(Topic ID: 288264)

Benadryl, Lunesta, melatonin oh my...Any tips on sleeping?

By embryonjohn

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Benadryl, Lunesta, melatonin oh my...Any tips on sleeping?”

• Over the counter supplements & prescriptions meds 8 votes
      26%
    • Weed 15 votes
      48%
    • Knuckle children 8 votes
      26%

(31 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4FEC0303-10F2-4EC5-B97B-100B9911E4A0 (resized).jpeg
    Best-Pillow-for-Shoulder-Pain-2 (resized).jpg
    20210220_092140 (resized).jpg
    CC6BB0C4-A332-47DE-A1FC-9A92ED0ECBD1 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    F11B91D3-B2E0-44FD-8BA2-54EEC9118B2D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

DO NOT take lunesta or any variation.
    Years ago I had insomnia bad and had to get up early to go to work. My insomnia was affecting my job and I decided to try lunesta.
    First off, it works. I slept well. However, there were times when I would wake up to go to work with a terrible stomach ache. I would walk into the kitchen and realize that I made a full course spaghetti dinner in my sleep and devoured it.
    A friend of mine wiped out the side of his car because he got up in the middle of the night for a drive but didn't remember it the next day.
    Terrible side effects and habit forming.

+1 Lunesta is NASTY especially if someone wakes you up in the middle of the night your functions and reactions are way off. Not to mention you feel gross in the morning. Lunesta is a no benzo. Your better off taking an actual benzo type drug if you need something that strong short term like I did.

Melatonin works best for me. More specifically pure encapsulations brand I think it’s called. Not all melatonin is the same on the market. I think I tried taking the same kind and what someone else posted here with a purple lid. That didn’t do anything for me either.

Beer also helps me sleep longer (hi Johnny haha) but I’m finding the quality of said sleep is slightly lower or I’m less energetic. Right now I’m doing a sober stint and I’m finding I’m sleeping less but feeling more refreshed.

CBD in low doses helps. THC I have to be VERY careful with. If too close to bed time it’s a panic attack at 2am for me every time. So I don’t do that anymore.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'm going to buy a weighted blanket this weekend to see if that helps me stay asleep through the night.

Oh you are in for a treat! If you have a down blanket put the weighted blanket under if you want more effectiveness. Or maybe try over and see what you like best. Also there will be different options of weight based on your own body weight as well.

You may need to reduce blankets if you start overheating in the middle of the night.

#93 3 years ago

Oh yeah, fresh sheets always help too.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Something else to remember is to remove as many electronics from your bedroom as possible. Besides the mental association of sleep to work/surfing, cell phones emit radiation, and the blue light emitted by many devices disrupts the natural production of melatonin.

I have all my devices set to evening mode (blue reduction or elimination) when the sun sets to get a head start on all that. I haven't had a TV in the bedroom since I lived with my parents many years ago. Won't ever do so again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/benadryl-lunesta-melatonin-oh-my-any-tips-on-sleeping?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.