Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 1.32.10 AM (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    received_289931526606948 (resized).jpeg
    277504190_10159844154016000_4600805442516462591_n.jpg
    47289580-75F9-4E9E-8C40-DA1AEDCAE146 (resized).jpeg
    Led_Zeppelin_-_Coda (resized).jpg
    rock (resized).jpg
    9F239C44-64FE-472B-BA42-FB2D96FE7ECF (resized).jpeg
    4CB5CBA5-3305-403C-95E3-747149162D21 (resized).jpeg
    barbara (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4919 (resized).png
    1c9ff955a5833ef8af733f4ce0de6c8218e99c02 (resized).jpeg
    FO-eBFcWUAsTyoM (resized).jpg
    8FCB5230-03FD-4DDF-8BF6-A3A2BB1B1912 (resized).jpeg
    AAP02Pd (resized).jpg
    F8D5EC65-5F4D-4735-B55C-E197BFCB880D (resized).jpeg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 2 years ago

Wow

#2 2 years ago

Ha yup. The “there’s still an Oscar’s?” Crowd missed a fun one!

Thanks Nancy for forcing me to watch it this year!

#3 2 years ago

I think that Will Smith punch was totally staged. They kept the camera far away so no one could tell.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I think that Will Smith punch was totally staged. They kept the camera far away so no one could tell.

He’s out of his mind. You can’t stage that !

Fresh prince is on another planet!

#5 2 years ago

Oscar the grouch has his own show?

#6 2 years ago

My kids hated the cover of we don't talk about Bruno. They left out parts, there was extra nonsense added, and the quality was just bad.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I think that Will Smith punch was totally staged.

I thought so too until what Will Smith said afterwards. That didn't look staged. 1:06 into the video.

LTG : )

#8 2 years ago

People believe everything is staged these days.

Remember when Hilton tried to convince us all every NFL game follows a script?

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I think that Will Smith punch was totally staged.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can’t stage that !

Quoted from LTG:

That didn't look staged.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People believe everything is staged these days.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely not staged.

My award goes to…The best “Staging” of a pinball is Spooky’s Halloween

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I thought so too until what Will Smith said afterwards. That didn't look staged. 1:06 into the video.

Absolutely not staged. Look at Lupita Nyong’o as he’s out of control yelling at Rock

#11 2 years ago

Okay, what man throws a slap? Honestly?

#12 2 years ago

Maybe a few years from now, they can run this in a tough guy Oscar highlight reel along with the classic Jack Palance one arm push ups!

#13 2 years ago

The joke was in bad taste. Jada, Will's wife, is suffering from alopecia. I think that joke was too tough and Will wasn't having it...

#14 2 years ago

Good on him for sticking up for his wife. Sometimes the comic is just not funny when he goes too far and makes it personal.

No way it was staged when you look at how Chris reacted afterwards compared to before. He was struggling to regain composure.

#15 2 years ago

Initiating violence in response to words is bad. You might say to yourself "In this case it's justified", but other people have their own scenarios where they think initiating violence is justified that you might not agree with. So what's best for everyone is for everyone to look at the big picture and not initiate violence even when you think an exception to non-violence is called for, thereby creating a culture where others do the same.

#16 2 years ago

The only hit Will has had in the last few years.

#17 2 years ago

And then the law suits will hit. No way it ends there.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

Initiating violence in response to words is bad. You might say to yourself "In this case it's justified", but other people have their own scenarios where they think initiating violence is justified that you might not agree with. So what's best for everyone is for everyone to look at the big picture and not initiate violence even when you think an exception to non-violence is called for, thereby creating a culture where others do the same.

Agree but in the heat of the moment I guess he wasn’t thinking.

#19 2 years ago

I agree Will was put in a tough position with that GI Jane 2 reference.
    For Chris Rock to make fun of his spouse or someone close to you, esp. family when they have a medical or personal issue like Jada does.
    I would agree that the punch/slap was too much of a response but it was just one of those "Oh no, you didn't say that in front of the world and I'm not just gonna sit here and take that!" Roast type comedy maybe if it was about Will, man to man, but it was about his spouse and he wasn't having it.

#20 2 years ago

The most embarrassing thing about the Oscars wasn't Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. It was Will Smith winning an Oscar for best actor.

#21 2 years ago

Will Smith has been a bit bat shit crazy ever since he met Tom Cruise.
    Award shows are a joke, and even more so if they can’t take one.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

Good on him for sticking up for his wife. Sometimes the comic is just not funny when he goes too far and makes it personal.

Never mind the fact that Will Smith was actually laughing before the camera cut away?
    His wife must have given him "the look"

Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere:
    Why did Will Smith slap Chris Rock?
    Because paper always beats rock.

#23 2 years ago

Shame Will Smith wasn't at the TPF, Mirco TOTAN 2.0, seminar instead of the Oscars this week.

#24 2 years ago

Great, just what we need right now, more violence displayed to the world. Jada rolled her eyes over a bad joke was enough to drive him from cool, calm and laughing manner to bat shit crazy walking up the stage and slapping the host of a live worldwide televised show in 2 seconds flat? What else does anyone need to see how beta male Will Smith truly is? Given Jada had been reported cheating on him multiple times, so her honor is not even there for him to defend. Plus they all know Chris, so not like some guy just walked up to him to insult his wife for no reason.

#25 2 years ago

Jada Pinkett has finally broken Will Smith.
    She has sex with other guys and then broadcasts it to the world with her nut job mother. And both of these screwballs live under his roof and their lives are subsidized by assets he earned.
    Sad.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The most embarrassing thing about the Oscars wasn't Will Smith slapping Chris Rock. It was Will Smith winning an Oscar for best actor.

And then crying and babbling for a hour after winning it.What the hell is wrong with the dude?
    I knew the Oscars was bullshit a couple of years ago when that movie Moonlight beat out Hell or high water!!!

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Okay, what man throws a slap? Honestly?

He obviously didn't learn anything after filming Ali

I'm sure it would be a different story if The Rock had said it , instead of Chris Rock .

#28 2 years ago

typical

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

He obviously didn't learn anything after filming Ali
    I'm sure it would be a different story if The Rock had said it , instead of Chris Rock .

Big difference between a bitch slap and a punch. I think the shaming of a slap sent the message… tho physical violence is never the answer. Will Smith got his point across and sat down - he easily could have punched the guy, which probably would have ended up with a larger physical confrontation.

#30 2 years ago

Wow
    Gold !

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Will Smith got his point across and sat down - he easily could have punched the guy, which probably would have ended up with a larger physical confrontation.

I think the slap made Will Smith look weak .
    Violence is what you turn to , if you can't beat someone mentally , especially on someone smaller than you .

#32 2 years ago

Chris Rock is a comedian and known for telling insensitive jokes…but this was not the place/audience for those jokes. Now what Will Smith did was not cool either…better ways to handle it.

#33 2 years ago

Can you imagine if it had been Samuel instead of Will? Ho Ho Oh Nelly!

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

My award goes to…The best “Staging” of a pinball is Spooky’s Halloween

I would agree.
    They did have a life-size Michael Myers standing behind a bush staged at TPF.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Chris Rock is a comedian and known for telling insensitive jokes…but this was not the place/audience for those jokes. Now what Will Smith did was not cool either…better ways to handle it.

I guess it's all how you go about it .

#36 2 years ago

It was fake. Dying ratings show is pulling a stunt to make themselves more relevant. Unfortunately I see its working. Its a shame I like both Chris Rock and Will Smith.

#37 2 years ago

there’s still an Oscar’s?

#38 2 years ago

Will went Twisted Tea and PG County on Chris. Too Soon?

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 8.38.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-28 at 8.38.33 AM (resized).png
    #39 2 years ago
    Quoted from jokerpoker:

No way it was staged when you look at how Chris reacted afterwards compared to before. He was struggling to regain composure.

Regain composure? Rock handled it like a boss and a pro. And will smith started crying because he made a fool of himself on the grandest stage on arguably what should have been the best night of his professional life. What a terrible, embarrassing blunder. And a deportable act.

It was a disgusting display and I feel bad for Smith, Rock and us for having had to witness it. There’s no justification. None.

#40 2 years ago

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared

#41 2 years ago

The response was way over the top for the joke. Will was laughing at first until he gauged Jada's eye roll and then he began to get outraged. There's no way someone up for an Oscar would embarrass themselves like that and double down shouting profanity. Getting his Oscar finally is always going to be an embarrassing memory for him and his family.

#42 2 years ago

Cuck is always gonna cuck.

#43 2 years ago

Didn't watch the Oscars this year and feel like I missed nothing.

I was in my hotel room still recovering from the TWIPYs.

#44 2 years ago

The only thing that comes to mind is from now on oscars will always have bodyguards on stage to prevent anything like that happening again.

Who knows maybe in a couple of years red carpet will include metal detector body scans lol

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I think the slap made Will Smith look weak .
    Violence is what you turn to , if you can't beat someone mentally , especially on someone smaller than you .

Violence is what you turn to when life or limb are on the line. Anything else just shows the weakness, poor judgement and lack of self control of the perpetrator.

#46 2 years ago
    F8D5EC65-5F4D-4735-B55C-E197BFCB880D (resized).jpegF8D5EC65-5F4D-4735-B55C-E197BFCB880D (resized).jpeg
    #47 2 years ago

Thank goodness Chris Rock didn't pick on Alec Baldwin's wife.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Thank goodness Chris Rock didn't pick on Alec Baldwin's wife.

If that were the case, we wouldn't be debating whether it was real or staged. We'd be talking about what a racist Alec Baldwin is.

It would be awesome if it was staged, especially since everyone is convinced that it was real. Everything is so sanitized today and Twitterized that an Andy Kaufman type stunt just to upset and/or confuse "the man" would be very welcome.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

If that were the case, We'd be talking about what a racist Alec Baldwin is..

Right! Cause some people just have to make EVERYTHING about race!

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised this thread quickly became a clearinghouse for dumb conspiracy theories, people whining about wokeness, and folks bringing up race for no particular reason.

It’s 2022 after all. If only someone could mention women’s college sports….wait I just did. BINGO!!!

#50 2 years ago

Juwan Howard is jealous

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-academy-awards-oscars-show-in-history?hl=damen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.