• 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jroakland
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

$_57 (1).JPG
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Probably in cars and women as well.

maybe. i drive a plum crazy purple dodge challenger srt8. certainly not for everyone.

#52 9 years ago

Was actually going to start the same thread....loving my Earthshaker, and wouldn't mind another couple of System 11 (ish) games. Thinking BOP, Funhouse (if I can find one for a "reasonable" price) and maybe Rollergames (never seen one for sale in Australia).

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was actually going to start the same thread....loving my Earthshaker, and wouldn't mind another couple of System 11 (ish) games. Thinking BOP, Funhouse (if I can find one for a "reasonable" price) and maybe Rollergames (never seen one for sale in Australia).

well hell, if we are counting early WPC games, Funhouse wins by a mile. even though there's no DMD, i think there's a pretty wide gap between System 11 games and the alphanumeric WPCs (BOP / Funhouse).

#54 9 years ago

I'm pretty surprised not to see Space Station on the list. One of my favorites.
I also agree that F-14 might be the best and worst.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

well hell, if we are counting early WPC games, Funhouse wins by a mile. even though there's no DMD, i think there's a pretty wide gap between System 11 games and the alphanumeric WPCs (BOP / Funhouse).

OP said "alphanumeric" not just Sys 11. He's already listed FH as a tittle he already owns.

#56 9 years ago

i have a cyclone a bad cats and bride at first i did not care for any of them when i got them ,but once you start playing them its hard to stop!

#57 9 years ago

I am turning into a system 11 junkie. Going to get a Police Force this weekend and working my hardest on a Black Knight 2000 to go with my PinBot and Whirlwind

#58 9 years ago

Some of the best: Taxi, Whirlwind, Mousin' Around, High Speed, Pinbot, F14
Some of the worst: Police Force, Millionaire, Bugs Bunny

#59 9 years ago

We love our Space Station. The gameplay gets a little slow when you are not able to dock the ball for multi.

#60 9 years ago

There does seem to be a love/hate relationship with Police Force

#61 9 years ago

I really enjoy Police Force. I kinda like BBBB. I own both.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I dont hear much love for The Machine: Bride of Pinbot? Love that game every time I play it.

Technically it's WPC not system 11

#63 9 years ago

I think BBBB looks fun, LOVE the white cabinet

#64 9 years ago

Personally I don't think BAD and SYSTEM 11 belong in the same sentence.

#65 9 years ago

It was the best of sys11, it was the worst of sys11.

A tale of two system 11s.

#66 9 years ago

My fav 11's are
Earthshaker
Whirlwind
PinBot
Swords of Fury
And F-14
(Probably cause I have all those )

#67 9 years ago

I had Whirlwind and Swords of Fury and thought they were great but I sold them to ^^

The SoF soundtrack is just fantastic. I will never sell my Pinbot, though...to me, it is the ultimate Sys11 machine. I would like to have a BK2K at some point, too. And maybe F-14.

#68 9 years ago

I have F-14 and High Speed, with many more wanted.

#69 9 years ago

In order of my preference:

Swords of Fury
Black Knight 2000
Earthshaker
Taxi
Whirlwind
The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
Fire!
Police Force
Jokerz

...and I currently have a strained relationship with an F-14 which I bought semi-working many years ago. I have had it almost completely disassembled for almost as many years. It now has its playfield inserts removed, waiting for me to muster up the courage to continue. I've never done that kind of playfield restoration before, so I'm hesitant to do anything at all for fear of doing a bad job. No wonder this one takes years for me...

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Technically it's WPC not system 11

System 11?? I'm talking about alphanumerics as per the opening post.

#71 9 years ago

I like Diner, Earthshaker, Cyclone, Fire and High Speed. I've owned a few others but these ones remain.

#72 9 years ago

I liked Whirlwind but still sold it, I guess when you have owned a few Lawlor games they offer similar things, loving Diner and Bad Cats, sold Radical locally so at least can still see it
Swords of Fury is cool, Bugs Bunny blows chunks.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

There does seem to be a love/hate relationship with Police Force

I believe that to be the case. I like the Oursler/Python games personally. We play a ton of Hurricane at my house as well and it gets no love either. I think their system 11s are not much different. Lots of repetitive ramps. I guess I could see if you have a 1-2 pin collection it would get old really fast.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The op said alpha from other companies, BoP still would not qualify.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

The op said alpha from other companies, BoP still would not qualify.

But the OP listed Funhouse, which is also WPC.

Anyways, no point arguing over the fact that someone mentioned one game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 9 years ago

Guys, it is only pinball
I expect the conversation to drift
I've seen party zone mentioned :p

#77 9 years ago

Pinbot is the best game ever made.

Also have love for "Meow meow meow meooooooow!"

#78 9 years ago

Secret Service, TX-Sector, and Robo-War are fun non-Williams alphanumerics.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

the thread title says system 11, and that's what most people have been talking about. in my opinion, WPC is a whole different thing, alphanumeric or not.

#80 9 years ago

I like the art on TX sector
Never played one though

#81 9 years ago

Whirlwind definitely tops the list of Sys11s for me. There are a lot of great ones and really not too many bad ones. Worst for me is BBBB. Just painfully boring.

#82 9 years ago

I would say Diner or Taxi for the next best you should get.

Yes, Whirlwind is a great game, but he has an Earthshaker. It is almost a mirror version of WW.

#83 9 years ago

Best IMSHO is Bad Cats, followed by Swords of Fury, Whirlwind, and High Speed

Worst I ever played was BBBB unfortunately (that whole "let's swap scores with your opponent" random award really pissed me off once!

#84 9 years ago

I don't really think there are any system 11 dogs. These games all went through a pretty rigorous test phase before being released to production. I don't think any of these games were phoned in with photoshopped licensed art and a variation on a previous design.. unlike most of the recent offerings.

#85 9 years ago

Don't discount Big Guns because it lacks flow; It's designed as an 'aiming' game , like Capt. Card (http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=433&picno=411). It modernizes things by making every 3rd shot exciting (load the cannons, shoot the bagatelle, trolls!), times out everything, and uses a ridiculously short 'ball search' feature to keep you from holding balls too long. It almost requires too much skill to have fun.

Having said that, I'd still go with WW, EatPM, and, of course, Diner as the best of sys 11.

#86 9 years ago

Funny the Millionaire and Police Force hate. My bud had a Mill and I was super cool. Roulette, cool oscillating shooter lane. Really neat pin. Just ugly.

Police force was fun too.

I've really never played a system 11 I didn't have fun with. It was such a great era of pinball. Same with some of the DE titles of that time.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Best:
F-14
Worst:
F-14

hahaha. good one vid. I thought the same thing. was awesome and fast and hard at first because it was my second game. not being able to utilize the ramps with your flippers eventually did the old fella in though. Light show was still killer in multiball though.

#88 9 years ago

Police Force is great but during multiplayer there is a shot that lets you steal the other players higher score on ball three, which to me is just too unbalanced.

#89 9 years ago

Bad Cats has to be one of the worst games for a small collection. There are two shots on the playfield worth aiming for and they both are repeatable and has a progressive jackpot that can't be turned off. Check out the Papa gameplay video and watch til the very end, haha.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#91 9 years ago

Ahhggg, alternate translights
Mods, this should be a banable of fence

#92 9 years ago

Whirlwind would be my first choice. I don't think Funhouse qualify's.

I really like my Pin Bot, also like Cyclone, need more time on ohers to offer a opinion.

#93 9 years ago

Haven't played a Sys 11 I haven't liked, though I haven't played BBBB, and their are a few others I haven't played.

I've got or had: Bad Cats, Diner, Rollergames, F-14

BoP and FH, despite being WPC technically, are Alphanumeric games and very much in the vein of their Sys11 ascendants and I'd say are basically Sys 11s in WPC clothing.

I was not impressed by Banzai Run, don't like F-14 as much as many, found Jokerz! kind of boring...

There might be no other system with as many solid titles but going back to the early Bally SS -35 days, could play just about any of those pins for hours without complaint.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Police Force is great but during multiplayer there is a shot that lets you steal the other players higher score on ball three, which to me is just too unbalanced.

That's not the problem, the problem is the unlimited millions ramp. I shopped out a really nice PF a few years ago, and rolled the score (99M) on the third test game, and that's with yellow post rubbers on it. If you disable the center ramp made switch and kill the "take the highest score" feature (by setting requirement to 9 right ramps in a row to collect), the game becomes reasonable, but a bit boring. And there's still the Hot Sheet randomness.

PF is a beginner level game and there's nothing wrong with that

#95 9 years ago

Big Guns is definitely the worst, followed by BBBB.

#96 9 years ago

Collectors probably dislike the progressive jackpots on many of the System 11 pins, but I would imagine they did a good job of getting people to play the pins and earn money, which is what they were intended to do back in the day. Walking past that pin with the flashing maxed out jackpot just begs you to play it!

When I had my Taxi I set the minimum jackpot amount to 1 million. Getting multiple jackpots in a game sucked when the second one was worth half of the million shot and tougher to get.

But I digress, my favorites are Whirlwind, Taxi, Diner, and Pin-bot.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The Dr is possibly the coolest machine of all time! Sooo cool.

Classic Nordman/Freres game. Simple but addictive ruleset.

"You're a DUDE!"

I can understand it not being to people's tastes, but there is nothing objectively wrong with it in my opinion. Nordman and Freres nailed it. While not as technically advanced, the theme and art direction is better than half the Sterns and all the Segas.

#98 9 years ago

Love my Rollergames!! Also enjoy Pin-Bot, but I honestly haven't played many of the Sys 11's mentioned. You guys have me curious about WWind though!

#99 9 years ago

I absolutely fell in love with a Taxi that had a CPR playfield and LEDs in it atThe Houston Arcade Expo. It has moved up the short list on games to own in the future.

I owned Road Kings....twice! Go ahead....you may laugh.... The colors and mad max art seems to turn many off, but its actually a pretty entertaining game given it was the first or second sys 11 game put out. The voice callouts and music are very catchy (You'll Be Back, Jack!). A couple of ramps, with one that raises and lowers. The right outlane is a frustrating drain monster. Fighting the Road Kings produces an impressive light show. Give it a chance.

I haven't found a worst sys 11 game yet.

#100 9 years ago

Best: Taxi, Whirlwind, Pinbot, Space Station, Diner, Riverboat Gambler, High Speed

Millionaire is WAY better than people give it credit for. The Chris Granner Sound is outstanding and it's fun to play. It's not very pretty, but it's vastly underrated. Even more fun if you add the beacon to the top! Road Kings is also very fun. System 11 games really outstanding, even some of the lesser titles you can't go wrong with. Fire! wasn't mentioned much either. Very Neat Game.

Agreed that BBBB is probably the least fun of the group.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 29.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-and-worst-sys11/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.