Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ben_heck_next_game_whitewood3 (resized).jpg
    ben_heck_next_game_whitewood1 (resized).png
    whatpinsidewants.jpg
    ec1b379d4d82b2106c39583925a405ce472aee95 (resized).jpg
    BF20B0EB-E7CD-404B-92B2-3874F70F1510 (resized).jpeg
    C8338839-F83B-430C-83EA-C937F2627C18 (resized).jpeg
    24n6up (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).png
    BenHeckThumbsUpDown (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Looking forward to what Ben comes up with next!

He has some great ideas and I am pretty sure we will see him in pinball in the future.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

what kind of bearing will this have on the boards that spooky uses?

none.

#18 6 years ago

Dont read too much into this people.

Spooky is kicking ass with TNA sales, ACNC is just around the corner. Ben's game would have likely come after both of those >> a while out in the future.

Ben is a smart dude and has plenty of irons in the fire.

I am guessing this is a long time coming based on the art on ACNC featuring a tombstone with "RIP Ben Heck"

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Off to Deeproot?

Pretty sure Ben wants nothing to do with that guy... After his BS pulled with Bible Adventures.

Granted, that guy seems to like tossing money around...

#51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

God wanted Ben AND Charlie’s souls. Charlie said no.

Ben had no problem with it

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Was then going to develop Bible Adventures as my own thing, see where it went... until the deeproot announcement.

deeproot is full of bluster and hype.

You should keep working on bible adventures. Pretty sure it would sell well and deeproot knows it would be dumb to try and go up against you with the design of a lawyer (LOL)

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

What did deeproot do or say?

He made claims that he is making a bible adventures type theme (insinuates that he came up with the idea when we all know Ben has been working on this for years now). This is more concerning as he appears willing to sue for all sorts of stuff and more importantly the funds to be able to sue anyone into submission rather than waste money trying to fight.

In short, he is a DBAG and if anyone needed any reason to be even more sick of his shit already... pissing in Ben Hecks cheerios sure is the top of the list.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

With no knowledge or inside info needed for this particular license, why would a licensing attempt "fail"?
    Is it always just about money?
    What else could stop something (other than Stern scooping it up preemptively).

multiple reasons are possible:
    -too many players in the license and 1 person decides they want crazy money for their portion
    -able to secure main license but voice overs cost too much/ specific characters want more for likeness use
    -Stern bought up the license just to stop you in your tracks (they have weight to toss around)
    -license holder does not agree with something or becomes too difficult to work with

#125 6 years ago

Ben >> how much to hire you to build me a Phish pinball machine?

nobody else will want to buy the damn thing, but it is never going to get finished on my own accord (I dont have even a fraction of your genius)

#128 6 years ago

technically speaking it would be Gamehenge

I have the rough layout and rules/storyline pretty much written out already.

1 month later
    #195 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Madison no longer has a Prime Quarter. For that reason, I'm out.

dont worry, we voted you out years ago

after you burnt the place down...

#219 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The southwest has been trying to get a water pipeline from the great lakes. Oh, you're bad at managing your resources? Well here, have ours! What could go wrong..

our crooked leader is trying to sell all the states natural resources as quick as he can...

8 months later
    #299 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

So I noticed Ben tweeted this, clearly cutting this before he tore down his shopbot that he's trying to sell:
    [quoted image]
    I couldn't help myself but mock up what the whitewood would look like with inserts (making assumptions what the holes are of course).
    [quoted image]
    Ben, I hope you continue to work on this and get a flipping game going.

It shoots really well! A few shots and mechs that have never been done in pinball before!

#302 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I take it when Ben moved into a house, he didn't move far from Madison

He may technically live in Monona, but that is just the donut hol of Madison.

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It was going to use serial RGB lighting.
    And Hilton I do still technically live in Madison. I miss the old HyVee.

I wonder what you are retheming the old whotewood in to?

Hyvee kicks ass!

If you want to drink and play some pinball this weekend, LMK.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ben-heck-leaving-spooky?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.