Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RazerX
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1419.JPG
    gump.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatsquatch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

Oh, boy. This won't end well.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

No one got pissed when multiple people stated making pinball LED's.

Oh, I don't know about that.

Don't you remember the epic PinballBulbs.com announcement thread here on Pinside a while back?

#36 10 years ago

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly...

When more people are producing stuff for the hobby at ever-increasing and exorbitant prices, it's only good for pinball. (e.g., Stern, JJP and boutique pins)

When more people are producing stuff for the hobby at ever-decreasing and reasonable prices, it's only bad for pinball. (e.g., glare guards, LEDs)

Is that right?

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Fatsquatch - as they said in Forrest Gump... you're a god damn genius!

Huh?

Mmmm....ice cream.

gump.jpggump.jpg

#44 10 years ago

I've always known about PinZero glare guards and thought they were a good idea, but never felt quite motivated enough to buy them for what they cost.

Just checked BentPlastic out, and at $40 total for five glare guards (shipping included)...ehh, I'm in.

Purchased.

#47 10 years ago

I get what you're saying pinball_customs, but I would imagine that many of us would never think to play the "price haggle game", either because A.) we don't like to...or B.) we fear it would be insulting and douchey.

Both of those apply to me, and I just can't imagine ever contacting a parts supplier and saying "Look, I know you sell your widget for $50 plus shipping on your website, but this other dude started selling that same widget for $20 less. If you can match or beat that price, I'll buy from you."

Now, I'm sure that could be worded differently -- with excessive pleasantries and whatnot -- but I'd still feel like a tool contacting someone that way.

Now, if a supplier is selling something in a far less formal fashion, like directly on a message forum (instead of through an eCommerce website), then yeah, haggling doesn't seem too out-of-line.

#51 10 years ago

I understand that, but it's trickier in this particular case, as Wrong Crowd and BentPlastic are selling their own products, not someone else's. Or at least, that's what I thought was happening.

#68 10 years ago

The conversation is getting pretty deep with points about innovation and research & development...and I can respect that...but I'd just like to remind everyone that the thread started off discussing a piece of plastic with a bend in it.

#81 10 years ago

I'm tapping out of the discussion, 'cause it has started to feel like buyer "morality" has come into play, and I think that's 100% horseshit when we're talking about a rather simple and patent-free product in a Capitalist society.

This is a product that was developed by Wrong Crowd to also "make a buck", as it was never being sold at cost merely for the betterment of the hobby. All parties involved want to make money from the big-spending modern pinball crowd, and if there was no money to be made, the product wouldn't exist. I can find no saints in this particular free enterprise arena for which I am "morally" bound.

I guess someone needs to compile an official list of which specific vendors we are to exclusively use when buying certain products. Right now, I have no idea who I'm supposed to be "rewarding" when I'm buying pinballs, rubbers, translites, bulbs, mirror blades, toppers, playfield glass, coils, coin doors, switches, etc., etc., etc., etc.

I guess we also need such a list for non-pinball items, like TVs, cars, bicycles, and so on and so forth.

#90 10 years ago

Purchased five guards three days ago and the (insured) package arrived this morning.

The ordering process, shipping, packaging and product are all pro.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatsquatch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bentplasticcom?tu=fatsquatch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.