(Topic ID: 180929)

Best $3000 pin?

By stpcore

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 7 years ago

I'd say Dredd, hands down, but you've already owned that one.
    Corvette, surprisingly, can be had in that range and is one of the most underrated games now. Demo Man, Roadshow, World Cup Soccer, Dracula, Shadow if you can find one that cheap, are all good options.

Also, if you have space you could get two solid alphanumeric titles. Any two of the following: Pinbot, High Speed, Atlantis, players Whirlwind, F14, Space Station, Taxi.... if you're not terribly hung up on condition, there are tons of great options.

Also, you could get 3-4 good early solid state titles. Embryon, Mata Hari, Meteor, one of the better Gottlieb System 1 games, Harlem Globetrotters, Eightball Deluxe LE, Flash, Laserball, Future Spa.... the list of great sub-$1k titles goes on and on and on.

Personally, I'd take this chance to diversify and get a few great earlier games. If you've got space for multiple titles, that's by far your best option.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

There are no legitimate issues. Some people are bw bigots.

It really depends. In the sub-$1500 range for DMDs, you can't do better than Lethal Weapon 3. However, looking at games up to $2000-2500, you can get into a B/W title like Demo Man that blows away most Data East games in that range, except Jurassic Park. Once you get up into the 3s/4s, several B/W games are better than Guns N Roses.

If you throw in Segas and Sterns, you can get into a Nastycar in the low 2s, which is probably more game than most anything else at that price. Also, though I don't have much time on it, Batman Forever seems solid.

Not to say Bally/Williams games are head and shoulders above Data East/Sega/Stern, but good value for money is more readily available with B/W games; probably due in part to higher production numbers.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I know 3K has a ton of options for sure! I would gun for a Simpsons Pinball Party!

That's what you'd gun for at $3k?
    Ready, aim, misfire.

TSPP is closer to $4k. Last one I saw in the low 3s was $3200 two years ago, and needed several playfield mechs worked on (though the boards were solid.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-3000-pin?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.