(Topic ID: 119076)

Best $1000 Game for Casual Adults and 10~ Year Old Kids?

By herbertbsharp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twilightzone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Cyclone is a lot of fun and a nice one can probably be found around that price point. "Hey! You! With the face!"

Agree 100% here.

I think High Speed would be too brutal for a 10 year old. Getting MB isn't a gimmie and really that's all their is in the game.

With Cyclone, there is no MB. The quotes and music are fun. Kids love hitting the ferris wheel. The spook house has the animated backglass. It's a fun game just to bat the ball around for kids and newbies. The ramps can really help build a great score so a more skilled player will still be entertained.

Jokerz is another fun game that's worth considering. I think they tend to sell in the desired price range.

Otherwise, like someone else posted, I'd suggest adding some cash and increasing the budget to $1,800 or so. WCS is a great family game in that price range.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Pinbot is an awesome game but, personally speaking, it appealed to me more as an adult than it did when I was a teenager. That's just me though...

Wow! Great minds think alike. I didn't really like Pinbot back in the day. I found it really boring. I didn't understand rules though. Cyclone is actually the first game that got my interest in pinball. The ferris wheel. Such a simple toy, but it was really fun to hit it, hear the music and then have the ball lined up to hit the ramp. Also, loved the spook house.

Later, as an adult, when I re-visited Pinbot, I realized what a great game it was and is. Wouldn't recommend it for a young player necessarily though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twilightzone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-1000-game-for-casual-adults-and-10-year-old-kids?tu=twilightzone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.