pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20211120_014519 (resized).jpg
20200722_153203 (resized).jpg
20200809_161925 (resized).jpg
85D0A6BC-FA59-4043-8580-A524265FD109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0794 (resized).jpeg
BB5D0C22-110D-4C8A-8758-4E0AD757F62E (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Here is my best EM lineup of three machines I’ve had. Solid fun, although it is lacking the fun of a good spinner. I’m a sucker for drop targets. I really like the 4 flippers and playfield layout on El Dorado and Fireball is so cool with the multiball and skill shot. I’m trying to determine if I like Jacks Open or Card Whiz/Royal Flush better.

What do you EM experts consider the best all things considered/EM lineup of 3 machines?

BB5D0C22-110D-4C8A-8758-4E0AD757F62E (resized).jpegBB5D0C22-110D-4C8A-8758-4E0AD757F62E (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

I don't have a pic but my 3 EM fav pin lineup is Interflip Dragon, Gottlieb Lucky Hand, and Gottlieb Tiger

#3 1 year ago

Far Out, Hot Tip, Aerobatics

Very hard question to really answer though. There is so much variety to EMs it's impossible to really capture it with just three games.

#4 1 year ago

It is difficult. I’m pretty sure that Fireball and El Dorado are locked in on my top 3.

I’m thinking I need to give something with a spinner a try next, or else go for an add a ball machine.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

I don't have a pic but my 3 EM fav pin lineup is Interflip Dragon, Gottlieb Lucky Hand, and Gottlieb Tiger

I’ve never seen or played any of those DK.

#6 1 year ago

Lucky hand is the add a ball version of Jacks Open
Tiger is a one player add a ball version of Outer Space
Dragon is its own animal lol

#7 1 year ago

Gottlieb tiger seems interesting, never seen one? Curious what a nice example fetches?

#8 1 year ago

You lost me at Fireball… replace it with Volley or Joker Poker.

#9 1 year ago

Any 3 out of these 4.

IMG_0794 (resized).jpegIMG_0794 (resized).jpeg
#10 1 year ago

If I had to switch one here it would be my Night Rider EM, Space Mission, Card Whiz or Fast Draw in place of the Top Card but not by that much.

85D0A6BC-FA59-4043-8580-A524265FD109 (resized).jpeg85D0A6BC-FA59-4043-8580-A524265FD109 (resized).jpeg
#11 1 year ago

Quick Draw, Lawman, Roller Coaster. 2-player games are a lot of fun!

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Quick Draw, Lawman, Roller Coaster. 2-player games are a lot of fun!

Add Surfer to the list.

#13 1 year ago

Sea_Wolf
That wild card looks pretty. Never seen or tried one. Hopefully Allentown fest will have one to try

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Here is my best EM lineup of three machines I’ve had. Solid fun, although it is lacking the fun of a good spinner. I’m a sucker for drop targets. I really like the 4 flippers and playfield layout on El Dorado and Fireball is so cool with the multiball and skill shot. I’m trying to determine if I like Jacks Open or Card Whiz/Royal Flush better.
What do you EM experts consider the best all things considered/EM lineup of 3 machines?[quoted image]

Those are my 3 favorite EMs, awesome.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Any 3 out of these 4.
[quoted image]

Not fair!
Super Lineup!

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from BRONX:

Sea_Wolf
That wild card looks pretty. Never seen or tried one. Hopefully Allentown fest will have one to try

I rescued it because of its rarity but after restoring it I love it because it’s always a blast to play.

I need to go to Allentown one year.

#17 1 year ago

Abra Ca Dabra, Jacks Open and Atlantis.

#18 1 year ago

El Dorado, Centigrade 37, Abra Ca Dabra

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from BRONX:

Gottlieb tiger seems interesting, never seen one? Curious what a nice example fetches?

I’d be curious as well

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Abra Ca Dabra, Jacks Open and Atlantis.

I'll second that!

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

I’d be curious as well

Is it any good? Don’t really care about rarity.

#22 1 year ago

Not sure if I'd say its the best but certainly the most 'classic';
Bally Fireball, Capt Fantastic, Wizard

#23 1 year ago

Never liked the left flippers on Captain Fantastic.

#24 1 year ago

I once had the 70s "Bally Trifecta" next to each other in my shop: Flip Flop, Old Chicago and Hokus Pokus. My three favorites.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Is it any good? Don’t give a shit about rarity.

Outer space to me has the best EM layout, so yeah; it’s pretty good to me

#26 1 year ago

Hot Tip, Target Alpha, Grand Prix

OP, if you like spinners, Grand Prix is it!

#27 1 year ago

I'm not sure about 'top 3', but I've owned a bunch of EM over the years like Hi-Deal, King of Diamonds, Big Ben, Target Alpha, Jungle Queen and more, and while I don't proclaim to be an EM expert, no EM blew my mind as much as DRAGON by Interflip simply because it's as fast as a modern STERN. It's crazy to me, you have to see it in action to believe it, but it FLIES and the plastic playfield shines like glass when a nice wax. Won't say it's the best game, but boy, I never thought I'd ever see an EM move like that one. The pop bumpers rival my System 80b or 11b games

#28 1 year ago

No pics, but for best (3) EM line up,
to capture the variety of EMs
WMS Heat Wave
GTB Astro
BLY Mata Hari (EM version)
but then i am missing any games
with multi-ball or spinners or up posts

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

No pics, but for best (3) EM line up,
to capture the variety of EMs
WMS Heat Wave
GTB Astro
BLY Mata Hari (EM version)
but then i am missing any games
with multi-ball or spinners or up posts

Astro is awesome!

#30 1 year ago

Hay Ride, Big Daddy, and Kings and Queens

#31 1 year ago

Any photos of your own lineups? The best 3 EMs you have ever owned and lined up side by side by side?

#32 1 year ago

I've had a bunch of EMs. Never more than 2 in my lineup at once though. My favorite EM is Hot Tip (by a large margin), followed by Spooksville and then it gets tough...maybe Riverboat? Based on games I have owned.

20200722_153203 (resized).jpg20200722_153203 (resized).jpg20200809_161925 (resized).jpg20200809_161925 (resized).jpg
#33 1 year ago

The three EMs I own are my favorite from each of the major 3 manufacturer's. Fast Draw, Argosy, Little Joe.

I do also like all these but I don't think I would ever buy them now... possibly Capersville:
Volley
Capersville
Faces
Mars Trek
Wizard
Evel
Dragon
Monaco
Grand Prix
4 Million BC
Star Jet
Nip It

#34 1 year ago

crujones4life Spoksville looks super fun just because it is so different. Is there much to do while playing it?

#35 1 year ago

One room has Kings&Queens, Skill Pool, and Bank a Ball.
Another room has Domino, Rack a Ball, and Egg Head.
Yay '60s relics!

20211120_014519 (resized).jpg20211120_014519 (resized).jpg
#36 1 year ago

This is the only photo i can find quickly of 3 EMs side by side
There is actually 5 in this lineup
(4 that you can see in photo, one you can't see is Fireball (German edition) on far left)
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

crujones4life Spoksville looks super fun just because it is so different. Is there much to do while playing it?

Yeah it's a shaker ball machine. So it's meant to be shook while being played. It's fun. Chimes are the best sounding chimes I've ever heard. I enjoyed it while I had it. Sold it recently since I had my fun with it over the last several years. There are several pictures of my game on the IPDB under my name.

#38 1 year ago

Best 3 EM's I have had are Klondike, Grand Prix and Full House.

#39 12 months ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

If I had to switch one here it would be my Night Rider EM, Space Mission, Card Whiz or Fast Draw in place of the Top Card but not by that much.[quoted image]

Sea_Wolf you have some great machines. I've never played any of those 3.

#40 12 months ago

pinwiztom Thanks for posting your lineup there. I've never played any of those.

#41 12 months ago

Three big favorites at our house! Melody is also right up there and in fact a bigger hit with beginners than Majorettes. But for the nudgers Majorettes is waaay sweet…

7137C95C-C84F-433E-8C47-CB97A8012BBA (resized).jpeg7137C95C-C84F-433E-8C47-CB97A8012BBA (resized).jpeg
#42 12 months ago
Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Three big favorites at our house!

Sharp 3 Pin line up!

#43 12 months ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Sharp 3 Pin line up!

Thanks! And I often drool at your ever-evolving lineup as well!

1 week later
#44 11 months ago

Only three? Hmmm. Let’s try a manufacturer “big three” no short flippers:

Bally Freedom prototype
Bally Skyrocket
Gottlieb Out Of Sight/Far Out

HEY TWO BALLY’S! Yes, but… Skyrocket was designed by Harry Williams! I’m gonna squeak it in.

How about “big three” only short flippers:

Bally Dixieland (4MBC runner up)
Gottlieb Pop-A-Card (Astro runner up)
Williams Heat Wave (King Pin runner up)

Ok finally three-for-three… “big three” only multiplayers no re-using any of the above:

Bally Old Chicago
Gottlieb Surf Side
Williams Rancho

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-3-pin-em-lineup-youve-had and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.