glass won't stop it.

Now go ask them for the same thing but anti reflective

#30 66 days ago

I just picked up a Hobbit LE with Invisiglass and it's excellent. First time I've seen it. My other pins are normal glass and have way more reflections! I know a guy who has Stern HD, Voodoo, Invisiglass and PDI. He said Voodoo is the way to go for the price. But PDI has nice polished edges...who cares? You don't see it when installed.

1 week later
    #31 53 days ago

YO! Hello to all. =)

There are so many different factors going on here - one main is the actual / final product tech specs. IMO - You should be aware of exactly what you are paying for. Just different names...nope. This is an example of a vehicle without a speedometer and saying that it is "Fast". This link, for example, is an impeccable - knowledgeable, completely objective source of a testing =

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html

Next - here is an interesting video. Roman made this - With the best / proper "Black" background...for a comparison of "same camera lens, and lighting elements" =

All info on our product can be found here =

http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

Best to all as alwayz. 'AVEAGOODONE

Joey Lipovsky
    Pinball Decals, Inc.
    www.Pinballdecals.com

#32 53 days ago

Cool. So when does the PDI exclusivity run out so it can be sold at competitive prices and doesn’t need the extra marketing goosing?

#33 53 days ago

I’ve bought and used all the premium glasses over the years. For a long time I stayed away from PDI due to the cost, but after buying a sheet for Safe Cracker because it was the only company making glass that size I was blown away.

Pretty much everything about the PDI glass from how it’s packaged to how it performs is better than the other options out there. Stern’s HD glass is nice, but it’s not PDI. Invisiglass is my least favorite of the three.

#34 53 days ago

I've used stern HD, invisiglass, and PDI. PDI is the best one in my humble opinion, with invisiglass a close second, and stern HD a distant 3rd. At the time, invisiglass costed about the same shipped to you as PDI. Did invisiglass come down in price?

#35 52 days ago

PDI is the best of all glass I’ve tried

#36 47 days ago

I ended up receiving the Voodoo glass and it is great. I have a WOZ machine at home as well and I cant tell a difference between the two. The edges of my Voodoo glass are shaved down as well it seems.

For the price, its well worth it.

#37 42 days ago
    Quoted from PDI:

All info on our product can be found here =
    http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html
    Best to all as alwayz. 'AVEAGOODONE
    Joey Lipovsky
    Pinball Decals, Inc.
    www.Pinballdecals.com

Looks like you are out of product for the next five or six weeks at the earliest. Kind of bummed as I need some sheets.

#38 42 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Looks like you are out of product for the next five or six weeks at the earliest. Kind of bummed as I need some sheets.

Have no fear my friend..

#39 42 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve bought and used all the premium glasses over the years. For a long time I stayed away from PDI due to the cost, but after buying a sheet for Safe Cracker because it was the only company making glass that size I was blown away.
    Pretty much everything about the PDI glass from how it’s packaged to how it performs is better than the other options out there. Stern’s HD glass is nice, but it’s not PDI. Invisiglass is my least favorite of the three.

I'd love to get a piece of PDI for my SC. I'll have to contact Joey to see if he has any left of that size. I didnt realise they were being offered

#40 42 days ago

I have a PDI in my HUO Whirlwind and it’s amazing! When the *game is turned* off, it looks like I can reach in and touch the plastics as if there were no glass at all. When game is on, there are no distracting reflections. Awesome!

*corrected my vocabulary*

#41 41 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

When the glass is off, it looks like I can reach in and touch the plastics as if there were no glass at all.

I bet you can. That’s how glass off works.

#42 41 days ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

.. When the glass is off, it looks like I can reach in and touch the plastics as if there were no glass at all. ...

Think blitzburgh99 meant to say "when the glass is on"

#43 41 days ago

Corrected my vocabulary. Too many cervezas

#44 41 days ago

Hair club for men?

#45 41 days ago

All are good!!

#46 41 days ago

I vote PDI, best 'mod' you can buy for a game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Other
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 60.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 22.00
    $ 41.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 69.00
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.00
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside