(Topic ID: 19162)

Berry's Tumbler and Media

By BriGuy5

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Before I pull the trigger tonight, just wanted a few opinions on Berry's 400 tumbler and Corn Cob Media. Any other suggestions than these two? Looking to polish screws, bolts, metal ramps that'll fit, etc. Corn cob or Walnut better? Mixed with novus 3. Tumbler is $66 and corn cob media is $19 for 6lbs, free shipping on both. Thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

Skip the Novus 3 additive, get some Kit Scratch Out at the local auto parts store, cheaper and a virtually unlimited supply available in most communities.

I would recommend crushed walnut shells. Get them at Petco in the reptile section, pay no shipping. It's more aggressive than corn cob. Corn cob is more useful as a final polish, if you decide to go with a 2 step process. Walnut is good enough for most everything.

#3 11 years ago

So you suggest to tumble with walnut, then corncob? Can I reuse media by just dumping it back into the bag? Does media get "old" or go "bad"?

#4 11 years ago

briguy5:
    you may want to check your local harbor freight as well. I recently picked up this for just under $45 (with one of their 20% off coupons)

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-lb-metal-vibrator-tumbler-67617.html

btw, their walnut media from harbor freight is 25lbs for $25 (and only $20 if you use a 20% off coupon which can be found in the coupon sections of the sunday paper circulars)

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

briguy5:
    you may want to check your local harbor freight as well. I recently picked up this for just under $45 (with one of their 20% off coupons)
    http://www.harborfreight.com/5-lb-metal-vibrator-tumbler-67617.html
    btw, their walnut media from harbor freight is 25lbs for $25 (and only $20 if you use a 20% off coupon which can be found in the coupon sections of the sunday paper circulars)

Yup....thats exactly what I did. But fortunately I have a Harbor Freight store about 7 miles away. Definately the cheapest solution and it does a great job of eliminating those metal burrs that the leg bolts get on them. Just make sure you tighten down the wing nut on top pretty good and check it every 12 hours of running.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/berrys-tumbler-and-media and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.