(Topic ID: 180929)

Best $3000 pin?

By stpcore

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

So I've got room for a 4th pin (currently have Scared Stiff, Hobbit, and Ghostbusters) but not looking to break the bank. Curious to see if anyone would care to offer a recommendation(s) for fun DMD pins in that $3000 range assuming in nice condition?

#3 7 years ago

+1

#5 7 years ago

World Poker Tour

Less than $3K - World Cup Soccer

#6 7 years ago

Not a DMD, but EATPM would compliment SS quite well. One of the best system 11's IMO

#8 7 years ago

The Shadow or RBION

#9 7 years ago

Bsd is awesome......

#10 7 years ago

TFTC, BSD, Shadow, Ripleys, WCS, I500

#11 7 years ago

This is what I was coming here to type.

BSD and WPT also came to mind

#12 7 years ago

Mix it up and introduce a non-DMD. Take you pick from the System 11 lineup (WW, Taxi, Pin*Bot, etc). Heck you may have money left over for a 5th pin that's an EM! DMD wise, Fish Tales and T2 fall below this price point.

#13 7 years ago

Wpt
    Sopranos
    Shadow

#14 7 years ago

Damn it, somebody sell me a DW

#15 7 years ago

Ripley's has been on my watch list but i have yet to play it. I do like Shadow (a friend has one) but I'd like to get something that i dont currently have access to. I considered EATPM but I would like to stick with more recent games (although I do think System 11 pins are fun if I had a bigger collection).

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

#16 7 years ago

CONGO!
    Jackbot!
    RBION!

#17 7 years ago

I've owned an Earthshaker in the past and it was a fun System 11. I just sold my T2. The more recent Stern pins (WPT, RBION, Sopranos, may be where I'm leaning. Hard to find them at 3K in Chicagoland.

#18 7 years ago

Shadow, Judge Dredd, Whirlwind, WCS

#19 7 years ago

NGG if you can get it at this price!

#21 7 years ago

Getaway

#22 7 years ago

Christ seeing people ask close to 3k for these now!

#23 7 years ago

I picked up an Elvis for 3K, and find it to be one of Ritchies Best!

Great game play overlooked by the Title.....

#24 7 years ago

Need more Data East love in here!

#jurassic-park
    Star Wars

#25 7 years ago

BSD or WCS for B/W. SOP or WPT for Stern.

#26 7 years ago

Lots of advice here. Another consideration, one could save some money and have a fun pin in FT.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

Lots of advice here. Another consideration, one could save some money and have a fun pin in FT.

I'm thinking the ramp layout of FT would be a little too similar to Hobbit. That's my main concern there. With a total of 4 games and 2 of them having those 2 center ramps I'm not sure it would be ideal for my particular row.

#28 7 years ago

Funhouse is another great one, but might be harder to find in good shape for <$3k.

#29 7 years ago

JP all the way. I've heard it called the poor mans AF and I'd say that statement is spot on. Had one years ago and loved every minute of it.

#30 7 years ago

Shadow and BSD are my votes, though from what I've seen a decent shadow is over $3k right now. NGG and Congo are definitely over $3k as well...otherwise I'd recommend them. I would put Jurassic Park (assuming the 6.0 roms are installed) on the list for sure! Dredd is a cool game but I just find the layout too complicated/cramped/congested.

#31 7 years ago

Avoid data east

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Avoid data east

Why? Great pins at half the cost

#34 7 years ago

Can I ask what it is about BSD that so many people love? I haven't played it but a local Pinsider invited me to check it out next week.

#35 7 years ago

I'm surprised no one has mentioned RFM. The game really has everything. Great theme, awesome art, tons of modes, rules by Lyman, Keith and Dwight. Yes the game is somewhat linear but it's got way more packed into it than AFM has which costs over twice as much!

#36 7 years ago

RFM is fun to play occasionally (for me) but I don't know that I'd like to own one. I have fun playing that at my friends house but it doesn't have that "one more game" feeling to me. That said I have another buddy who is actively looking for one so I can see that it has its followers for sure.

#37 7 years ago

I have Road Show, The Shadow, and Judge Dredd, I would recommend them all in that order. Just dont get why Road Show doesn't get more love, so much packed into the game and such a satisfying fun game to play, it's a great value.

#38 7 years ago

FT, Getaway, JD for sub 3K, and Congo for upper 3K range

#39 7 years ago

Oh and I'm really enjoying Flintstones at the moment if its all jazzed up.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from ziz:

I have Road Show, The Shadow, and Judge Dredd, I would recommend them all in that order. Just dont get why Road Show doesn't get more love, so much packed into the game and such a satisfying fun game to play, it's a great value.

I like Road Show and I've owned Judge Dredd in the past (which I also liked). As strange as it sounds I think some people shy away from RS because of the talking heads are considered freaky for some people, lol.

#41 7 years ago

I'd vote for Jurassic park. A fun one for sure.

#42 7 years ago

You are right, the heads freak some people out, but at least they are nice funny heads and not creepy as hell Rudy.

I think the main thing people don't like is the linear modes, which for me is one of the best parts of the game. People tend to get bored with games when they see every part of the game frequently, with Road Show the west coast modes are more rare to hit and it always feels rewarding to get those modes, keeps the game fresh.

#43 7 years ago

Bram stokers Dracula by a mile.

#44 7 years ago

BSD, Shadow, Dredd. Take your pick

Not only are they in the price range, but these are the only 90's pins I'd consider owning, for various reasons.

#45 7 years ago

With the latest 4.0 code, TFTC is a great pin, and in great condition, they go for that price.

Here are 10 reasons why this is a great choice...

1.) You own a GB and SS. This will compliment them nicely.

2.) All of the modes encourage you to use every inch and feature of the PF

3.) Ramp bonus missions that are very hard to fully complete

4.) Motorized tombstone bash toy

5.) 2 ball, 3 ball, and two different 6 ball multi-balls, not to mention the "clone" feature for add-a-ball opportunities

6.) The 3 ball MBall has three different jackpots to accomplish, and they get harder as you go to attempt each

7.) The (2) ramps are satisfying to hit, and the right ramp is a tight squeeze, very challenging to master that shot

8.) The final wizard mode is hard to accomplish

9.) The DMD animations are hilarious and the colorDMD, when it comes out, will look phenomenal

10.) Hand drawn artwork all over the game, no photoshop here! And how can you go wrong with art based on the classic comic series. If you're a fan of the HBO show you'll be able to spot the list of celebrities depicted in the translite from their f*cked up episodes on the series.

And as a bonus - it's a theme that can easily trigger nostalgia in guests both young and old, reminding them of their days being young kids scared reading the comics in the 50's and 60's, or watching the HBO show from the 80's and 90's.

#46 7 years ago

2 Rollergames, in case one breaks.

#47 7 years ago

Space Station is a great pin. and you'll probably have some cash left over.

#49 7 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe

#50 7 years ago

Batman Forever and Last Action Hero?

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-3000-pin/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.