By Pinballerchef

6 years ago

Stats

• 28 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zen-pinball-2-plants-vs-zombies.jpg
    Mojo.jpeg

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

If you read gadget type websites you probably know who Ben Heck is. He mods electronic stuff. Making one handed Xbox 360 controllers for people with one hand, and stuff like that. Anyway, he also loves pinball and he is supposedly teaming up with John Popadiuk to make a pinball machine. It will be hand built and sold for some unknown price. Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland. See:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/25/ben-heck-gets-into-the-pinball-business-for-real-pre-orders-beg/

#2 6 years ago

Really wish I had the kind of money to spend it would cost to get one of these bad boys. Sounds like its going to be one heck of machine. It's a shame so few will get the chance to play it though!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's a shame so few will get the chance to play it though!

Sad, but very true. Those machines will definitely not be at any public place.

#4 6 years ago

Can't get any more rare than one bill Paxton pinball. Didn't Ben at least make a set of lost pinballs? Of course I think his show producer is getting the other. Can't exactly sell a licensed pinball without licensing fees. Not a problem if it's for yourself or a friend.

#5 6 years ago

Hi..

Well we are currently looking at a most "mass" run of the BHZA at an affordable price. More details as we know them.

Jpop

#7 6 years ago

Oh yeah baby. Im all in. Your pins rock Jpop.

#8 6 years ago

Exciting! The Paxton pin was very creative.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Well we are currently looking at a most "mass" run of the BHZA at an affordable price. More details as we know them.

Jpop

I'm excited to see my pinball hero is on here!
    Thanks for being kind enough to stop and say hello at Expo.

#10 6 years ago

Hi..

Well I am like "no where" without you guys sending me the mojo....and that
    mojo is looking really sweet!

Jpop

#11 6 years ago

This is super exciting stuff, John! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Hi..

Jpop

That is very exciting news indeed!!!! I was going to add a pin as soon as I found the one I am currently looking for. This news makes me want to hold off until we find out more info on a possible mass run of BHZA. Thanks for stopping by and keeping us informed Jpop it is much appreciated.

#13 6 years ago

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1, etc.,etc.,etc.!!!!!!!!

#14 6 years ago

Well I am like "no where" without you guys sending me the mojo

Mojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojo.....
    Mojomojomojomojomojomojomojo......*panting*....mojomojomojomojomojomojomojo...Mojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojomojo

Aaaannnd,
    M-O-J-O!

Mojo.jpeg
    Mwahahahahaha!

#15 6 years ago

more good news all the way around! it's great to hear that stuff is cropping up.

3 years later
    #17 2 years ago

Talk about bringing back the dead.

#18 2 years ago

Zombie thread.

zen-pinball-2-plants-vs-zombies.jpg
    #19 2 years ago

Ben has not had any involvement for some time now. At this point in the game it is all "JPOOP"

#20 2 years ago

Good laugh!
    Wow pinball moves fast.

#21 2 years ago

What was all that mojo? Money!!

Wonder if anyone is still your fan.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

What was all that mojo? Money!!
    Wonder if anyone is still your fan.

Shockingly as recently as two weeks ago there were still some people on Facebook who thought JPop somehow got a raw deal and us Pinsiders were a pack of dogs...

I'm sure John thinks he is somehow the victim.

#23 2 years ago

Reputation tarnished beyond repair I'm afraid

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Shockingly as recently as two weeks ago there were still some people on Facebook who thought JPop somehow got a raw deal and us Pinsiders were a pack of dogs...
    I'm sure John thinks he is somehow the victim.

I'm always baffled by that. I think what happens is a lot of people who just like pinball get served Johns content, have never been to pinside, don't know the backstory. They end up defending someone they have no knowledge of. Either that or they are just dumb.

#25 2 years ago

This is the joke about Pinside being blamed for his problems. There was nothing but support here, and a whole lot of money collected. The heat started picking up when the YEARS passed by with no game even shown, and now here at the end we've learned that all those critical questions were legit.

And somewhere John is still probably blaming Pinside for the money drying up (no new suckers sending him cash) because the truth was unavoidable.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

And somewhere John is still probably blaming Pinside for the money drying up (no new suckers sending him cash) because the truth was unavoidable.

I would wager dollars to pesos john tells everyone who will listen that he was just about to bring the "games" all into production but because his preorder people stopped sending in payments the whole project blew up.

He is blaming his own preorder people, I guarantee it.

#27 2 years ago

I did not read the 1000 pages - did zidware go bankrupt officially?

#28 2 years ago

Guys, I'm going to lock this thread. It is a zombie thread anyway, not really fair to Ben Heck since it sounds like new news, and the material is all covered in the monster thread dumpster fire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 6.95
    $ 229.99
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside