4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

Best line up to please pinheads and non-pinheads alike, for a fun-filled evening. I’ll start.

WW
    AFM
    WCS94
    LOTR
    Beatles

#2 4 months ago

Good list but I’d sub LOTR for TNA.
    It wasn’t as fun solo but a good add for parties.

#3 4 months ago

I hear, ya. LOTR just has broader theme appeal and some wow factor with the Balrog and what not. But TNA is killer.

#4 4 months ago

For me
    Afmr
    Gotg w/ Cleland sound
    Black knight
    Lotr
    Any old stern game

My wife
    Bride of pinbot
    Metallica
    Addam's family
    Big lewbowski
    Spider-man

#5 4 months ago

My personal party lineup would be games that are easy to understand, with short ball times, to keep people moving around. I see multiple people recommending LOTR, but my thinking is anything programmed by Keefer or that is aimed at 45 minute games is out. That's just not a party game to me, that's a solo experience, and overly complicated. Not very satisfying for new players, too long for experienced ones. To each their own.

My list would be something like this:

Mystic - Good theme, easy to understand, relatively forgiving without long ball times, setting up the 3 in a row inserts with the drop targets is intuitive and easy to grasp while still being "so close, next time" to encourage another game

Attack from Mars - IMO still the best "shoot up the middle" fan layout game ever made. Easy to grasp, great theme, but the main shot is dangerous enough that ball times aren't long. Good humor and sounds, good rules for better players who grasp more than just starting multiball

Total Nuclear Annihilation - The best modern brutal game ever made, killer sound package, co-op rules for teaming up experienced and new players

Elvira and the Party Monsters - Several system 11s could work here, same reasons, modern enough to provide multiballs and more sounds, simple enough to not need a rulebook to explain how to play. Elvira not for more prudish parties maybe, but great theme if that's not a concern and my personal fav of that era

Addam's Family This is the game that will get people coming up to you telling you how they remember it from X. The most made modern pin is the one the most people will have experienced and will have an emotional reaction to

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-5-pinball-party-line-up- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.