Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Pinstein
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat-imgurjpg (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    terror dog (resized).jpg
    mods.jpg
    19224-i.jpg
    image-373.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    pinballdecals-2.png
    pinballdecals-1.png
    IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2435.jpg
    Light_insert_board_solenoid_numbers.JPG
    loopcombo.jpg
    It.JPG
    BLEWwaffles!.jpeg
    tftc wall.JPG

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Whatever anyone wants to add to their pin and they thinks looks good...what does anyone else care?

because there are people on the internet that are always right, and anyone who's opinion differs from theirs is horribly wrong and should be publicly shamed...

at least that's what I have gathered from this thread... I mod my machines, and I don't really care what anyone else thinks about my machines, because I have them for (derp duh) my enjoyment, not to appease some bah humbug jerks on an internet message board

are some mods just terrible? sure, does that mean you should post OTHER peoples machines and $%*t on their work? no that's just mean, and kind of cruel... there is enough meanness on this message board already

also I don't understand why there are so many people that hate mods commenting in a thread under the "All Mods" sub forum, if you hate mods so much why are you here?

#152 9 years ago
    Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

let see a pic of this horrific mod . . .

I should start making these and start the auction at one penny with no reserve, and free shipping, just to screw with this seller.

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I should start making these and start the auction at one penny with no reserve, and free shipping, just to screw with this seller.

I'm not a fan of the Nazi stuff, but whatever...pretend you take take the symbol off. What are you left with? A plastic blimp for $165 that doesn't do anything. It isn't even wired in with LEDs or any type of lights. There are some mods, that whether they are your taste or not, you can at least appreciate that the BoM or the time/effort/expertise to create the interactive elements *somewhat* justify the price, even if expensive. This is straight out of the $5 package and served to you for the low, low mark-up of $160.

#154 9 years ago

I've never seen a permanent mod that looked at all good. I usually cringe when I see pins that have effectively been hacked up.

#155 9 years ago

what an interesting and useful contribution to pinside, please, tell me more

#156 9 years ago

to me, "any" mod should be completely reversible back to the machine's original factory state without any evidence that the machine was ever changed in the first place.

additionally, it should provide some aesthetic or added/enhanced functionality that the original components did not.

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

to me, "any" mod should be completely reversible back to the machine's original factory state without any evidence that the machine was ever changed in the first place.

I like quite a few mods, but I completely agree with this statement. I will surely not be the last owner of these machines, and tastes will always vary.

#158 9 years ago

The spinning tiger saw mod on ToM is awesome. It's the way they intended it to be originally, but had to change it to plastic for safety reasons.

#159 9 years ago

After reading all the above comments the only thing that becomes clear is that we all like different things (thankfully, otherwise it would become boring real quick), there is no right nor wrong when it comes to mods or for that matter which machine we like or dislike. I have machines with mods and some without, but what some like others despise. Tomato's Tomatoes that's what it's all about. FINAL WORDS. Just Enjoy your machines whilst you have them

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

Just Enjoy your machines whilst you have them

but someone on pinside might disapprove! how will you sleep at night?!

#161 9 years ago

Gerry is the worst mod. ever. by far.

#162 9 years ago

Sometimes I wish I hadn't added the Flying Saucers mod to my TSPP---but can't bring myself to disconnect them.
    All of my other Simpsons mods I'm very happy with.

#163 9 years ago

image-4.jpgimage-4.jpg

#164 9 years ago
    Quoted from retro_p:

I've never seen a permanent mod that looked at all good. I usually cringe when I see pins that have effectively been hacked up.

I take it you haven't played a Tron Pro with Eli's ramp kit.

#165 9 years ago

Mods are great within reason . Some really enhance the way a game looks .

#166 9 years ago

At first I almost wondered if this thread was meant to bash the moderators. This is generally not a good idea.

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from flecom:

but someone on pinside might disapprove! how will you sleep at night?!

Easy, few extra Honey Bourbons, ahhhhhhh all good

#168 9 years ago

Or as my wife would say - nazdarovia! she is from Russia...

#169 9 years ago

This cousin itt mod. Kinda looks like a... Never mind.

image-373.jpgimage-373.jpg

#170 9 years ago

Is that eaven a cousin it? Kinda looks more like a yellow casper the friendly ghost figurine..
    I also don't like that "walking" polarbear.

#171 9 years ago

Still makes me laugh because another pinsider said it looked like batman was about to take a leak on you.

19224-i.jpg19224-i.jpg
    #172 9 years ago

That's how I pee over the side of the boat when I hope no one nearby can tell what I'm doing

#173 9 years ago
    Quoted from ullsokken:

Is that eaven a cousin it? Kinda looks more like a yellow casper the friendly ghost figurine..
    I also don't like that "walking" polarbear.

Found it here. No offense if a pinsider made these. I just don't like it.

ebay.com link: Addams Family Pinball Machine Limited Edition Cousin Itt LED Mod 001

#174 9 years ago

Mods are great, covers up playfield wear!

mods.jpgmods.jpg

#175 9 years ago

Do you prefer a chopped/scooped/etc hot-rodded 32 Ford, or a survivor 32 Ford? If you prefer survivors, we're now friends whether you want to be or not.

p.s. can you buy me lunch now that we're buddies?

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Mods are great, covers up playfield wear!

mods.jpg 118 KB

What the hell is that?? Is that something you made from all the restores you have done??

#178 9 years ago

^ win

5 years later
    #179 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

There are so many. So many more bad than decent and even fewer that are actually good. TZ probably has a dozen alone. Awful toppers, toys, alternate translites, repetitive target decals, LEDs so bright you can't even play the game, powder coated color coin doors and/or powder coating crazy color combos...the list goes on and on. Usually the tackiness of the mod is only trumped by the ridiculous price.
    For a visual reference, pretty much everything in this pic...
    [quoted image]

LMFAO!!

#180 3 years ago

I made one that's a little more discreet.

Quoted from gwarrior:

[quoted image]

#181 3 years ago

Terror-ble Dog

terror dog (resized).jpgterror dog (resized).jpg
    #182 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I made one that's a little more discreet.
    [quoted image]

This is a thread for the worst, not the best!

#183 3 years ago

How about cutting a hole underneath the cabinet. To add a speaker to stereo sound from MoNo? Firepower 2.

4 months later
    #184 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #185 3 years ago

No. freaking. way.

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from Compy:

No. freaking. way.

That was my reaction as well. It's awful.

#187 3 years ago

Agreed. That cup holder is terrible.

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Agreed. That cup holder is terrible.

#189 3 years ago

This falls in the “so bad, it’s good” territory.

#190 3 years ago

Flipper buttons be like

cat-imgurjpg (resized).jpegcat-imgurjpg (resized).jpeg

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from Compy:

Flipper buttons be like
    [quoted image]

Now That is fricken Funny!!!! lol

2 years later
    #192 10 months ago

I see that zip tying a bunch of action figures all over the place is still alive and well 2 years later. My goodness does that look bad.

Do we have any new candidates for worst mods over the past 2 years?

#193 10 months ago

That fuzzy AP looks fantastic! I never liked the brit flag decals. the cup holder not so much.

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-and-worst-mods/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.