(Topic ID: 247205)

Berrys tumbler, is this a good deal?

By marspinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    1563118031686279109423 (resized).jpg
    p_749006480_1 (resized).jpg
    #3 4 years ago

That tumbler has a flat bottom and is not cone shaped. Based on my research it needs this part to work best at additional cost.

ebay.com link: UPGRADE CONE FOR Frankford Arsenal Quick n EZ Vibratory Tumbler CUSTOM MADE

#4 4 years ago

Is someone able to recommend a media and polish from amazon to go with the tumbler?

#5 4 years ago

Walnut for the abrasive polishing
    Corn media for less abrasive.

I think you can toss a blob of many types of metal polish in with the parts, media.

Here's a blurb from a restore thread, check a couple of the posts- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-tragicrebuilding-a-classic/page/3#post-4996746

#6 4 years ago

Here's what I use bought the tumbler and walnut shells at Harbor Freight

1563118031686279109423 (resized).jpg1563118031686279109423 (resized).jpg
    #7 4 years ago

+1 for the HF tumbler.

Its what I've been using for years.

corncob media, with whatever liquid chrome polish is on sale that week.

#8 4 years ago

Here are some existing threads on the topic of tumblers.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

+1 for the HF tumbler.
    Its what I've been using for years.
    corncob media, with whatever liquid chrome polish is on sale that week.

How much polish do you use? And how do you use the polish.

#10 4 years ago

Squeeze a blob into the tumbler with the media, the media and polish will polish it all up for ya!!!

#11 4 years ago

No real measuring. Just "Meh, that looks good enough". If I had to guess, it would be about the same as a spoonful of pudding, if I ate puddding. Thats for one full tumbler load, with maybe 100-150 pieces in the tumbler.

FYI: Never put star posts in the tumbler, unless you want to drive yourself crazy trying to get the media out of the holes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/berrys-tumbler-is-this-a-good-deal- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.