Thank-You (resized).jpeg
IMG_8982 (resized).JPG
IMG_8994 (resized).JPG
CDDFAC15-0F3F-462F-AB99-6B22986CCB07 (resized).png
shadowphone (resized).jpg
A23E132D-3111-4B25-92A1-17D808E02721 (resized).jpeg
071E8950-530E-4FAA-913A-8F25E137A2BF.gif
90's.jpg

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 1 year ago

Hi there,

What's your favorite/best 90's pinball around $4-6K?
If you could only keep one…

E.g., Judge Dredd Demolition Man Jurassic Park Dirty Harry Baywatch Goldeneye Last Action Hero Twister Popeye Saves the Earth

Your input is much appreciated!

90's.jpg90's.jpg

#2 1 year ago

Best bang for your buck is Baywatch. I’ve seen a few around $3000-3500 recently. Fun layout

A23E132D-3111-4B25-92A1-17D808E02721 (resized).jpegA23E132D-3111-4B25-92A1-17D808E02721 (resized).jpeg
#3 1 year ago

under 5k stipulation.. I'd go JP. Congo will probably go north of that but I'd rather have congo if they were side by side.

#4 1 year ago

Are all of these priced around 5k now?

071E8950-530E-4FAA-913A-8F25E137A2BF.gif071E8950-530E-4FAA-913A-8F25E137A2BF.gif

#5 1 year ago

#EATPM or Rollergames and #No Fear combo

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wow - are these all around 5k now?
[quoted image]

More or less around $5,000. It's a seller's market. No wonder, since the big manufacturers charge exorbitant prices for new machines these days.

I guess pinballs have proven to be a good investment over the years. Maybe even recession proof, similar to gold!?

I've heard stories of people whose collections have doubled in value in the last 4-5 years.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

under 5k stipulation.. I'd go JP. Congo will probably go north of that but I'd rather have congo if they were side by side.

Noted, Congo is more around the 7-8k range.

#9 1 year ago

Bsd

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Noted, Congo is more around the 7-8k range.

Even if it is, Congo gets old… FAST! Probably the most deserving game of a 2.0 software rewrite. Layout is a 10. Long term replay-ability is a 3.

#12 1 year ago

What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with the responses?

#13 1 year ago

BSD. Triple multi-ball makes all the brutal games so worth it.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

What exactly are you hoping to accomplish with the responses?

Making a buying decision, I am leaning towards certain familiar games like Baywatch. But the input is very interesting. I never thought of The Shadow or Dracula. And that Congo is very desirable but may get boring quickly. Getting responses from such experienced members is fantastic. After all, many owned a few of these titles at some point...

#15 1 year ago

World Cup Soccer

#16 1 year ago

Getaway
BSD
Shadow

#17 1 year ago

WCS94 is the top bang for the buck in a WPC. Maybe Getaway as well.

#18 1 year ago

Looking back at all the years playing these games Jurassic Park sticks out as the one I had the most fun with!

#19 1 year ago

From the choices it would be Dirty Harry for me easy, with Shadow cumming in second skeet. But I'm not a big BSD fan.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Best bang for your buck is Baywatch. I’ve seen a few around $3000-3500 recently. Fun layout [quoted image]

Baywatch is a personal favorite of mine, and I feel it's an underrated game. I was under the impression that BW, as well as some of the other machines listed above are currently the best value for money. However, the BW offered around the 3500 range appear to require quite a bit of work.

#21 1 year ago

I looked for a mid 90’s for a vacation home and I was told No Fear was a fun game. Not on your list though.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

appear to require quite a bit of work.

Half the fun of hobby ... get some sweat equity!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Half the fun of hobby ... get some sweat equity!

100% and I am excited about that! Else I’d just pay a bit more and get myself a new Cactus Canyon. I admit I’ve some experience with automotive experiments and, well, hope to get something in the $4-5 range that doesn’t come with a major fault. If I had more experience, I could probably cut a deal at an auction.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Shadow, duh.

Wow, BSD and The Shadow are getting quite a bit of love. Definitely very popular games; they also seem to trade above 6k these days...

#25 1 year ago

Probably in the minority here, but from those games I would take World Cup Soccer any day.

#26 1 year ago

NGG is fun and around $5k… good deal for a wpc95 these days.

Wish I bought BSD, shadow, Congo back when they were cheap $2k games.

#27 1 year ago

I don't quite see it with BSD - the Shadow theme is a dud for me.

Sleeper title for me is Judge Dredd. Lot of great shots, fun modes, and the super game option to throw in a curveball to change it up vs the regular game. I miss mine.

It's never been ranked as well, but I think it is better than most other 90's games, and is a bargain vs the others.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Hi there,
What's your favorite/best 90's pinball around $4-6K?
If you could only keep one…

One of my favorites and I'd keep it if I could.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Fully working Williams Flintstones in very nice condition! Current mods/upgrades include: • Color DMD • Tilt Graphics art blades • BriteSound yellow speaker lights • Br...”
2022-11-10
Kitsap, WASHINGTON
6,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 509 times

#29 1 year ago

On your list you have several games closer to the bottom of the budget and several closer to the top of the budget.
Overall best in your list I would say The Shadow but most are going to be north of 6k.
Best overall bang for your buck Judge Dredd. You should be able to get a 100% working game with some minor cosmetic issues for around $3,500. Lots of Mechs, flippers, ramps, modes and multiballs. 3 different multiballs in the regular game and 4 different multiballs in the super game but having to play most modes in single ball play it’s not an overly multiball heavy game and all the modes score well enough to be worth playing and force you to shoot the entire playfield which is a TON of shots.
Honorable mentions for being a fun game without breaking the bank go to World Cup Soccer and Jurassic Park.

#30 1 year ago

I would buy a getaway and put a pinsound on it. Besides being a good game there are like 30+ sound packages to try.

#31 1 year ago

Shadow is the goat.

#32 1 year ago

Everyone else is wrong. The correct answer is clearly Road Show. Loaded. Shaker, 4 flippers, 2 ramps with 3 diverters, second plunger/flying rocks skillshot, two talking heads. I originally got it because it was a good deal and I couldn’t wait to get rid of Judge Dredd and the plan was to see if I actually liked it or if I was gonna hold for a bit and then move it. It is solidly one of my favorites in my game room.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Making a buying decision, I am leaning towards certain familiar games like Baywatch. But the input is very interesting. I never thought of The Shadow or Dracula. And that Congo is very desirable but may get boring quickly. Getting responses from such experienced members is fantastic. After all, many owned a few of these titles at some point...

Why are you letting others make this decision for you? The truth is that no one else’s opinion is necessarily going to coincide with your own. None of the titles you mentioned are bad except for maybe DE Jurassic Park. To me, that game is total dogshit and a chore to play. Others think it’s amazing. Pinball people are a fickle bunch. You be you and just take time to seek out and play the games on your list and decide after you play each of them as many times as you need. You will just know “the one” when it hits you. I could explain what I don’t and do like about every single game you listed but in the end, it’s really a waste of time because those opinions are mine alone.

#34 1 year ago

Another vote for baywatch.

Shadow is the best game in that list for sure, but u doubt you’ll find many for 6k.

#35 1 year ago

I just sold a clean Baywatch for 3100. They are pretty affordable for a packed DMD game right now.

I’d personally look for a wcs94 or dredd over it though. All of these games are worth playing or buying at some point.

#36 1 year ago

You’re missing NBA Fastbreak (1997) on your list. Average price is about $4000.

Great shots, fun wizard mode, and lots of replay value. Excellent two player game too.

#37 1 year ago

Probably going against the spirit of your 90s theme...but if it doesn't have to be a 90s game, Star Trek Pro is consistently in the 4-6 range and one of Sterns best IMO.

I miss my Baywatch the most out of the games I've sold, so if you already know you like it, that seems like a slam dunk. Probably the best Sega with a great layout, looks awesome with the color dmd, and the Chad code really polished up the rules.

#38 1 year ago

Of this list, Shadow and BSD are my favorites.

Ended up selling Shadow and keeping BSD, so Dracula wins my vote by a slim margin.

#39 1 year ago

I picked up a Jack-Bot recently. I like games with risk/reward and the gambling theme is up my alley. May be worth a look as they're not terribly expensive at the moment. Not too many made though.

#40 1 year ago

I voted Shadow but surprised Getaway only got a few votes so far.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I voted Shadow but surprised Getaway only got a few votes so far.

I think Getaway was just added. I changed my vote.

#42 1 year ago

I love BSD, WCS, and Getaway.

Never actually played a Shadow but I know it gets a lot of love around here.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Everyone else is wrong. The correct answer is clearly Road Show. Loaded. Shaker, 4 flippers, 2 ramps with 3 diverters, second plunger/flying rocks skillshot, two talking heads. I originally got it because it was a good deal and I couldn’t wait to get rid of Judge Dredd and the plan was to see if I actually liked it or if I was gonna hold for a bit and then move it. It is solidly one of my favorites in my game room.

Oddly, as much as I love Funhouse, Roadshow just didn't do it for me.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oddly, as much as I love Funhouse, Roadshow just didn't do it for me.

It should be a great pin, but it suffers from widebody syndrome.

#45 1 year ago

two heads are not always better than one

#46 1 year ago
#47 1 year ago

BSD. Game is brutal but good games are so rewarding. Hard to find a nice one without a planked playfield and faded cabinet.

#48 1 year ago

TFTC is fantastic, but a Pinsound is recommended to cut down on the giggles and eliminate the DE speaker buzz. I miss mine!

But from your list, Shadow.

#49 1 year ago

Find a Maverick and save some money. I can't get into World Cup Soccer for some reason. Get Away is awesome. My pick would be to search high and low for a Star Trek Pro. I know I want one.

#50 1 year ago

It would be tough to find a nice Shadow for 6K nowadays. My vote would be No Fear!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-90s-pinball-around-5k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.