• 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jroakland
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

$_57 (1).JPG
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Best and worst sys11

What sys11s (or other alphanumeric from other companies) are good games to add to a collection, and what games should I avoid?

Already have ;
BK2000
Earthshaker
Pinbot
Robocop (Backglass is lame but I like the game)
Funhouse (I know, not sy11)

Thanks
Pete

#2 9 years ago

I really dig Grand Lizard.

#3 9 years ago

Best: Whirlwind.
Worst: There are a few here. Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash always gets brought up as being pretty bad.

#4 9 years ago

I like Radical

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Best: Whirlwind.
Worst: There are a few here. Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash always gets brought up as being pretty bad.

I will get a WW one day, they don't come up for sale here much

only played BBBB on VP, pity it is lame

#6 9 years ago

F-14 for me. The light show is the best.
I really want a BK2000. Only if my bank account agreed with me...

#8 9 years ago

Whirlwind is the best System 11 game, IMO.

Elvira is a lot of fun.

#9 9 years ago

My bank account says no

#10 9 years ago

Whirlwind is the best! Diner is really good. If you can find a Transporter the Rescue, that's a weird one that people seem to like.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Whirlwind is the best! Diner is really good. If you can find a Transporter the Rescue, that's a weird one that people seem to like.

I think I have seen most sys11 games come up for sale at some time here in Australia, but Ihave never see a Transporter become avaliable

#12 9 years ago

Whirlwind is tops and Taxi would be my next choice.

#13 9 years ago

I remember being underwhelmed by Millionaire back in the day.

#14 9 years ago

Add Mousin Around if you get a chance. WW rules as stated by many. Millionaire must suck as not too many people have much good to say about it, and they seem hard to sell. It has been decades since I have played one, so I personally don't know much about the game.

#15 9 years ago

As far as good System 11s-- well, that's a longer list. I own a Black Knight 2000 and a Swords of Fury, and if I had the money and space I'd own: Earthshaker, Whirlwind, Pinbot, Rollergames, Banzai Run, and probably others that I just can't think of right now.

#16 9 years ago

Whirlwind & Mousin' Around get my vote for best. Mousin' has a few threads here regarding how much it has surprised people -- IMO it's one of the best "flow" games of Sys11 if you like keeping the ball moving. The ball whips around some of those loops damn fast. If I had to choose between that or Whirlwind.. it'd be a tough call

Worst.. I dunno, some people might say Road Kings. Jokerz didn't really do much for me and I found the sounds pretty annoying. I actually liked Road Kings more than Jokerz. I haven't played all the Sys11's so it'll be interesting to see what people say here.

#17 9 years ago

We have owned a good many System 11 machines over the past 5 or 6 years and I would say Millionaire & Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash are two of my least favorites. Originally I didn't really like Road Kings (mostly because of the art) but that is a decent playing machine overall. Jokerz is kind of questionable - not one of the better System 11's but maybe in the middle of the pack.

As far as top titles for me personally I think Pin-Bot is the best System 11 deal out there and High Speed is a close second. Not the best two system 11 machines but as far as bang for your buck those two machines can still be bought in nice condition for around a grand to $1200 ( a steal of a deal for a system 11).

Whirlwind & Earthshaker are two of the best system 11 machines of the ones I have played if you are judging by gameplay and overall appeal. I would have to also include Taxi and Banzai Run on a system 11 "better" or "best" machine list.

Diner, LW3 and F-14 fall into the middle of the pack for me but lots of people seem to like Diner. We have also owner a couple Grand Lizards and they are pretty decent.

For the most part - dollar for dollar I don't think you can do much better than most system 11 machines. Lots of great titles under $2500 and a good many still under $1200 to $1500. System 11 machines are one of the best values in pinball today as far as I am concerned.

#18 9 years ago

Whirlwind is the best

#19 9 years ago

Best:

F-14

Worst:

F-14

#20 9 years ago

Taxi is the best.

Then ww.

Then then pinbot.

Then the rest.

#21 9 years ago

high speed , Taxi,bad cats, Mousin around, diner, f14... To me, no other system has quite a fun/solid selection of games...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Best:
F-14
Worst:
F-14

First machine I'd owned, and I agree...u love it and hate it, but gotta have it.
I have F14, Pinbot, High Speed, Grand Lizard, and Swords of Fury....even now when I host a pin night these are ones that people flock to....SYS 11 is great bang for the buck (well SOF used to be until a certain comical steamroller of a thread got going - got mine before that happened )

#23 9 years ago

Mousin' Around and High Speed are probably my favorites. Whirlwind, Pin*Bot, and Taxi are just behind them.

#24 9 years ago

I still think F14 is the one that keeps making you come back for just one more game more than any others !! I will never get rid of mine ! The speed !! Oh the speed !!!

#25 9 years ago

I like all of the system 11 games that I have played. However, I haven't played a lot of them. I agree with most that Whirlwind is my favorite. Then probably PinBot and then BK2K

#26 9 years ago

Whirlwind... best sys 11 hands down!

#27 9 years ago

WW and BK2K for me.EATPM gets honorable mention.

#28 9 years ago

Bk2k wwind and rollergames are all top notch.

I need more time on mousin around.

#29 9 years ago

Since when is Robocop a system 11?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I was just thinking the same thing. Lol.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

it is from the era
(I am not a B/W snob, willing to look at games other than B/W)

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

What sys11s (or other alphanumeric from other companies) are good games to add to a collection, and what games should I avoid?

Read what he wrote. He clearly stated not just system 11 .

#33 9 years ago

I was looking at the title of the thread. But if we are including Data East, I have been playing a lot of Time Machine lately. Totally a fun game, not deep, but fun. Are we including 6803s while we are at it? System 80s?

#34 9 years ago

i have Big Guns and Millionaire totally different feel for each machine. They are both OK games.
Big Guns has the three ball multiball but with the design of the playfield and how balls are served, is not all that following and to me feels awkward. Millionaire has two ball muliball and much easier flow and feel, almost to easy maybe.

I know i used to love F14 and HS when playing in the arcades.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I was looking at the title of the thread. But if we are including Data East, I have been playing a lot of Time Machine lately. Totally a fun game, not deep, but fun. Are we including 6803s while we are at it? System 80s?

We can talk sys 9s as well if you like
nothing wrong with sys 80s, if you want to compare them, great
I just think that with High speed, pinballs moved up a notch

I love my Strange Science, but they were made under a tight budget and it shows

#36 9 years ago

I havent had the opportunity to play a Whirlwind, but my fave System 11s have been Mousin Around, Taxi, Transporter The Rescue, and Police Force. However, I simply cannot get excited about High Speed or F14 Tomcat.

#37 9 years ago

SOF
PinBot
Grand Lizard
F14
Whirlwind

I'd say you couldn't really go wrong. Road Kings gets a bad rap. I dig it but it is pretty limited. But all games are if you play them enough...

#38 9 years ago

Was waiting to see someone post "Big Guns",by far my poorest game.But it still gets played.

#39 9 years ago

Whirlwind is king of the sys11 games. I like it quite a bit more that many dmd games actually.

I like Pinbot and Taxi also.

As far as the bad ones go, I didn't care for Jokerz. I also don't get the love for Cyclone. (Flame suit on)

#40 9 years ago

I've owned both taxi and ww. Ww is great but I found taxi more enjoyable. The bell, the characters etc. Just awesome.

#41 9 years ago

All Sys11s are cool.

Possibly the worst ones are Riverboat Gambler due to its unbalanced scoring. It's ok for playing yourself, but if you are playing someone they can get random 3m and 4m jackpots from the roulette wheel that sort of ruins a game. Pretty looking game though.

Also BBBB, where you can spam the saucer for a random billion on the last ball. Gameplay is probably more orientated towards kids. Again, good looking game though. The local ladies love some BBBB.

rd.

#42 9 years ago

As a card carrying fan boy of System 11's, I would put ES, WW, and Diner at the top (the holy trinity if you will). Haven't played more then a handful of games on Mousin Around, so not sure where it fits in. High Speed, Grand Lizard, and Taxi are all in that next tier along with Cyclone. Partly due to price and partly due to overall flow, feel, and theme. PinBot didn't do it for me. As much as I loved the theme, art, and sound, the game was too much of catch and shoot (sold it after a few months). I also owned a RoboCop at one point but it was too much of a one trick pony, but I did love the call outs. Dr Dude may be a good choice if you like that comic book look. I know people like the rule set on it.

Many of the "bad" System 11's (Millionaire, BBBB, etc) I haven't had a chance to play. But I enjoy Jokerz and Police Force and would own them depending on the rest of my collection.

#43 9 years ago

god how i despise Dr. Dude and Party Zone. just ugly, obnoxious games. horrendous. the only pinball machines in the world i actively dislike.

#44 9 years ago

Taxi is my favorite. Also no one has mentioned Fire or Transporter yet, both of which are plenty of fun.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

god how i despise Dr. Dude and Party Zone. just ugly, obnoxious games. horrendous. the only pinball machines in the world i actively dislike.

The Dr is possibly the coolest machine of all time! Sooo cool.

Classic Nordman/Freres game. Simple but addictive ruleset.

PZ .. Quite cool but not as good as the Dr playwise due to the "keep shooting the ramp" gameplay (but don't forget the out of control lane for big points on the right)

But each to their own ...

rd.

#46 9 years ago

I liked Fire back in the day when it was on location
Now though, the art work does nothing for me, it just is not pinballie

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

WOW... these (Dr Dude & Party Zone) I feel are very cool. I actually own them both.

Funny how we all (Pinheads) have different tastes. Probably in cars and women as well.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

System 11.. Do you know it when you see it?

#49 9 years ago

I dont hear much love for The Machine: Bride of Pinbot? Love that game every time I play it.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

System 11.. Do you know it when you see it?

i know PZ is not but i feel like they are related by both being absolute abominations to good taste.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-and-worst-sys11?hl=pinasco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.