(Topic ID: 179437)

Best 12VDC line to tap on a Lethal Weapon 3?

By Mancave

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi guys, asking this for someone else who has this machine. He's wanting to add some LED lit flipper buttons to his machine. Where's the best/easiest place to tap into the 12V line? I only own Bally/Williams myself so have no experience with Data East machines. These LED kits (mine) were originally intended for 90's Bally/Williams machines that hook up to either the power driver board or the coin door interface board. I downloaded the LW3 manual to check and realized that Data East's don't seem to have a CDI board (unless there's a substitute i'm missing in the manual). I've identified some plugs on the power board that have a 12VDC line but i want to make certain which connector is the best/easiest one to attach to. Thanks in advance

#3 7 years ago

Directly from the power supply test point rings with alligator clips would work and add a 1 amp fuse.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

Directly from the power supply test point rings with alligator clips would work and add a 1 amp fuse.

OK, thanks. I'm not a big fan of using alligator clips for mods myself. Would one of the molex connectors be better to tap into? Which one?

#5 7 years ago

BUMP for the evening crowd.

#6 7 years ago

Inside the coin door to the right should be a connector with about 8 pins. The pin on each end, one is 12v and the other is ground. Some reinport games are missing this though. It's already fused as it is part of the system 12v unregulated line.

See step 4 here: http://pinballbulbs.com/installs/data-east-light-strip-installation

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Inside the coin door to the right should be a connector with about 8 pins. The pin on each end, one is 12v and the other is ground. Some reinport games are missing this though. It's already fused as it is part of the system 12v unregulated line.

See step 4 here: http://pinballbulbs.com/installs/data-east-light-strip-installation

AHHHH Yes, cheers mate!!! exactly what i was looking for. I'll check with him to see if his machine has that plug, not sure if it's an imported to Aus machine or not but hopefully will have that plug. THANKS

#8 7 years ago

MANY THANKS markmon, one happy customer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Boards
PinSound

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-12vdc-line-to-tap-on-a-lethal-weapon-3?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.