16%
  • The Shadow 8 votes
    14%
  • Fish Tales 4 votes
    7%
  • No Good Gofers 0 votes
  • Dirty Harry 6 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 56 votes by 45 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a7621a4bc3ec991873e8d5688136238f7b2d9107 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charger500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have a Getaway; High Speed II. One day a few weeks ago, my wife asked me what I was doing on my phone. I said I was looking around on Pinside and Craigslist for another pinball machine. To my surprise, she didn't say. "We don't need another one of those.", but instead said "I don't know where it would fit in the game room." So, now the seed is planted. But, what to get? Many good choices. Right now, I'm liking Addams Family, No Good Gofers, Fish Tales, Indiana Jones, Elvira and The Party Monsters, and Dirty Harry. And if money was no object; Big Bang Bar. What's good 2nd pin?

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for the tips. It's tough to chose because it's hard to test play all the games I'd like and then make a choice. The supply of available games to play in this area is limited. I never played Getaway before buying it and so had to rely on YouTube play videos and reviews. Phil per3per3 found me and convinced me Getaway was the right game. Good for him and me as I bought it from him. This is another big choic with some real money involved. If I'm spending around $6K for a pinball machine, it's needs to be the right fit for me.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Go on the pinball locater and find some spots to play some of these games. Nothing is worse than getting a game in the house, playing it and having that "oh shit I hate this game and it must go as soon as possible feeling". Try to think of the attributes of the game you have and what would best complement it. If it is fast then get a slow mode based game. If it is simple, get something complex.
The bottom line for me is that you need a minimum of three games to cover the major categories.
And don't fall for the hype on the BW games. Yes they are good but you can get 2 just as awesome games for the same price you'll pay for an IJ.

Not sure what you mean about the Barb Wire game. She has some nice assets, but I'm not drawn to a game because of that.

I tried joining the two leagues here in town, but they are full and have a waiting list. I will seek out more games in the wild to play.

And when you say the three categories, you are referring to what three categories?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

If you want to play test any that I own just give a shout. I have Addams, Fish Tales, Whirlwind, Taxi and some others.
If you only have space for one more then it makes sense to get one you really like!

Thanks for the offer muzikman . Very kind of you. And same to you, but you choice is only Getaway. Looks like you have more than most anywhere in a 30 mile radius combined.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charger500.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2nd-pin-to-buy?tu=charger500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.