3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by dnapac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

449B74EA-37F1-41F6-8539-0A95B4956566 (resized).png
    BE254273-91A5-456C-AB73-9D3E2F9CCC8F (resized).jpeg
    2370CBA5-66B8-49DC-A4A5-33D47FC3ECCB (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

Hey Pinsiders.

This is Dave Foreman.

Pics are Before, after, and getting on with life. Dave was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer) in the left forearm. Unfortunately, the arm couldn’t be saved, but otherwise the cancer didn’t spread on all the other scans. My wife and I have been friends with Dave for well over 10 years. He’s a metal head to his core and we’ve gone to many epic metal shows with him. He’s also one of the most gracious, giving dudes I’ve ever met.

Example…a friends moms car was in the shop where he works. She needed this car to get to her job. A snowstorm was going to hit the area and he knew the shop would be closed the next day. So, Dave stayed at work. All night, alone, and continued to fix it the next day while everyone else was snowed in. By the time the snowstorm had passed, Dave had finished her car, and she could get to work. That’s just Dave.

This is just an FYI on a Ms. PacMan original upright that will be auctioned off on July 10, 2021 in Orange City, Iowa. I know, most of you will have no interest in this, but if anyone in the area is interested DM me and I’ll give all the info you need.

Oh, and yes…he was back at work 2 days after his amputation. Dudes a beast.

2370CBA5-66B8-49DC-A4A5-33D47FC3ECCB (resized).jpeg449B74EA-37F1-41F6-8539-0A95B4956566 (resized).pngBE254273-91A5-456C-AB73-9D3E2F9CCC8F (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 months ago

F*CK cancer.
    Does Dave have a GoFundMe?

#3 3 months ago

No GoFundMe…small community but big hearts, so we are just doing it local. Thanks for asking though.

#4 3 months ago

his work ethic tells me all i need to know about dave. incredible!

#5 3 months ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

his work ethic tells me all i need to know about dave. incredible!

Yup. That’s just Dave. No complaints, no excuses…just getting it done.

1 week later
    #6 3 months ago

Benefit was a HUGE success. Thanks everyone for the well wishes for Dave.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside