(Topic ID: 180929)

Best $3000 pin?

By stpcore

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 7 years ago

BSD, Shadow, JM. All amazing pins.

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

It's not a bad game at all and I love the art and the odd layout... but I grew tired of it once I mastered the shots, along with multiball. It took me many months of tweaking the game to make it play perfect. Once it did play perfect, I was able to completely destroy it over and over again. I installed the new code and my scores were even higher. Traveled through the wizard mode a few times, almost completed all the modes twice in one game. The call outs were not amusing after playing the game a few hundred times and I rarely went back to it, once I decided that I had accomplished all that the game had to offer.
    Again, those are just my opinions, after owning the game for ~5 years. However, I don't feel the same way about EATPM or Dredd, after playing them 100's of times. Yes, my opinion on how good those games are has changed as well, over time. But it really says a lot about the design of the game and the small things in a game that are overlooked when you are gathering your initial impressions of a game. Shot design, humor, reliability, dots, music, they all shake out better, over time. The fun factor and your opinion of any given machine changes, after a few 100 plays, not matter the title.

Totally agree. For me, an opinion on a pinball machine needs a hundred plays as a minimum, better more. I cannot care less of opinions of people who played a game 10/20/40 times. You do not know a game by then, at all.

Or at least we should distinguish between location play and home play. Its EXTREMELY important distinguishing the two. I really think all scores should be divided in those two categories, hence less than 200 plays, and more than 200 plays. MM scores high in the first category, its a terrific game for the first 100 games, maybe the best really. But owners know (but do not admit because of the price they paid for it) that after couple of hundreds games the dream is over.
    Get a BSD: you will never get tired of it, even after thousands of plays.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-3000-pin?tu=luppin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.