Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Pinstein
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat-imgurjpg (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    terror dog (resized).jpg
    mods.jpg
    19224-i.jpg
    image-373.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    pinballdecals-2.png
    pinballdecals-1.png
    IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    Light_insert_board_solenoid_numbers.JPG
    loopcombo.jpg
    It.JPG
    BLEWwaffles!.jpeg
    tftc wall.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 9 years ago

I used to love toppers back in the day when I first started collecting, and would make my own. But I only thought they were cool if they were wired into the game and interactive somehow. Over the years I've completely outgrown toppers, but the worst by far are when people put a bunch of toys, particularly stuffed animals, on top of the game. Tacky.

As for in-game mods, I really can't stand the spiral wireform mod for TZ. So many TZ mods are unnecessary, but at least most of them are merely cosmetic and are replicating one of the items on the playfield/translite, which are from the shows. The spiral wireform is really forced and in my opinion worsens gameplay!

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I should start making these and start the auction at one penny with no reserve, and free shipping, just to screw with this seller.

I'm not a fan of the Nazi stuff, but whatever...pretend you take take the symbol off. What are you left with? A plastic blimp for $165 that doesn't do anything. It isn't even wired in with LEDs or any type of lights. There are some mods, that whether they are your taste or not, you can at least appreciate that the BoM or the time/effort/expertise to create the interactive elements *somewhat* justify the price, even if expensive. This is straight out of the $5 package and served to you for the low, low mark-up of $160.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-and-worst-mods?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.