Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vanhos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-543.jpg
    image-275.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Would you buy a Bensa Italian pinball I have found no info on any of there machines. Not sure if I should dive into my first em with a Italian machine.

One bit of info is they are a copy of the gottlieb pinballs around the same year.

#2 10 years ago

Been googling all night. No info at all really in these machines. Seems like in Italy in the 70s a few different companies started to copy a few of the name brand pinballs. Nearly an exact copy except all the Italy ones were 1 player not two our four player.

Not sure if they used parts from the companies they were copying from.

#3 10 years ago

On IPDB it shows Bensa of Milan. 1973 to 1975 made or remanufactured machines as the coin door looks like a Gottlieb.
    The International Pinball Data Base has info on 5 EM pins made, or proto types made. Click on Advanced Search, enter Bensa and all their info will pop up.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

On IPDB it shows Bensa of Milan. 1973 to 1975 made or remanufactured machines

Never even knew they existed myself.

Ken

#5 10 years ago

Yeah join the club. Yeah I found it all on the IPDB. Not much info on there tho.

#6 10 years ago

Don't know much about Bensa, but I do have a Big Brave backglass from them. Somewhere in the future I hope to do a special on Italian manufacturers for Pinball Magazine. You may want to contact Federico Croci, who runs www.tilt.it, for more info. He knows a lot about italian manufacturers.

#7 10 years ago

I know of a pinball by Zaccaria called Devil Riders that was a Italian game.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

...and...??? All Zaccaria games are Italian!

#9 10 years ago

Yep zaccari was a major player there at one stage.

Here's a pic of a few of the machines that sparked my interest.

image-543.jpgimage-543.jpg

All are Italian but from different manufacturers.

#10 10 years ago

There is also this that was put up recently on Pinball News site. Nice article, very comprehensive.
    http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/zaccaria/index.html

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from vanhos:

image-275.jpg 117 KB

image-543.jpg 117 KB

You'd think they could come up with a theme of their own once in a while!

#12 10 years ago

Yeah seems the playfields are different but the back glasses are nearly identical.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

Except it is not an EM... but a Generation 2 Zacc from the 80's...

Zaccaria made a few decent EM starting in the mid 70's. The ones I know: Combat, Aerobatics, Moon flight, Wood's queen and I forget a few. There are not ultra rare around here, but we are closer to Italy...

#14 10 years ago

I wish Zaccarias were more prevalent in the states. They made some beautiful machines.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from vanhos:

Image (auto-loading disabled)

image-275.jpg 117 KB

image-543.jpg 117 KB

Do you have any more pictures of the playfields of those games? I would sure love to see more!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I wish Zaccarias were more prevalent in the states. They made some beautiful machines.

Agreed. They made many original titles and some of the most appealing artwork ever to appear on a pinball machine.
    I played one at a show a few years ago called "Ski Jump". It was a very nice machine and a good player as well.

#17 10 years ago

Do you think there worth buying. Or is this type of machine not easy to work on or even easy to sell in the future after Being shopped.

I will get more pics for you guys soon.

#18 10 years ago

Zaccaria EM games are basically Williams under the skin . All the coils, steppers, score motor etc. are Williams. Coils are labelled Z instead of W, but apart from that, they are identical. I have owned and shopped quite a few of their games. If you search on IPDB, for Zaccaria EMs, you will see that the earlier games even had Williams logo aprons. The only difference in the late EMs was the sound. They stopped using the chime box and went to a electronic sound module with a speaker. That allowed them to have the Biri-Biri sound for scoring four million. instead of a replay, which was illegal in Italy. Even the module wiring diagram is on zaccariapinball. com nowadays. So you can make one if its missing, or add a chime box instead.
    The play fields were bombproof, and are usually as new. The colors were very bright. Game design was good, even if some of the titles were a bit weird. Cabinets were the same build as Williams, coin doors identical apart from Z blanks instead of W. Moon flight and Supersonic ( Concorde themed) stand out as real well designed games, and Combat & Red Arrows if you like war themes.

#19 10 years ago

Check out these pics hope the link works.

I think they are all different manufactures

https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1&mkt=en-US#cid=5E6EDBC556F027EB&id=5E6EDBC556F027EB%21776

#20 10 years ago

That "Jack in the Box" looks very interesting,
    with the on the playfield drop down and lay flat targets ( kinda like InterFlip's Dragon) .

#21 10 years ago

All machines are $1500 aus dollars to buy. Bit over my budget for a no name EM.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bensa-italian-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.