Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by brett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3AF4F026-DB2A-44F4-950E-84BDF5151BAD (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I want to know what the best 2 game collection would be. They would have to complement each other obviously.

#2 5 years ago

Twd
    Deadpool

#3 5 years ago

I just got the JJP POTC

I’m thinking AFMrle or TOM or Indiana Jones

#4 5 years ago

Would also consider Houdini or really anything else

#5 5 years ago

IMDN and AFM, the only 2 keepers I've owned so far

#6 5 years ago

Woz RR
    AFMr LE

#7 5 years ago

I’m thinking AMF probably.

#8 5 years ago

Seriously - Houdini and a fast-playing game like Getaway or MB. Houdini has a LOT of depth to it; it's great to pair with a quick playing game like MB. or AFM

#9 5 years ago

Iron Maiden & Star Gazer. FIGHT ME!

#10 5 years ago

Everyone agrees it's ST with TS, right?

#11 5 years ago

Your two most well liked themes or....

TWD and IMDN

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

I want to know what the best 2 game collection would be. They would have to complement each other obviously.

No such thing. Taste in pinball is very subjective. Will be different for each person. This is one you'll need to figure out for yourself.

p.s. Don't think too hard. Odds are you will eventually want to swap out one or both. Way too many good pins out there to keep the same 2 forever.

#13 5 years ago

2 games???? That is WAY TOO HARD!!

JJP POTC and MM???

Im not sure. You gotta have at least 5! Lol

#14 5 years ago

Metallica LE and Funhouse. The 2 pins can change for me tomorrow though

#15 5 years ago

Iron Maiden & Bram Stokers Dracula

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No hay tal cosa. El gusto en el pinball es muy subjetivo. Será diferente para cada persona. Este es uno que necesitarás resolver por ti mismo.
    ps no pienses demasiado duro Lo más probable es que eventualmente quieras cambiar una o ambas. Demasiados buenos alfileres por ahí para mantener el mismo 2 para siempre.

I think the same

#17 5 years ago

Big Game
    Walking Dead Prem/LE

#18 5 years ago

Lord Of the Rings
    Iron Man

#19 5 years ago

The Hobbit and fish tails for me

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Big Game
    Walking Dead Prem/LE

Lol you and that damn Big Game.

I’d go for something deep like Dialed In or WOZ. Then pair with a faster, simpler game like TNA or Whirlwind/ Taxi

#21 5 years ago

I have 2 at the moment and I went Metallica and Maiden. They compliment each perfectly and have entirely different layouts and play styles. That pair also gets you a standard 2 flipper fan layout and a unique 4 flipper game. Both are deep enough to stay long term. Star Trek is another great option.
    If I could ONLY fit 2, I would probably go with one of of the 2 I've mentioned and whatever 90s pin speak to you personally. I'm getting a junkyard this month. Not the most respected game but I've always really enjoyed it. I also would consider owning a Last Action Hero and that game get dumped on by most everyone. Personal taste counts for a lot. TWD plays great but I wouldnt want it in my house. Same would apply if WWE was the best game in the world. I dont want sweaty wrestlers in my house. (Okay, maybe Allison Brie)

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Lol you and that damn Big Game.
    I’d go for something deep like Dialed In or WOZ. Then pair with a faster, simpler game like TNA or Whirlwind/ Taxi

Or Big Game. Haha

#23 5 years ago

AC/DC Prem/LE, LOTR

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have 2 at the moment and I went Metallica and Maiden. They compliment each perfectly and have entirely different layouts and play styles. That pair also gets you a standard 2 flipper fan layout and a unique 4 flipper game. Both are deep enough to stay long term. Star Trek is another great option.
    If I could ONLY fit 2, I would probably go with one of of the 2 I've mentioned and whatever 90s pin speak to you personally. I'm getting a junkyard this month. Not the most respected game but I've always really enjoyed it. I also would consider owning a Last Action Hero and that game get dumped on by most everyone. Personal taste counts for a lot. TWD plays great but I wouldnt want it in my house. Same would apply if WWE was the best game in the world. I dont want sweaty wrestlers in my house. (Okay, maybe Allison Brie)

I agree with the logic here. If I could only have 2, I would want to make sure they are both different enough to challenge and interest me. Different layouts, different themes, different setups and speeds.

#25 5 years ago

TSPP - long ball times, amazingly deep rule set, 5 flippers, upper play field, Stern
    MMr - average ball times, amazingly fun rule set, 2 flippers, fan layout, not Stern

#26 5 years ago
    3AF4F026-DB2A-44F4-950E-84BDF5151BAD (resized).jpeg3AF4F026-DB2A-44F4-950E-84BDF5151BAD (resized).jpeg
    #27 5 years ago

That question is impossible to answer directly. Since you have JJP POTC, maybe add a classic 90’s DMD for good old pinball fun. Try a Standard Body vs. JJP POTC wide body. Fast ball time vs. long deep game. Unlicensed vs. licensed. All that said, I think a MM or AFM would be a good compliment to your JJP POTC.

#28 5 years ago

If you want to get a couple new games - Pick out a couple of Stern Pro's that suit your taste.

Or if you want new modern remake classic's Attack From Mars and Monster Bash.

If I were forced down to a pair that is what I would do. Either or on the pairs.

#29 5 years ago

TZ and MM. I could die happy.

#30 5 years ago

LOTR and Fast Draw EM

One very flowy game with long ball times and deep rules and one very stop and shoot game with short ball time but still great rules.

#31 5 years ago

I have WOZ and IJTPA, works really well.

WOZ code is very difficult and when you are playing well it could be a 1 hour game. Good for when you have time and is playing alone.

Indiana is easier to get, still have lots of modes to play and the games are not as long as WOZ.

Thinking about getting a SW premium, but it is not easy to let one of the two go to open space for SW . That is the difficult part of a two pin collection.

#32 5 years ago

I have mostly older games. Right now my two modern Sterns are Star Wars Premium and Metallica Premium. I've noticed that those two games really go well together. They are both awesome games that keep me coming back for more, but they also play completely different. They could not be more different in fact. I know its cliche to say that *my* two pins are the best 2 game collection, but I will say that they go together very well.

#33 5 years ago

Nightmare on elm Street and Shaq attack

#34 5 years ago

I bought POTC le
    and
    AFM le green

Can’t wait! Both coming next week

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

I bought POTC le
    and
    AFM le green
    Can’t wait! Both coming next week

These two are good choices. You’ll have a lot of fun for a long time with these two.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2-game-collectio-?hl=slavin20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.