(Topic ID: 11529)

Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland

By coasterguy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Official acronym?”

• BHZA 60 votes
      61%
    • ZA 39 votes
      39%

(99 votes)

#1 12 years ago

What do you think?

#2 12 years ago

I voted for BHZA. It's longer, but I like it more for some reason.

#3 12 years ago

Had to go for the more succint. We all use mobile devices sometimes, shorter is better on my phone.

#4 12 years ago

Not that I would ever be able to get hold of one of these pins, but for the sake of talking about it here I like ZA. If I were going with a longer acronym it would probably be JPZA because I'm more of a fan of John Pop than of Ben.

#5 12 years ago

LOL sorry CG added poll to my thread didn't know u had a new one

#6 12 years ago

What do I know, I voted for WoO.

#7 12 years ago

I thought it had been BHZA ever since it was announced at Expo?

#8 12 years ago

Good discussion thus far.

#9 12 years ago

ZA better. I'm number 35. Whooooohooooo We don't name pin abbreviations off of creators or manufacturers.

#10 12 years ago

I voted ZA. Ben Heck needing to slap his name on everything he does is just annoying.

#11 12 years ago

I vote John Trudeau

#12 12 years ago

Man, it's close.

Quoted from docscott:

We don't name pin abbreviations off of creators or manufacturers ...

True, but in this case, Ben Heck's name is actually part of the official title.

#13 12 years ago

Really curious to see how good the production value is on this.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Really curious to see how good the production value is on this.

For 10K I would expect it to be stellar.

#15 12 years ago

za is pizza

#16 12 years ago

+1 (with extra cheese)

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

ZA better. I'm number 35. Whooooohooooo We don't name pin abbreviations off of creators or manufacturers.

+1
    I like ZA
    Got my confirmation this morning too Doc... I must have got in right after you at #36! Did you go for DIY?

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

+1 Exactly!!!!

#19 12 years ago

JGWoZECLE , or SRSTTNG, or SR AC/DC who knows what.

#20 12 years ago

Not Try-n to lOOk StewPud ,, , but Who is Ben Heck . I've Never heard of him till this Thread..

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

I voted ZA. Ben Heck needing to slap his name on everything he does is just annoying.

Ummm... Having his name on the game was never Ben's idea. John came to him with the idea for the game and Ben was pretty humbled by it. Even asked if it was necessary to have his name on it, but John said he felt it was essential. Hell, he didn't even want his Internet show to be named after him!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

True, but in this case, Ben Heck's name is actually part of the official title.

+1

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Not Try-n to lOOk StewPud ,, , but Who is Ben Heck . I've Never heard of him till this Thread..

Don't feel bad, you're not alone. We can look stewpud together

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

http://benheck.com/

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

docscott said:ZA better. I'm number 35. Whooooohooooo We don't name pin abbreviations off of creators or manufacturers.
    +1
    I like ZA
    Got my confirmation this morning too Doc... I must have got in right after you at #36! Did you go for DIY?

Cool dude! We're neighbors. How many pinsiders bought in? I didn't do DIY. Hell, I can't change the oil on my car let alone put a pin together, even with J Pop's help. Unless they have Pinball DIY for Dummies...

#26 12 years ago

What will be the acronym for the Chris and Melissa from Cointaker version?

http://cointaker.com/BHZA.html

#27 12 years ago

We're even steven at 20 votes each.

#28 12 years ago

I voted ZA.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Drano74 said:docscott said:ZA better. I'm number 35. Whooooohooooo We don't name pin abbreviations off of creators or manufacturers.
    +1
    I like ZA
    Cool dude! We're neighbors. How many pinsiders bought in? I didn't do DIY. Hell, I can't change the oil on my car let alone put a pin together, even with J Pop's help. Unless they have Pinball DIY for Dummies...

Yeah, DIY freaks me out a bit too Doc. I've done a couple of ground up restorations, so how hard can it be???
    I'm primarily intersted in seeing if the DIY option also adds another level of customization, but I would be worried about resale.

If it's like some others have speculated (a custom personalized translite with the option to swap out for a regular one) that would be worth it for me. But if the extra dough is primarily for the experience of building the machine with Jpop or Ben, I'd have to think about it. I love John's work and all, but a boxed preassembled machine has it's good points... especially since I still have to find a spot for it.

I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal to switch back to the preassembled option if enough warning is given. Let's wait and see.

#30 12 years ago

Moved to the Buying and Selling Sub Forum. Pinside Talk is for issues with the forum itself.

#31 12 years ago

I've changed my mind on this. Even though the maker is referring to it as BHZA, I do prefer ZA. Shorter, simpler.

8 months later
    #32 11 years ago

another vote for ZA....
    Please JPop do consider dropping Ben Heck from the title of the game and the focus of the back glass.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from theBRAIN:

another vote for ZA....

I think you're a little late to the party ...

#34 11 years ago

Why are there hardly or never any updates on this pin with details?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Why are there hardly or never any updates on this pin with details?

It's way early in the process per the agreement... If your in on it you should look at your info, if your not than, well your not..

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Redeyes:

It's way early in the process per the agreement... If your in on it you should look at your info, if your not than, well your not..

I have one on order as well and there pretty much is no info. It's very hush hush and we all had to sign NDA's.

Long story short, JPop is an innovator and will be stuffing a lot of AMAZING ideas into this machine.

And as of now, the only way to get more info is to head to Chicago and pay his studio a visit

#37 11 years ago

Jpop will set up some type of blog or forum for the owners as promised and surely not expect the owners would actually have to travel to his studio for an idea of what is going on, this is why he had the owners sign the non-disclosure.
    It would simply be absurd that he would expect further payments without any refunds and without informing the owners with the progress.
    Hang tight, Jpop will come through.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from theBRAIN:

another vote for ZA....
    Please JPop do consider dropping Ben Heck from the title of the game and the focus of the back glass.

+1000000000000000000

#39 11 years ago

Funny how suddenly, BHZA has taken the lead in the poll....

#40 11 years ago

Dont see good reason why people are uptight about fact Heck is on translite. Just think of image as a random man. At least he doesn't present a smug mug like Baldwin.

Who cares if official title contains Hecks name? If you want to call it ZA, fine. Everybody will know what you mean. Family Guy and Batman Dark Knight each use a couple of abbreviations. I understand this post is gauging interest on which is preferred, so primarily questioning people who are voicing need to change the game name.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.