3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1288349D-ED61-4E33-9F3C-51C9FF2EAC80 (resized).jpeg
    DSC00620 (resized).JPG
    DSC00549 (resized).JPG
    6b5e026dbf051a82795319de010deacc22ceb664 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

What is the best all terrain pinball dolly? Have to take multiple pins out of my walk in basement, through some mud/dirt and up a hill. Anyone faced this before and have good solutions? I use a plain old dolly with pneumatic wheels. Feels unstable and I'm just seeing if anyone has better ideas.

#2 3 months ago

I'd look into four wheel garden carts with big fat tires that you could rest the bottom of the pin on.

LTG : )

#3 3 months ago

I got this one. It is similar to a Harbor Freight big wheel dolly, but has a longer frame. That gets some frame sticking up past the pin. These bigger tires are needed in an all terrain situation. A guy on here had a hub break out on his HF big wheel dolly. This northern tool one has the same tires and rims as far as I know. Looks like it is a good idea to keep an eye on them apparently.

6b5e026dbf051a82795319de010deacc22ceb664 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 months ago

Depending on how soft the muddy ground is, I might consider putting down some cheap plywood so there's at least somewhat of a solid surface to travel over.

As for the hill, how steep? If it's significant, maybe consider a make-shift sled of some sort and pull the game up the hill (assuming the ground is slick with moisture/snow)

#6 3 months ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

through some mud/dirt and up a hill

Also hopefully a buddy can help just to stabilize things a bit and help push it up that hill.

#7 3 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Depending on how soft the muddy ground is, I might consider putting down some cheap plywood so there's at least somewhat of a solid surface to travel over.
    As for the hill, how steep? If it's significant, maybe consider a make-shift sled of some sort and pull the game up the hill (assuming the ground is slick with moisture/snow)

Thanks all for the suggestions! That linked cart looks like exactly what I need +/- plywood. Case closed!

#8 3 months ago

A small flat-bed trailer and pull it up there with the lawn mower.

DSC00549 (resized).JPGDSC00620 (resized).JPG
    #9 3 months ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

Thanks all for the suggestions! That linked cart looks like exactly what I need +/- plywood. Case closed!

Two things I would do with the hand cart--make sure to wrap up your games in stretch wrap to water proof them in case they tip over. Second, use a couple of straps and strap the game to the cart. It's easier to tip a toppled game back into the correct position when it's still attached to a cart, rather than to try to place the game back on the cart after it's fallen off. Also, don't forget some padding on the corners of your game where the straps make contact to prevent damage from rubbing or compression.

#10 3 months ago

I got one like this from Harbor Freight for my all terrain needs. I occasionally use it flat when I'm working on a cabinet, so I can move it around my basement.
    1288349D-ED61-4E33-9F3C-51C9FF2EAC80 (resized).jpeg

#11 3 months ago

New holland TC 33D front loader and clip on bucket forks work's very well . Lots layers commercial grade cardboard and cargo straps to keep game from secure from shifting or cabinet damage . Move the games . Unclip the bucket forks and use tractor to do all your yard work. Win win .Likely can rent something similar at SUNBELT if in your area . Cost rental a small fee compare to blown out back or knee.
    Have safe and great day ! Shane

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

A guy on here had a hub break out on his HF big wheel dolly.

That happened to me also. Probably due to moving logs more than pins. Slowly got more wobbly and more wobbly until it broke completely. So at least there was some warning.

#13 3 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's what we did all the time at the operator I used to work for. We'd lay down several old sheets of 3/4" thick plywood end-to-end to make a stabile path to move the equipment on. This worked very well for moving pool tables, jukeboxes, video arcade games, and pinball machines. You won't sink in the mud this way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Williamson Pinball Mods
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 79.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 129.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside