Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RazerX
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1419.JPG
    gump.jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

And it works even worse on Revenge from Mars...

Technically yes, but slide it into the backglass frame and it blocks the shine of the backglass on the playfield. I was amazed!

Frank

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

If I was really in it for the money, I suppose I'd just wait for someone else to create something and copy it. Or spend my time on something more profitable. Or bend plastic.
    Randy

Don't worry Randy, I think most of us know you are not in it for the money. At least I hope so...

Regarding your comment on not moving forward on ideas that would be too easy to copy, I think some just don't realize that a new idea can cost thousands to fully develop, test and launch. If there is a good chance someone is going to copy your design as soon as you get it right, it could wind up a huge loss financially, let alone all the time sunk into it. The pinball market is too small to justify patents on most aftermarket parts. If the community starts to accept copes of products without regard for the original designers, it will certainly cause all of us designing pinball parts and mods to think twice about investing time or money on them in the future.

-Jay

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

If I was really in it for the money, I suppose I'd just wait for someone else to create something and copy it. Or spend my time on something more profitable. Or bend plastic.
    Randy

"more profitable" being the keywords
    I'm not implying that just because you are in it for the money, doesn't mean there isn't some love in there too.
    So when's your version of bent plastic going up on the site?

#104 10 years ago

I don't follow all the threads, but it looks like Kim's glare guards now belong to Planetary Pinball:

http://wrongcrowdproductions.com

Brad

#105 10 years ago

Seems odd if true. Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the value in what they bought?

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bentplasticcom/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.