Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 1.32.10 AM (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    received_289931526606948 (resized).jpeg
    277504190_10159844154016000_4600805442516462591_n.jpg
    47289580-75F9-4E9E-8C40-DA1AEDCAE146 (resized).jpeg
    Led_Zeppelin_-_Coda (resized).jpg
    rock (resized).jpg
    9F239C44-64FE-472B-BA42-FB2D96FE7ECF (resized).jpeg
    4CB5CBA5-3305-403C-95E3-747149162D21 (resized).jpeg
    barbara (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4919 (resized).png
    1c9ff955a5833ef8af733f4ce0de6c8218e99c02 (resized).jpeg
    FO-eBFcWUAsTyoM (resized).jpg
    8FCB5230-03FD-4DDF-8BF6-A3A2BB1B1912 (resized).jpeg
    AAP02Pd (resized).jpg
    F8D5EC65-5F4D-4735-B55C-E197BFCB880D (resized).jpeg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Okay, what man throws a slap? Honestly?

Only real men know the power of the glove slap.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right! Cause some people make EVERYTHING about race!
    I guess we shouldn’t be surprised this thread quickly became a clearinghouse for dumb conspiracy theories, people whining about wokeness, and folks bringing up race for no particular reason.
    It’s 2022 after all. If only someone could mention gender politics….wait I just did. BINGO!!!

Or we could talk about the self-righteous who price their games in an outrageous fashion, who sit here all day casting dispersions on others while insinuating what a pillar of the pinball community they are. We could talk about how some people have an opinion about everything and even when they are called out on being indisputably wrong, they suddenly clam up for the first time in their lives.

#53 2 years ago

Best Academy Awards show this Year maybe.Ever nope.Real classy these days.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Or we could talk about the self-righteous who price their games in an outrageous fashion, who sit here all day casting dispersions on others while insinuating what a pillar of the pinball community they are. We could talk about how some people have an opinion about everything and even when they are called out on being indisputably wrong, they suddenly clam up for the first time in their lives.

Why would we talk about any of that stuff when we can bring up race for absolutely no reason at all, all the time, and then also complain about everybody bringing up race all the time?

#55 2 years ago

Best acceptance speech/sign was probably the guy who spoke with his hands.Funny Man.

#56 2 years ago

I;m sorry, I thought this years Oscar's were the worst I've ever seen. THe hosts were terrible, Nobody should have to sit thru a Beyonce song, jokes sucked, Will Smith proved to the world that he is a untalented, petty, bull shit slinging punk.
    What a waste, get STEVE Martin to do the show. Get Chris Rock to MC next year and tell him to do his thing except stay away from someone's medical problems. nothing funny there anyway.
    If I want funny, all I have to do is look outside, I live in Florida.
    Where were all the real actors anyway? Remember when everybody in Hollywood attended this thing? Remember when the hosts were actually funny? Remember when "Shakespear in Love" won best picture over "Saving Private Ryan"?

AAP02Pd (resized).jpgAAP02Pd (resized).jpg
    #57 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How is it possible you made it through that entire post without mentioning race?!
    Someone do a wellness check on us and then please.

Are you suggesting that if it was Alec Baldwin, and not Will Smith, who had gotten up and slapped Chris Rock, that the tenor of the debate would be exactly the same as it is now? Or are you just looking for a way to call me a racist? I mean, I didn't call you a sexist when you suggested that Pat Benetar couldn't handle her own affairs and was defenseless against her husband, Neil Giraldo, even though everything you said in your cocksure post on the subject was blatantly incorrect. Interestingly enough, that was the first time that I ever responded to you on something and you didn't respond back.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why would we talk about any of that stuff when we can bring up race for absolutely no reason at all, all the time, and then also complain about everybody bringing up race all the time?

"All the time"? That's a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? Granted, my sample size on posting is quite a bit (okay a lot a bit) less than yours, but I that's a bit extreme.

#58 2 years ago

This incident, this thread, Twitter, all confirm my hypothesis: our society is doomed. Bring on the zombie apocalypse!

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

This incident, this thread, Twitter, all confirm my hypothesis: our society is doomed. Bring on the zombie apocalypse!

Who needs a zombie apocalypse when we already have one of pure stupidity going on for the past decade

#60 2 years ago

in before the end

IBTE

#61 2 years ago

I like to watch TV.

#62 2 years ago

Beat show ever. No class from Will!! Typical behavior now a days. Such an idiot. I would love Chris to roast him now on cable TV! That would be great!!

#63 2 years ago

Fing Hollywood

#64 2 years ago

They'll probably make a movie out of the incident in a few years, and some unknown will win an Oscar for playing Will Smith.

#65 2 years ago

He took what would have been the crowning moment of his career, his first Oscar, and replaced it with 'the slap', and any time his Oscar comes up it will be "Oh, right, when his wife eye rolled he walked up on stage and bitch slapped Chris Rock".

#66 2 years ago

But isn’t Will Smith a hero for defending his wife’s honor?!

#67 2 years ago

All I got.

8FCB5230-03FD-4DDF-8BF6-A3A2BB1B1912 (resized).jpeg8FCB5230-03FD-4DDF-8BF6-A3A2BB1B1912 (resized).jpeg
    #68 2 years ago

"Unity! That was cold blooded!"

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

He took what would have been the crowning moment of his career, his first Oscar, and replaced it with 'the slap', and any time his Oscar comes up it will be "Oh, right, when his wife eye rolled he walked up on stage and bitch slapped Chris Rock".

Too bad he didn't take a few moments during his (weird) speech and talk about his wife's aliments instead of smacking Chris Rock.

#70 2 years ago

What a shit show. Sign of the times unfortunately.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Regain composure? Rock handled it like a boss and a pro. And will smith started crying because he made a fool of himself on the grandest stage on arguably what should have been the best night of his professional life. What a terrible, embarrassing blunder. And a deportable act.
    It was a disgusting display and I feel bad for Smith, Rock and us for having had to witness it. There’s no justification. None.

I think you meant deplorable act sir, not deportable....LOL

#72 2 years ago

If he would have just walked up and asked CR to apologize to his wife and then went back to his wife and walked out it would have made an impact other than the circus act that it was

#73 2 years ago

It looked like Chris Rock put his hands behind his back and leaned forward as Will Smith was walking up.I feel sorry for whoever thinks this garbage is real,it’s all a big distraction.

#74 2 years ago

Clearly this was covids fault.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

I think you meant deplorable act sir, not deportable....LOL

Haha. Maybe we should run him out if the country on a rail! But yeah, you’re correct.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damen:

It looked like Chris Rock put his hands behind his back and leaned forward as Will Smith was walking up.I feel sorry for whoever thinks this garbage is real,it’s all a big distraction.

Wut? A distraction from what? It was real dude.

#77 2 years ago

Shows what a weak ass cuck Will Smith is. I would bet he slaps his wife, kids, staff. No composure, no excuse.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Shows what a weak ass cuck Will Smith is. I would bet he slaps his wife, kids, staff. No composure, no excuse.

hes no Sidney Poitier

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damen:

It was real. It’s silly to think this was staged. Will’s anger was not an act.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

It was real. It’s silly to think this was staged. Will’s anger was not an act.

It’s silly when you try to figure out who benefits. The only people that benefit are the tabloids and entertainment television. Not the academy, Will Smith, Chris Rock, or Hollywood in general. So unless the tabloids paid both Smith and Rock to put on the most ridiculous show, I don’t understand why it would be fake.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

It’s silly when you try to figure out who benefits. The only people that benefit are the tabloids and entertainment television. Not the academy, Will Smith, Chris Rock, or Hollywood in general. So unless the tabloids paid both Smith and Rock to put on the most ridiculous show, I don’t understand why it would be fake.

Plus why would these two embarrass themselves and take away attention from all the other actors and industry members.

#82 2 years ago

Most conspiracy theorists are prone to idiocy.

Their delusional, ridiculous theories never make a lick of sense.

#83 2 years ago

Plus why would these two embarrass themselves and take away attention from all the other actors and industry members.

Blawwhahahahahah!

#84 2 years ago

And nobody is talking about the winner movie "Coda". For me one of the best and funniest movies in a long time!

#85 2 years ago

The woke oscars and anything else woke can bite me.

#86 2 years ago

The worst of it, his son is gloating on social media. As if this is how a “man” acts…

#87 2 years ago

Good thing Rock didn't make fun of Smith's kid Jayden being a horrible actor (which he is) or he mighta given him a left hook instead.

#88 2 years ago
    FO-eBFcWUAsTyoM (resized).jpgFO-eBFcWUAsTyoM (resized).jpg
    #89 2 years ago

I wonder if Jussie Smolette is going to say that Will hit him?

#90 2 years ago

Can we just declare March as Alopecia awareness month?

#91 2 years ago

The academy awards has always been a celebration of self entitled idiots.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:I wonder if Jussie Smolette is going to say that Will hit him?

He's already pressed charges
    I stole this from the other Will Smith thread .

1c9ff955a5833ef8af733f4ce0de6c8218e99c02 (resized).jpeg1c9ff955a5833ef8af733f4ce0de6c8218e99c02 (resized).jpeg
    #93 2 years ago

Mutual admiration society. Have no need!

Where else does a profession get together and throw a big party for themselves to congratulate what a great job they did and then have it televised live? Certainly not in my line of work and probably not in others.

A bunch of clowns being clowns. Sorry for the dis to clowns!

#94 2 years ago

"It appears Will Smith's marriage is open to everything except jokes."

- Ghost of Norm MacDonald

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The woke oscars and anything else woke can bite me.

What is the definition of this? I have never been able to figure it out.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most conspiracy theorists are prone to idiocy.
    Their delusional, ridiculous theories never make a lick of sense.

This sounds like how our government has painted UFO witnesses over the last 75 years. Is believing our government disseminates disinformation being a conspiracy theorist? You are starting to sound like a federal agent.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Are you suggesting that if it was Alec Baldwin, and not Will Smith, who had gotten up and slapped Chris Rock, that the tenor of the debate would be exactly the same as it is now? Or are you just looking for a way to call me a racist? I mean, I didn't call you a sexist when you suggested that Pat Benetar couldn't handle her own affairs and was defenseless against her husband, Neil Giraldo, even though everything you said in your cocksure post on the subject was blatantly incorrect. Interestingly enough, that was the first time that I ever responded to you on something and you didn't respond back.

"All the time"? That's a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? Granted, my sample size on posting is quite a bit (okay a lot a bit) less than yours, but I that's a bit extreme.

You guys missed the Alec Baldwin joke. Alec would have popped a cap instead of a slap.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

And nobody is talking about the winner movie "Coda". For me one of the best and funniest movies in a long time!

Hmm, never heard of it.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

This sounds like how our government has painted UFO witnesses over the last 75 years. Is believing our government disseminates disinformation being a conspiracy theorist? You are starting to sound like a federal agent.

Ok! So where we?

#100 2 years ago

Ok so I'm trying to see if I got it all straight:

-Oscars are woke, and woke is bad so nobody likes Oscars anymore and ratings are bad

-woke is bad and everybody hates woke, therefore the woke Oscars are desperate

-they staged this slap to help reverse the spiraling ratings, even though that makes absolutely zero fucking sense since the Oscars have happened already and ratings can't be affected. Like, wouldn't it have made more sense to have Smith slap Rock a week ago, and then spend the week hyping up the fact that they'll both be there so the ratings would be better? Also, slapping people in the face isn't very woke, so doesn't that run contrary to previous assertions of wokeness, which we've been told is both why the Oscars exist and also why the ratings are bad? If they are going to sacrifice being woke for ratings, why not just stop being woke - outlaw all wokeness - and watch the ratings once again rise to unwoke 1974 levels?

-the slap conspiracy won't matter anyway because the Oscars are woke and nobody will ever watch them again regardless of these stunts. Also, people are way too smart these days to fall for such bush league publicity stunts - we may have reached the peak of human intelligence in 2022!!

-woke is bad

-if Will Smith were white and/or Alec Baldwin, people would be saying woke things about it!

-the government hides UFOs, perhaps using both wokeness and the Oscars as cover

Did I get that all right? It's kind of hard to get it all straight since it's all so goddamn dumb.

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-academy-awards-oscars-show-in-history/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.